Photo

WTF slip streams

46 replies to this topic
Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is there a petition to remove this crap.I hate how I can be in first place with a superior car beating the guy the whole way until at the end he slip streams passed me and winds.Its BS I find I have to let someone actually stay in front of me just so I know I can slip stream them in the end or they will do it to me.

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

God I hate it when people winds. Really grinds my gears :(

• burnsblue, JoshhT, The Rangler and 1 other like this

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Wins penis goblin u know what I meant I'm on a iPhone here give me a break

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

But seriously, yeah it sucks.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Turn catchup off. Slipstream is not an issue without it. Catchup is like a perma-slipstream. You should worry about getting that turned off by default first, so 90% of games aren't using it.

• GTALegion likes this

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Even though I like the concept of slipstream, it's far too exaggerated.

Here's an example of how slipstreaming should be like:

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

I don't necessarily mind the idea of slip-stream, however in the current implementation the person who slip-streams off of you is likely to hit the back of your car and spin you out -- even sometimes on accident. I've been in a number of races where I was first for most of the race, then suddenly someone slip-streams into me and I lose control -- causing me to finish last.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

You can quickly turn left/right to not let him slipstream, or you know stop playing Criminal Records. I don`t find it annoying or stupid, makes you actually think of ways to not let that happen and when to go for that 1st place. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

Here's an example of how slipstreaming should be like:

That seems more exaggerated to me, since the slipstream extends about 10x further back than it does in GTA. Once he closed the distance to the point GTA's slipstream kicks in, he started overtaking the other vehicle just as fast as what happens in GTA races.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

pretty much this, I wouldnt hate it existing in the game, if it was done properly. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's really not that exaggerated, especially compared to how it works in real life.

http://youtu.be/IJtKHKoUt5Y?t=1m14s

People are basically just complaining that the racing is too realistic. This tactic they're using is Racing 101.

• GTALegion likes this

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

which is why I enjoy impromptu race
no slipstream, no catch up
just pure street racing

• IOMDutch likes this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by JayDM420, 10 November 2013 - 08:08 AM.

It's really not that exaggerated, especially compared to how it works in real life.

http://youtu.be/IJtKHKoUt5Y?t=1m14s

People are basically just complaining that the racing is too realistic. This tactic they're using is Racing 101.

Obviously you've never actually drafted a car irl.

1. Those trucks are DESIGNED to slip stream and he was inches off 1st place.

2. In gta you have a jet boost 50 ft behind somebody.

Not realistic. At All.

^^Exactly, Impromtu Races. You can kinda customize them to I guess

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Lol? Obviously you've never actually heard of drafing until just now.

1. Those trucks are DESIGNED to slip stream

And?

he was inches off 1st place

Uh, yeah. Because he drafted up to a few inches behind him, and then stayed there so he could overtake him at the finish line. The same way people do in GTA races. Welcome to the conversation.

Zenrad
  • Zenrad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Lol? Obviously you've never actually heard of drafing until just now.

1. Those trucks are DESIGNED to slip stream

And?

he was inches off 1st place

Uh, yeah. Because he drafted up to a few inches behind him, and then stayed there so he could overtake him at the finish line. The same way people do in GTA races. Welcome to the conversation.

They're not really designed to draft (aka slipstream), the effect just comes from the lead vehicle punching a hole through the air.  The drafting in GTA is too much of a Need For Speed NOS boost rather than a realistic "drafting" effect. Drafting isn't as sudden/quick as the slip stream is.  That being said, shooting about 15 cops and eating 37 bullets isn't really realistic but I've come to accept it on this game, as well as I have with the slipstream.

• FearTheLiving likes this

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I hate the slipstream and think they should have given a bar for NOS. Smarter players use it when needed. Others boost right off the gate.

• The Rangler likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by Chukkles, 10 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

I hate the slipstream and think they should have given a bar for NOS. Smarter players use it when needed. Others boost right off the gate.

Felt Nos was done poorly in TBOGT, it was perfect in SA (for gaming purposes.)
Which brings us to the slip streaming, firstly, turn off catchup.
Slipstreaming can be defended against.
A good slipstreamer won't hit your car because they anticipate a boost.
This basically is your NOS boost (for gaming purposes) and it HAS to be earned.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 10 November 2013 - 09:05 AM.

There should be nitrous to protect yourself against slipstreaming/use whenever you want.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

I don't necessarily mind the idea of slip-stream, however in the current implementation the person who slip-streams off of you is likely to hit the back of your car and spin you out -- even sometimes on accident. I've been in a number of races where I was first for most of the race, then suddenly someone slip-streams into me and I lose control -- causing me to finish last.

This. Although slip stream helps the person behind, it soon turns into a disaster as he/she rams into the back of the person in front.

• Dillinger83 likes this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Slipstreaming shouldn't be removed. But it is WAY too exaggerated on GTA V.

There I just saved you all a discussion.

The_mont
  • The_mont

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ill make it short.
Slipstream is OK.
Catchup on sucks.

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Do impromptu race. No slipstream or catchup, done traditional GTA 4 style

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Is there a petition to remove this crap.I hate how I can be in first place with a superior car beating the guy the whole way until at the end he slip streams passed me and winds.Its BS I find I have to let someone actually stay in front of me just so I know I can slip stream them in the end or they will do it to me.

What makes you think your car is superior? 

Drivers win races not cars.  And good racers won't let you pass when it counts. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 10 November 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Anyone who said slipstream is similar to real life should be executed straight away. I don´t talk about topics I´m ignorant about, please, do the same. Problems with slipstream:

- It kicks at too low speed. Should only come into play over 150 km/h.

- It has a range wayyyy too long. Should only come into play if you are within 1-1´5 car lenghts of another car.

- The boost it gives is way too strong. It should give extra 3-4 km/h at max speed. Not 20.

Also, it´s not really a slipstream in this game. Slipstream is a speed boost due to reduced aerodynamic drag travelling behind another car. Pay attention to the sound of the car behind in this game. It´s as if it turned on some sort of boost.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Slipstream is fine, catch up should be removed... or at the very least, it should by default be turned OFF. Since noobs never bother changing it.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

slipstream needs to stay it comes in real handy in races for those who know how to use it.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 10 November 2013 - 07:21 PM.

slipstream needs to stay it comes in real handy in races for those who know how to use it.

And who doesn´t know how to use it?

PS: never mind, actually 95% of players are too dumb to lift the throttle in a one-line zone when chasing another car. They all smash into your back.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Anyone who said slipstream is similar to real life should be executed straight away. I don´t talk about topics I´m ignorant about, please, do the same.

It is similar to real life, sorry you've never participated in or watched a race before. It's funny that you'd make such an ignorant statement, and then claim you never talk about topics you're ignorant about.

If you'd bothered to educate yourself beforehand, or even just read the entire thread, you'd know that already. A video was already posted showing drafting being used in an actual real life race, and it looks just like people using slipstream in every GTA race you've ever been in (assuming you actually play the game), going from "the same speed" to "twice as fast" almost instantly and easily overtaking them, right before the finish line.

Before making any more posts about this, I'd suggest you at least go to YouTube and spend five minutes looking through videos of actual professional races where drafting was used. I'll give you a hint, it's pretty much every race ever.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I don't even know what slip streaming it. And it says I do it even when I am nowhere near another player. 

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

old news

http://news.google.c...pg=4433,4115504

• AzraelX likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users