• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Im lookin to get into San Andreas while at work. I have a psp and been playing VCS and LCS but I am lookin for a bigger world. One I can go off roading in and mod my rides.. something that will keep me busy though the slow winter shifts of my job. I have a pretty sh*tty laptop but It can handle Morrowind (2002) on low graphics.... and Rome Total war (2005) on medium.... both are heavy on the graphics (with dust particles and sh*t)... 

I need to grab the specs of my laptop but I dont always trust the minimum requirements... Does anyone play this game on a laptop? and does it chug? if it does how good is your laptop?

Any feedback will be helpful. 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:04 AM Edited by lil weasel, 10 November 2013 - 05:06 AM.

many play on laptops, the usual failing is the Video Graphics Card (dedicated memory, which they rarely have).

Install the game using "Admin Privileges". Into a computer with these stats:

Minimum System Requirements

•   1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor

•   256MB of RAM

•   8x DVD-ROM Drive

•   3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install

•   DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

•   64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

• DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound CardKeyboard & Mouse     

Recommended System Requirements:

Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)

    384(+) MB of RAM

    16x DVD-ROM drive

    4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install

    128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)

    DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card

    Game pad** with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)

    Keyboard & Mouse

** I suggest 12 buttons minimum. I use the Logitech Dual Action ™, as it works straight from the box without any special drivers. Seitek also nice. Attempting to use console controllers may take hours to find the right driver(s) and then still not work.

Windows 8 is a touch screen operating system, that has been adapted to keyboard and mouse. Like Windows7 killed the DOS games, Win8 is trying to kill the older PC games.

However, while few Win8 players have had hit & miss results getting games to play, no one has come up with a definite way to do it, that works on all machine configurations.

Cheemo
  • Cheemo

Twerk™

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hey! I myself play on a laptop. I can play Skyrim on low graphics, Minecraft on normal, Vice City and San Andreas. My specs are:
RAM - 8 gb

OS - 64 bit Windows 8

I don't exactly know what my graphics card is but that doesn't matter, as we're on laptops. My computer is chock full of programs, yet it can still run those games. If you are interested in my laptop it is a Toshiba Satellite S855. If you can give us in depth info I think we can specify if you can run it :)

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

Since this is a game from 2005, which had A LOT lower spec requirements than today's games, pretty much ANY laptop can run this game, as the laptops of today have higher specs than they used to. For example, if I can run SA AND Play many Chain Game rounds on a LAPTOP that has an AMD Sempron processor @ 798MHZ, 256MB RAM, and an SIS/VIA Video card with 32MB VRAM and XP Home SP2 @ around 20-22 fps (which IS very playable, as long as fraps is not used to record AND ALL Non-essential programs are closed-including the AV BEFORE running the game), I take it ANY laptop-INCLUDING netbooks will run this game-I have confirmed netbooks will, as I have used the Steam version on my mom's netbook, which is an Intel Atom processor @1.6 GHZ, 1GB ram, an Intel video card and XP Home SP3, and it runs at a steady 25 fps with the Frame Limiter ON. So, in short ANY laptop will run this game. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users