» «
Photo

(Spoilers) Why did all the GTA IV + Episodes characters get so little

49 replies to this topic
simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by simonp92, 10 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

The biggest problem was not that johnny died, it was how out of character he was when Trevor killed him. Infact the only character trait left from TLAD was his love towards Ashley, which already back then got Jim killed. 

Morehowever R* broke their own lore just so that Trevor could kill Lost members for 3-4 missions. Piss poor writing.

In GTA IV it is mentioned that The Angels of Death originated in San Andreas. However in GTA V there's not one Angel of  Death left to be seen. And it's crawling with Lost members. 
At the end of GTA IV there were only 4 notable (Johnny, Clay, Terry and Angus) lost members left. Most died in the war against the AoD or the lost civil war of Johnny vs Brian. So the question is: "How they **** did Johnny manage to totally obliterate any and all AoD presence in SA with only so few Lost members left?" How could Johnny get so many new members to the Lost, kill all AoD members and at the same time grow so weak in only five years? 

I expected the AoD to have been Trevor's enemies, simply because it made sense. R* threw that sense out of the window for what? To show us a lame Cameo of Johnny so that Trevor may have something to kill before he finds Micheal. That is it. 

The other Cameos were done allot better. I loved that Marnie went from a coke whore to a respected Epsilon member, or that it was finally explained that the LC Paper contact was infact a member of the IAA.

Since it's explained that LS and Blaine county aren't all of San Andreas is the HD era, that the AOD exists in other parts of the state. Being based on the Hells Angels, I'm pretty sure they would originate from San Fierro or whatever the GTA equivilennt of Oakland is. This is another reason why I would love GTA VI to be based on northern California (SA) in the 70's, they would deal with the origins of the AOD, much like the Hells Angels in that area during the 70's.

It is mentioned by a Lost memeber in the Random event "Prisoner Lift 1" that the AoD's are finished and a myth. Ofcourse that is only one guy saying this, yet surprisingly I'm pretty sure this is the only time in the game that the AoD's are even mentioned. 

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hey OP, how about a spoiler tag, you stupid cock?

Totally disrespectful to anyone who hasn't completed the game yet.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

f*ck you man it says in the title: (Spoilers)

Can't you read?

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Can't you read?

That isn't a spoiler tag, dumb ass.

http://gtaforums.com...e-spoiler-tags/

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Can't you read?

That isn't a spoiler tag, dumb ass.

http://gtaforums.com...e-spoiler-tags/

f*ck you man no one expect you is complaining

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by nobum62, 12 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Spoiler

EGB727
  • EGB727

Stupid dumb idiot

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Like someone above me said, it wasn't Johnny's death that bothered me, it was how R* pretty much left us to assume that for the last 5 years of smoking meth out in the desert with his motorcycle gang, instead of becoming angrier and less hygenic, he pretty much just turned into a giant pussy? And like someone else said, it would've been much more believable if Johnny came armed and angry and then Trevor actually had to fight to kill him. I mean, come on, Johnny Klebitz hugging it out with some meth'd out psycho who just had his dick in Ashley? I don't buy it. But, really, this is the biggest complaint I have about the game other than the lack of Gang Hideout style side activities in the Story mode. So, I guess that's a good thing. 

PS Sorry for the run on sentences

• nobum62 likes this

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Who cares? They're just imaginary people who already had their story told, if they're not relevant to the new story then what purpose do they serve?

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Who cares? They're just imaginary people who already had their story told, if they're not relevant to the new story then what purpose do they serve?

You're contradicting yourself there. Our point is that they served little point in the story, leading us to ask why the hell they even returned (in particular Johnny) if they're just going to kill them off.
  • nobum62 likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Spoiler

Since TLAD and TBoGT were released so late not as many people played them. so there would be more love for niko or tommy since they were the main protags of their games

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by nobum62, 13 November 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Spoiler

Since TLAD and TBoGT were released so late not as many people played them. so there would be more love for niko or tommy since they were the main protags of their games

well my point is that the people who say "get the f*ck over johnny's death" can kiss my ass. if it was their favorite protagonist being totally out of character only to be killed by the new guy, they wouldn't be so happy. EDIT: you could say they lack empathy

i know it's just a game and they don't exist, but as niko vercetti said, bringing back johnny didn't have much of a reason in the story. you can take johnny and the lost out of the story and the game would still be coherent. EDIT: killing off johnny like an out-of-character nobody and then playing as his killer was partly the reason i didn't enjoy gta 5's story

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 13 November 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Because these characters aren't superheroes, they're all nobodies. Everyone in the GTA universe is. Johnny. Tommy, Michael. Candy Suxxx. They're all just people,. In some stories they have a big impact on us, but in the whole schemes of this universe, they are no different from eachother. Having long drawn out processes for every single returning character would just be clichéd self appreciating fan service which is basically akin to "Let's all masturbate over the past guys!" 

Killing off characters like they did or having past characters just pop up now and again in small roles is what sets this universe apart from others. There's no illusion that the characters we meet are superheroes. They're just people, just like people in the real world. In one person's point of view they are the most important person in the world, but in another's they are no more important than any other ped we meet. And that's really great, I love it. 

• orbitalraindrops and ReekyAlex like this

ZombieRambo24
  • ZombieRambo24

a truth seeker in a corrupt world ran by bankers

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Well guys there is still some grissle left on the end of trevor's boot if you johnny loving puss farts wanna lick it off. Johnny should of known Ashley was a meth whore who would get his ass killed.. duh!

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by nobum62, 14 November 2013 - 01:05 AM.

@jarredxmorris i'm just gonna copy and paste a quote:

D- Ice, on 13 Nov 2013 - 7:12 PM, said:

The main issue I had with Johnny's indignant death is the fact that, as the OP suggested, he was portrayed as having almost super-human fighting abilities.

This is true of all GTA protagonists as they end up killing hundereds - if not thousands - or people through their storyline campaigns. Showing him as such an easily killed weakling is completely irrational and antithetic to TLAD.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

I doubt Niko or Tommy would died over some methhead woman who did nothing but bring them down. In the TLAD I felt like telling Ashley to take a hike but he didn't and this is where it got him.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

I finished the story without ever having Packie in a heist and I wondered what the hell I did wrong. I think I may have killed him in the scene where you meet him without realizing it was him.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

I finished the story without ever having Packie in a heist and I wondered what the hell I did wrong. I think I may have killed him in the scene where you meet him without realizing it was him.

His random event does eventually respawn, but it seems to take a while.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

His random event does eventually respawn, but it seems to take a while.

Most random events seem to take a while. What bugs me is when I'm trying to do a specific event... and I run into another one on the way there so it refuses to spawn the one I want. That has made making videos soo much more annoying. I try to showcase one thing but the game says "haha nope!" 

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by LateNightNeons, 14 November 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Honestly, in case people didn't notice yet, in every recent R* game (written by Houser or not), characters and protagonists get killed because YOLO.

I think, we got to a point in gaming where people consider a game to have a good story, if it only has an unexpectable ending or mind blowing plot twist, despite the fact that you can make an absolutely cliche story be really fulfill and interesting if there is good writing in it.

What video game writers tend to do nowadays is simply put a WTF moment and call it a day, because it's the easier and sometimes even safest way. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

WTF? I mean its ok if they dont want previous characters to play a big role but why did they give almost all of them such a bad treatment

Because it's GTA V. Not GTA IV. They got bad treatment because it seems that's the only way to break the homme-crush that everyone still has on those characters. 

MOVE ON. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users