Photo

do you guys even like this game?

29 replies to this topic
Freeeezing
  • Freeeezing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

i mean what do you honestly do online? run around kill other players, do a deathmatch and get 2k each match? 
buy a house and walk around and look at your furniture?
the repetitive missions from simeon or that other drug dealer guy?

i cant even stay online for an hour without getting bored and im probably going to sell this game. honestly, wtf is there to do 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

let's get blown

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Friends are where the fun is at. Really, the same could be said for most online games.

• Grand Theft Savage and TabooV2 like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

inb4angryfanboys :)

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 10 November 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Yup. Friends are key.

And don't sell the game. There's no reason to. You'll only get half your money back, and if you ever want to play it again, you're going to have to buy it again.

What I do for fun in this game is either start a new game in SP, or roleplay in SP. Depending on how well you do it, roleplaying can extend the life of any game by A LOT

Woll Smoth:

Do you ever post anything productive? I have never seen it if you have.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and neilage like this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

TBH the game is only boring if all you do is kill other players. Sometimes you will need to if its kill or be killed but the fun is doing missions/gang wars/store hold ups/searching for that perfect car/trying to get Simeons HPV to his lockup without losing it to othet players. Seriously the game is mint.

ImperiumSineFine
  • ImperiumSineFine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by ImperiumSineFine, 10 November 2013 - 12:51 AM.

Threads like this remind the average age of a forum poster must be 16. So disappointing to see how unappreciated video games r these days.

Don't like a game, here is an idea, play one you do !  Ground breaking idea ?

• DannyMan and TabooV2 like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

How do I sandbox games?

Do stuff that ain't hardwired into the game as allocated fun things. Use your imagination. If you don't like that, this game ain't for you, play a multiplayer shooter or something...

• DannyMan likes this

sleekycnt277
  • sleekycnt277

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yeah I don't understand how people enjoy online. The missions are repetitive and boring. What's the point of doing them if they're not even fun? Leveling up and getting money? Well what's the point of that? To get 12 year olds drooling over your expensive cars and ultra 1337 level? I don't see any incentive to want to play online.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Friends are where the fun is at. Really, the same could be said for most online games.

Exactly.

If you guys don't like it then don't play it. Do you really think we care to listen to you guys complain?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

I don't have any friends. I live in the middle of no where. So video games are my friends, hehe. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

I am enjoying but I am looking for a PS3 crew to join. Honestly I just enjoy having all these high end cars with insurance and tracking.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

in single player in gun range getting high score for pistol

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

i mean what do you honestly do online? run around kill other players, do a deathmatch and get 2k each match? 

i cant even stay online for an hour without getting bored and im probably going to sell this game. honestly, wtf is there to do 

Well, there's always role playing.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Anybody here want to form a PS3 crew?

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Yes, I like it. I love the feeling of it in my mouth.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Golf.

Also racing, car theft, air racing, cruising in my Surfer, snapmatic, golf and sometimes even missions. Just...don't set Stadium Tour to utility vehicles and more than one lap then choose the mower. Lap time ~11 minutes...

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Nope, I don't like it.

I love it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

If that's all you can think to do, then not surprising you don't like it.
There are more mission givers than Gerald and Simeon.

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

I really enjoy the game. Like others have said, it's best to play with friends if you're playing online.

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Im still loving single player alot. ive tried multiplayer a few times. im like level 12 i think at the moment. its pretty cool i dont like the loading times and waiting before and after missions though.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

How do I sandbox games?

Do stuff that ain't hardwired into the game as allocated fun things. Use your imagination. If you don't like that, this game ain't for you, play a multiplayer shooter or something...

Oh come on now...R* didn't provide enough interactive set pieces to be able to enjoy for an extended time like Red Dead. You can only drive around so long or Drive a truck and trailer from the docks to Sandy Shores "pretending" you are hijacking some sweet cargo until you realize...I just drove a truck from the docks to Sandy Shores...for nothing. Imagination is great, all I ask is for R* to throw me a f*cking bone and give me a world to actually interact with. Not just get attacked or the police called by pedestrians because I am a foot away from them.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

Online can only provide open world for you to play with friends. Otherwise, I don't see any merit attached to it.
Missions are also structured around having crew rather for single player.
So having a Crew with better ranking is very important, basically you grind for ranks, perks, numbers that make your crew look good. Just boring dude, may be for couple of hours its fun after that what are you aiming? Fun.. ??
Single-Player offers that fun with no cost of internet connectivity plus a host of other crazy stuff which you can do without tagged as 'bad sport' or just do it slowly, enjoying the ideas to explore map whatever you desire with no restrictions put on you by online rules and other factors that makes millions of players a pain in the ass on your freedom to take part in many other online modes except stick around in privacy, in that case you are playing 'Single-Player' with friends but sessions limited to your private lobby.
I dont play GTA for just mindless scores but to live the world and that the world offers to me, well structured interesting missions and the large number of toys to play around.
COD has the formula for online fun, but GTA requires a dynamic feel to actually make online interesting, and yes Rockstar will succeed in doing that in coming years.
I still prefer good single player fun than having entire GTA universe online becoz it will soon become another COD, same sh*t, same type of missions, same open free roam tasks, same crew, same everything except well hope you get my point, what exactly is missing!

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

I play with friends. Often screwing around, doing jumps, playing around in the army base, racing, etc. There is a lot, and is still fun even after doing some of the same things multiple times, because the outcome usually ends up different.

• TabooV2 likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Vision of cod fanboys:

What do you do in online cod? Bunch!!!

What do you do in online gta? Nothing....

F*ck logic

• IveGotNoValues likes this

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Vision of cod fanboys:

What do you do in online cod? Bunch!!!

What do you do in online gta? Nothing....

F*ck logic

Why does every topic where people are not enjoying GTA have to have a comment where someone mentions CoD? You don't like it, get over it. 

But OP, this game is good when you play it with friends otherwise it is just a grind and tedious. 

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Definitely. Just playing through it, you can still have a bit of fun. But it's best to have your homies with you

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I enjoy it a lot. I just wish online would have been released much later as DLC, so we would have had the whole disc space of content for a fantastic single player experience. It seems rockstar broke their tradition and went COD when they made gta v with more emphasis and effort on online.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's okay to me... I can do a lot more in V than IV.

Flying planes is my favorite pastime and going high speed chases!

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm on the brink of selling it, but I know in a few months or so I'll want to play it again.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yup. Friends are key.

And don't sell the game. There's no reason to. You'll only get half your money back, and if you ever want to play it again, you're going to have to buy it again.

What I do for fun in this game is either start a new game in SP, or roleplay in SP. Depending on how well you do it, roleplaying can extend the life of any game by A LOT

Woll Smoth:

Do you ever post anything productive? I have never seen it if you have.

That's what Woll Smoth does :)

I agree here plus I do love to roleplay in games and V gives a perfect stage for roleplaying :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users