» «
Photo

Faster gta 4 on intel hd 3000

4 replies to this topic
grandT
  • grandT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by grandT, 09 November 2013 - 10:17 PM.

I have 2 gb ram, intel hd 3000 with 848mb shared memory and intel celeron dual core 3.2 ghz.When I install game and i run on minimum settings with 1366x768 res. (6-15fps) - after
I downloaded patch 1.0.4.0 ,xlive.dll(to disable RGSC and Live) minimum draw distance and ultimate graphics tweak, and i run game with the same fps before.(When i run gta 4 on max possible settings with command line about 1700mb resource usage FPS are between 1-5).
Can I somehow stop freezing at the moment and lagging?
NOTE: I run Far Cry 3 and Dead Island on 30fps (very smoothly)

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

First, What is your OS (operating system)?

Next..Well since Intel Video cards ARE NOT supported by the game, it is questionable whether or not the game even runs at all. Just like when I used to run SA on a PC that was below minimum specs-an AMD Sempron processor, 256MB ram, and an VIA/SIS video card w/32mb vram and XP Home edition-don't get me wrong it ran well, as I played many a Chain Game round on that PC, (same situation you are in with IV)-the ONLY real difference is that SA was not a Processor and video card intensive as IV is.

Intel cards have SHARED vram (the vram is shared with the system ram) and since you only have 2GB of RAM, that leaves not much ram for games. Plus, I have yet to see an Intel card have more than 128MB of Dedicated vram (what games use)...? Also, you have a lower power processor, as Celerons are more for business/school purposes and not for gaming purposes..

Whether or not you can do anything about it would depend on if you are on a laptop OR a desktop? 

pen15itive
  • pen15itive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Intel integrated graphics are really not supported by the game. I am currently using a Intel HD 4600 (Built-in of my i5-4670k) until I buy a graphics card. GTX 760.

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Intergrated GPU's aren't  and won't work properly with GTA IV.

mrshane88
  • mrshane88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm not sure where the hd 3000 stands, but I've had the x3100 and the GMA 4500mhd cards in previous laptops I've owned. The true is they suck. Inconsistent frame rates and poor graphics quality make games less fun to play and more headaches looking for fixes. I don't know where the HD 3000 lies in terms of performance but my new laptop has HD 4600 and Nvidia GT 750M. I can not even get into gameplay with the intel card because its all shared memory and only 30mb shows up on the graphics settings menue in gta 4. 

I've spent years and alot of money looking for a cheap gaming laptop, and it just dosen't work. When you get one game to work good, another favorite game comes along and you have to upgrade again. If you want any assurence in running games you would have to spend atleast 1000$ on a good gaming laptop or build a desktop gaming system and save money.  I don't mean to sound disappointing but its true, atleast there won't be any limitations that consoles have and you can mod games however you like. With the card you have now I'd say you maybe could run san andreas medium low at best and deal with a few stutters here and there.

------------- X3100

------------  gma 4500mhd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users