The Silent Mew (X360)

10 replies to this topic
Deimenried
  • Deimenried

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Greetings to all,

I'm not going to dazzle you with flashy gimmicks or swanky graphics, I'm just going to get down to brass tacks.

Are you sick of doing Down the Drain with trolls? Do you hate mission lobbies that empty because people can't spam them for RP? Tired of people abandoning Survival sessions? Want to actually have fun in a friendly atmosphere where people actually talk to each other?

I have started a new crew with a view to recruit some like-minded individuals for general good fun. By that I mean getting into what GTA:O was supposed to be, i.e. without the pointless grinding, money-grabbing and trolling. Just because the game has a rank system doesn't mean we all have to reach the top at the expense of variety and actual fun!

Some very easy-going pointers to see if this crew is for you:-

The Silent Mew (SMEW) is about:

Co-Operation. Being in a crew doesn't mean you have to fight endlessly with other crews. After all, we spend our lives in competition with someone else, why not team up instead? Some rivalry is expected, but it needn't be ALL we're about.

The GTA experience: Different people might have different opinions on what that might be, but for SMEW this means getting into the meat of GTA:O ; Missions, races, survival and heists (when they eventually reach us!), amongst other general freeform fun.

Good Clean Fun: No glitching, trolling or hacking. Generally ruining other people's good time is definitely NOT what we're about. Respectful and active players will be rewarded, haters and trolls will not.

No Unfair Requirements: You don't need to be level 100, have access to tanks and choppers, only act within the confines of roleplay or like a certain music artist or something. You don't need a microphone either, but it will certainly help your progression and general experience if you do.

Play not Grind: We have nothing against replaying levels for fun, but doing Down the Drain or Criminal Records a billion times to farm RP is not on the cards.

I found GTA:O immensely daunting when I first started, and not fun. I spent much of my time "hiding" doing quick races and not really seeing the potential fun on offer in LS, In short, I am making this crew to represent what should be on offer when anyone starts. Good fun.

If you're interested, our Social Club page is here and my profile here.

My gamertag is Deimenried. Hit me up, I'm on most nights.

Deimenried
  • Deimenried

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

A week on and we've had quite a positive start! Although we've only recruited one for the crew on the whole, we've formed quite a few connections with players who are part of another crew and wanted to hang out to see what we're about.

Hopefully in the coming weeks we can get some more full-time recruits, but this is not a disappointment by any means. I set out to find like-minded players for some good clean fun, and that's exactly what I did.

So to any other players who want to get their teeth into some actual GTA:O action, and not be stuck in endless grief and grind sessions, I invite you to check us out. Deets above, drop me a line in-game or join the crew. Whenever I'm on and not in a job, I hang in a closed crew session. Just use the Join Crew function and drop in if you decide to join up!

Of course, if like others we've met, you want to just hang without joining up that's fine. I don't mind if you want to keep your old crew affiliations and just want a change of pace, just friend me and I'll invite you if I host, or invite me, it's all good. All the info is up top.

Thank you for reading!  :D

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Sounds like a nice crew. i will try and see if i can get on tomorrow^^

Deimenried
  • Deimenried

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like a nice crew. i will try and see if i can get on tomorrow^^

You will be most welcome, friend!

Cisto
  • Cisto

Soul Reapers MC

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Just no!

SurlierTrout249
  • SurlierTrout249

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Sounds a nice group think I'll join you it sounds like you were,where I am at the mo

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Sounds like a hoot to me and you had me at 'The Silent Mew'! I'm a 37 year old UK player and I love immersing myself in the game world like I'm really part of it. Would be delighted to receive an invite and see if I work out with your group!

GT: Justafanuk

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Oops, someone missed the part where you offered your details to join! I shall investigate tonight!

sparkem44
  • sparkem44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

I got a crew already man I would like to game tho my Xbox is sparkem44mag there only 3 peep in crew but I levl 64 I ain't sropping now

M_Adhan_W
  • M_Adhan_W

Preman Indonesia

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

What console do you guys play on?

Thedunkaway
  • Thedunkaway

The One Man Band

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

I WILL CAN I BE IN OTHERS TOO