Quantcast

» «
Photo

Glitches and cash cards are the same thing !

81 replies to this topic
Diggerdoug
  • Diggerdoug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

You clearly can't follow a conversation to save your life. Since you're either a really determined troll or just really bad at reading, I'll break this down for you.

1) Someone said "Rockstar made enough money already, they should stop trying to make more profit off of us".

2) It was pointed out that they are a business, and aren't going to keep releasing DLC and future content for free.

3) You replied "NO ONE EVER SAID THEY WANTED IT FOR FREE!!!"

4) I replied "Yes, they did. That's exactly what they said."

5) You replied "NO IT ISNT OMG EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME, NO ONE EVER SAID THAT, DONT GO BACK AND READ IT YOURSELF PLZ JUST TRUST ME NO ONE IN THIS THREAD EVER SAID THEY WANTED ANYTHING FOR FREE!!! DIS GUY IS OBV TROLL WHAT A TROLL!!!!"

Funny because we can all go back and read this thread and NO-ONE says they want DLC to be free!

So as I said before...

Go back and read the thread or go back to your cave troll.

the closest anyone getS is

''There should be absolutely NO need for them to make more profit off us gamers. Unless they're just that greedy.''

This was posted after other people talking about paying out for cash cards, so I would be natural that they are talking about rockstar profiting from additional sales of in game money, NOT dlc.

ALSO if you are going to quote me then quote me, don't write in caps like an idiot and make up what i said. stop making yourself look like an idiot.

And for heavens sake just stick to the thread.

I think cash cards are bad. I think glitching is bad. I think after the first DLC beach Bum that future DLC should be paid for. I think rockstar should have sorted out the money glitch and that they should not sell cash cards.

If you want to reply about your veiws about what i think I will happily talk to you.

Diggerdoug
  • Diggerdoug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

No, they aren't.

One is legit, the other is exploitation.

exploitation of the people that paid for the game to only find out that to get the items your friends have you need to put in unrealistic hours of work in game or beg, borrow or steal to pay for in-gamecash cards.  This culture of in-games sales is ''ok'' for free mobile phone apps where they rely on the few to make the profit. but when you have MILLIONS of loyal custumers who have already paid and will likely be more than happy to buy your next DLC. Then I am not saying glitching is ok, I am saying that cash cards are just as bad. In the same way as i could glitch I could also spend loads of money on Cash cards. Other players still loss out, the only diference is Rockstar make more money with cashcards and are therefore more likely to do the same thing in the next GTA or what ever game they make. Which is a gaming enviroment where you are unfairly rewarded for the more money you pay.

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Wally, I don't disagree with tow truck example but you're confusing the issue.  

The in-game economy was never fully realized. Your point about whales seems fair at first glance, but it is only an example of an unburdened, open-world game experience. 

The stock market "could" be a literal game changer. It's important to remember that stock prices do rise and fall based on trades. There are also other factors that could move the market. In the real world, quarterly reports are the major factor. Rockstar "could" simply script the market making player trades a factor but not the only factor. 

About micro-transactions: If Rockstar wanted, they could offer cars, clothes, extra character slots, diff paint schemes for vehicles all as a micro-transaction.  I'm not going to discuss the moral implications of exploiting within a video game.  

Cash Cards and Reselling Car Glitch are the same thing. In-game money created out of thin air.

Glad we can agree on the tow truck/instability thing.
I'll give you your scripting point, rockstar could account for any number if variables via scripting their market, I never anticipated the market behaving or operating as a truly open market like we see in real life, but I'm hoping the market is less scripted than it was in single player (ie kill a CEO of life invader, make money off of competitor). But given how rockstars previous promises have played out, I'm wondering if the stock market for multiplayer was ever going to be much more than what we got in single player.
And no need for a morals of cheating debate, people will always cheat and cut corners, it's the human way, but as always life doesn't exist in a vacuum and so each action has a ripple effect, but as you said if rockstars idea of a stock market was more scripted events and less player driven than server stability would be much more of a concern for rockstar than accounting for glitched wealth.
But economics aside, the cash card was part of the design of the game, the glitching was not. The end result creates money out of thin air which is what they share in common, but i don't know what to tell anyone who doesn't see the difference in using designed features to increase their cash vs exploiting the code in the game to make cash.

Agreed. Completely.

Network manipulation, exploiting game mechanics, etc. does have a negative affect on the player community. Whether it's perceived or actualized doesn't really matter. For Rockstar, they do need to get control of their game. The negative affect of "cheating" (I'll use cheating for all intents and purposes) will push players away from the game. There are examples of this everywhere. 

I bought this game for three reasons. The story was entertaining. The open-world aspect offered great replay value. The interactive stock market.

I ended up with two out of three.

Getting control of their game, that is the nail on the head. And considering how the other debates on this thread are going, I thank you for the discussion, good to see not everything here turns into the "troll" show.
  • Gunner Eleven likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I want to be able to buy DLC with micro-transactions... problem?

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

First sorry if this is has already been said and please only post if you can stick to the point and read what has already been posted on this tread.

In my opion isn't glitching a million just the same as using real money to buy a million ?

All in all, you have not put the time into playing the game to earn it, the only difference is you are not paying Rockstar for the money.

I understand that there are people who play these games and have a busy life. I understand how it is frustrating for them if they are never able to compete with those gamers that can play for hours and hours. On the flip side it's really annoying if some guy with plenty of real money just rocks up and does £100 on in-game money and buys stuff with little to no effort.

BUT

This does explain why it is so hard to earn money in the game through just playing it. it would seem that Rockstar have done this so we have little choice but to spend almost £20 just to get a fully upgraded adder. (please note that in a job at £5 an hour it would take 4 hours of real world work to earn this, in game to earn 2 million without glitches..... well it took me more than 4 hours just to get 200,000 to buy my first appartment.)

MAYBE

if rockstar had made it easier to make money HOLD UP, maybe if they had not made it almost impossible to make money we wouldn't have this problem in the first place! i.e some sort of daily quests/missions/races, maybe win a big cash prize for winning a race which you can only get every real 24 hour. and one for each class of car.

At this present time I find it very hard to play this game. If I play it ''the rightway'' I will put in hours of work only to be out done by people willing to through real money at this game or glitches risking being banned for not parting with there own hard earned cash. What choice do I have but jion them !

All said and done I think Rockstar have made this hard on them selves and done a poor job of controlling the whole thing. This isn't some free game on my mobile. I paided for this game and I would happily buy the dlc.

P.S it is possible to manage online games and the in game money, just look at World of warcraft!

SORT IT OUT  Rockstar !

I feel better now !

Your mother and a whore are the same thing.

See what I did there?

I won't be buying any Shark cards, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people don't have the time to sit around all day every day earning money on the game. Some of these people want to be able to drive Adders or buy themselves Buzzard Attack Choppers or Rhinos or whatever, and at the end of the day, these people don't give a f*ck if they've "earned" it or not. This is a video game. Earning something in a video game is far from important. Games are for fun and absolutely nothing else, so if people want to pay a fee to be able to have things like Adders or choppers to enhance the fun they have when playing the game than why shouldn't they be able to do that? It's not hurting you or anyone else in any way.

tl;dr - glitching =/= cash cards. Stop being a child about it.

• .Polar_Bear. and Prime_Suspect like this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

''There should be absolutely NO need for them to make more profit off us gamers. Unless they're just that greedy.''

This was posted after other people talking about paying out for cash cards, so I would be natural that they are talking about rockstar profiting from additional sales of in game money, NOT dlc.

How convenient it must be to just quote things out of context whenever it suits your agenda.

He said they shouldn't make any more profit because they've already made enough money. Somewhere in your confused incoherent mind you added in "OH EXCEPT DLC THEY TOTALLY WOULDNT BE GREEDY IF THEY WANTED TO PROFIT OFF US FOR DLC!!!!!"

But sorry, that isn't what he said. Putting words in his mouth and rewording what he said is the definition of changing the position of other people.

The fact you just keep dodging the facts and trying to spin this deceitful web of lies just goes to show that you're nothing more than a troll, taking a position you know is completely stupid just to stir up the community. That's really just sad.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

OP, I think you're grasping at straws trying to justify glitching, but I'm not the morality police so I'm not gonna tell you that glitching is 'wrong'. If R* was so concerned about it, they would have done something about it already. From where I stand, they probably don't even care about LSC glitchers anyhow, because those people likely wouldn't have bought cash cards in the first place.

I don't glitch, but I'm not buying a cash card. I don't need a garage full of chrome Adders and tanks, just a few thousand for sniper ammo and sticky bombs every now and then.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

glitchers and there crazy justifications for being cheating scumbags.

• AzraelX likes this

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

This is why we can't have nice things.

Everyone wants to assume moral superiority. Just because you wag your finger and declare yourself righteous doesn't make you innocent. Everyone cheats in some form. It's about risk vs award. When there is an incentive to cheat, you will. 

A true scumbag doesn't need an incentive. A true scumbag would cheat only for the enjoyment of corrupting your belief that justice is a "real thing"

• a20characterusername likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Everyone wants to assume moral superiority. Just because you wag your finger and declare yourself righteous doesn't make you innocent. Everyone cheats in some form. It's about risk vs award. When there is an incentive to cheat, you will. 

A true scumbag doesn't need an incentive. A true scumbag would cheat only for the enjoyment of corrupting your belief that justice is a "real thing"
A true scumbag also makes up garbled junk to try and justify his cheating. Because said scumbag has no intelligence or moral compass.

And tell me this. How can you be so mentally, morally and physically DEFEATED by a gathering of virtual pixels, that you are somehow "forced" to cheat...?? I mean, from where I'm sitting, you seem like quite the meek and feeble minded individual. Virtual reality whoops your ass and you are somehow offended, and in turn, go out of your way to somehow exact your virtual revenge on said virtual ass whoopin by cheating or glitching?? Wow what an utter worthless existence that is...not sure they make drugs strong enough to fix that kind of sh*t.

And not everyone cheats, moron. Tell tale sign of an entitled youth who thinks they can do no wrong.
  • AzraelX likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

thank you for showing me yet another ignorant justification for being a cheating scumbag.

• AzraelX likes this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:47 AM Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 10 November 2013 - 03:48 AM.

Wow, this thread is a mess.

Money glitching and Cash Cards are not the same thing, end of story guys.

/thread

• AzraelX likes this

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Wow, this thread is a mess.

Money glitching and Cash Cards are not the same thing, end of story guys.

/thread

It's not the end of the thread because people are missing the point. The thread may be incorrectly titled, but the point is that the result of glitching, and the result of using a cash card are the same. Every advantage an LSC glitcher enjoys now can be enjoyed by someone that buys cash cards.
  • .Polar_Bear. and Gunner Eleven like this

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hey DontShoot, 

Please don't have any children. No lifeguard on duty in your gene pool.

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by Hootytooty, 10 November 2013 - 04:20 AM.

When cash cards were unavailable, you could make the claim that glitching was cheating, because it did give you an advantage over players who earned GTA$ via much slower methods. But now that cash cards are available, glitching for GTA$ is no more cheating than paying real money. You can't complain about one without accepting that the other has exactly the same effect.

In an ideal world GTA would have no glitches and no cash cards, mission payments would be fair and customization options for guns/cars etc would not be ridiculously expensive. But Rockstar decided to milk their game for all it was worth, to make most of the really desirable game elements unaffordable to anyone who wasn't willing to buy a cash card. They did that while at the same time leaving a ridiculous number of glitches, and they fully deserve the end result.

You can make the (cringeworthy) argument that glitching is still immoral, sure. But no one really cares about avoiding giving Rockstar any more money for an online service that was sh*t to begin with, and as yet has no new content. Hopefully most people will have the sense to keep their real money away from Rockstar, because they certainly haven't earned it. I would feel hella stupid if I paid real money for virtual currency on a dieing game, while at the same time I knew that there were thousands of people getting far more money by performing glitches that had been around for months and never properly patched.

tl;dr - There's no such thing as a free lunch. Except in this case, where there is.

• Diggerdoug and Gunner Eleven like this

I_T_T_O
  • I_T_T_O

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

No need to read the thread to say glitches are bad m'kay. It's an exploit plain and simple, exploits are not Easter eggs left in the game for mindless YouTube video watchers to copy in their droves.

Earning money in the game is hard as they intended. In wow you can level a toon to max level in a week... Hear in gtaO you can't. Embrace the grind.

ZihgZag
  • ZihgZag

J's and L's

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

OP don't worry about these flamers. They're typical Americans who think everyone with money should rule the world be it real or virtual.

The truth is we have to break the rules to get by, be them real or virtual. If you follow the rules you'll always be behind.

These people sound like those who follow the rules and hate on those smarter than them but praise people richer than them.

It's like this: If I glitch money I am flamed, but if i rob a store and then use that money to buy money in game I am praised.

Usuaully those who are ahead got there by cheating and getting away with it

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by Gunner Eleven, 10 November 2013 - 04:34 AM.

A true scumbag also makes up garbled junk to try and justify his cheating. Because said scumbag has no intelligence or moral compass.

And tell me this. How can you be so mentally, morally and physically DEFEATED by a gathering of virtual pixels, that you are somehow "forced" to cheat...?? I mean, from where I'm sitting, you seem like quite the meek and feeble minded individual. Virtual reality whoops your ass and you are somehow offended, and in turn, go out of your way to somehow exact your virtual revenge on said virtual ass whoopin by cheating or glitching?? Wow what an utter worthless existence that is...not sure they make drugs strong enough to fix that kind of sh*t.

And not everyone cheats, moron. Tell tale sign of an entitled youth who thinks they can do no wrong.

This made me laugh.  

This is all I got from that response: so this is a rather large digression into another area of discussion altogether that I seem to have conflated with Issue. Am I so obsessed with this unrelated issue that I see it everywhere? Are these rhetorical questions actually an effective means of furthering my argument? Or is it obvious that I am using rhetorical questions to introduce points that I know are weak, playing the plausible-deniability card of ‘just putting it out there’?

But seriously. I'm discussing this concept. Cash Cards and money glitches have the exact same impact on the game. I have never defended the use of exploits. Are you so scared of losing your religion that you knee-jerk anger and aggression at the thought of impropriety? 

• Diggerdoug likes this

ZihgZag
  • ZihgZag

J's and L's

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

I am as wealthy as those who used cash cards. But does it matter how I got it? You have no idea and without any information you can't prove it.

Therefore it doesn't matter how I got there, honest or unhonest, does it? All that matters is that I'm there.

Much like life

TrueHayabusa
  • TrueHayabusa

Shot Caller

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by TrueHayabusa, 10 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

Well, they are two different things. Although I don't see what all the whining is about. It is just a game guys. Rockstar expected to make some extra cheese by ripping off those who have extra money up their sleeves and others decided to use a coding bug to make the same amount for free. Two different things. But again, it is a video game. You are still alive and you are still walking (hopefully). I don't see what makes this glitch different then any others. The Minecraft duplication for example. Point is that they are two different things. Something that is meant to be in a game (although a stupid and unfair tactic to make money) and a bug that is accidental. Difference? Glitch is free and money is not. So honestly, what is more fair? The glitch. You don't want to lsc glitch, then okay. But don't blame those who don't have the money to buy cash cards or the time to farm missions over and over again (especially garbage missions on rockstars part).

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

I wipe my ass with bills yo. When I play GTA online I call airstrikes cuz I like the sound it make.  Got my HotKnife and deep stacks. Da ladies at the club want all my thunder. I roll up in lobbies wit my homies cuz they faze and optic. Son I donate mad cash to their YouTubes. 

From 9-5, I be making that legit IRL money as an insurance adjuster, but erey nigh I be big pimpin San Andreas. 

Diggerdoug
  • Diggerdoug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by Diggerdoug, 10 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Good points both ways. I don't agree with everyone but it's nice to see propper comments. Just wish some people would stop miss reading me (OP) and saying I surport glithing. I have said several times I don't.   Oh and I defo made a mitake with the name of this thread. Thought it may get read more if it sounded interesting but I think I gave off the wron vibe.

Many thanks Everyone.

P.s The post above me is grand, i love it. :)

LASTLY  sorry about my poor spelling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users