Photo

Best way to make $ without cheating

72 replies to this topic
Valthero
  • Valthero

Tiger Bait

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Stores are actually hilariously easy to rob. Just go to your online options and set spawn point to Last Location, rob a store, and change sessions. Takes about thirty to sixty seconds between robbing attempts, and you don't need to pussyfoot around hiding from the cops.

If you are going to do it that way, you may as well glitch.

Honestly, I wouldn't even do it that way. Not even 100k/hr. Far better to grab a partner and whore some races, or even just play the game normally.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Oh as for making money legit, well this is not exactly legit but it damn should be in the game so why not do it.

If you kill a player or simply steal his car, start a mission in that car using your phone. Then while on the mission you can store it on your garage. Now simply fail the mission and its yours. You can get some interesting vehicles this way and if it was modded you can get like 45k. Also makes you interact with players more which is fun.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 09 November 2013 - 11:42 PM.

If we're talking free roam:

Starting from your apartment (if you have one), figure out a clean and efficient path that hits up each convenience store ($~1800 average) with regular stops at gang attacks ($~2000-2500 average, but make sure you comb the area well and look for every enemy you killed). Pick up the nicest looking car along the way to sell to LSC. Every time a crate drops check the map to see where it is - if its close enough and no other players seem to be headed for it or close to it - go for it, If not its super far, I'd avoid it if you just want quick cash, no need for confrontation otherwise. Simeon's vehicles are always going to pop up and usually net a decent amount, worth going after if they're nearby enough and no one else is bothering. Armored trucks are always a good way to go - my personal method is stopping my car in front and taking out the driver and passenger then quickly pulling around back and bombing the doors (from my car, its quicker/easier) then quickly getting out to collect. By the time you've run around enough you should be able to pick up another nice car to sell to LSC. Rinse and repeat all this and you can actually make some pretty damn good cash in free roam, not to mention rank up quite a bit too depending on your level. Add in good bounty collections if there are some and that just adds to it.   

GANG ATTACK MAP (colored number are what time they show up, numbers are what level they unlock)

http://i.imgur.com/g9maQ3u.jpg

If making money is all you want to do at the moment and you can't shake the cops, don't hesitate to call Lester to get rid of them so you can get back on track - sometimes $500 is nothing compared to the time you spend on the run.

Here's some important stuff to remember when trying to save up cash:

1. Try to avoid unnecessary confrontation. You're not going to make a lot of money if you spend it all on health insurance from dying and ammo, not to mention all the time you waste that could be spent making money

2. If it looks like someone is following you, try to shake them before continuing your money-making mission

3. Be conservative with your ammo and go for headshots. Try to avoid using explosives 

4. Try using your personal vehicle at all times so you can keep on-track

Outside of free roam, races, parachute jumps, survival, and some missions (the shorter ones, because of their time/money ratio) are all rather rewarding for what you put in. 

Anyone who says making money is impossible in this game is either lazy, stupid, greedy, impatient or simply doesn't understand how progressive game-play works. Or some kind of mix of the above. I personally find it infinitely more entertaining and rewarding to actually earn money. 

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Any info much appreciated, spending so much money on ammo it's ridiculous. 

Not looking to glitch, cheat, farm or hack.

My first suggestion would be racing. You don't have to sit and farm the same race over and over to make a lot of money either. Even if you just take the time to go around and try out each race once or twice just for fun, you'll end up with a huge chunk of cash by the end of it as well as a lot of RP.

My second suggestion would be Survival. If you have a lot of people on your friends list who are willing to play it with you get three of them to join you and just try to hold down any or all of the Survivals. Boneyard is by far the easiest IMO, but again, you don't have to sit and farm just one of them. There's 6 of them, so you can just try each of them out or whatever you want to do. If you reach Wave 10 you'll earn $20,000 + about 3400 RP, but even if you only hit Wave 8-9 you'll still get a chunk of cash and RP.

My third suggestion would be missions from Martin Madrazo. If you get missions from him that allow you to bring 6 or 8 players along, that usually means you're going to get paid very well if you complete the mission, even if you do it on Easy difficulty. Also, even if it's not a mission for 6 or 8 people and they only allow like 1-2 or 1-4 people, he's still going to pay you pretty good. I think the smallest amount I've been paid by him was $4500, and he's got a few really easy missions.

Other than that, any time you see an armored truck I recommend you go for it since you can get anywhere from $5K to $12K for that in a matter of minutes.

There's more ways to earn money quickly, but these are always the most appealing options to me personally.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Also, I'd recommend doing all of this in an Invite Only or Solo Session, because if other players start f*cking with you it's possible to lose a lot of money fast.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Stores are actually hilariously easy to rob. Just go to your online options and set spawn point to Last Location, rob a store, and change sessions. Takes about thirty to sixty seconds between robbing attempts, and you don't need to pussyfoot around hiding from the cops.

Honestly, I wouldn't even do it that way. Not even 100k/hr. Far better to grab a partner and whore some races, or even just play the game normally.

Yeah, this would be an extremely slow way of making money.

Check my first post. You'll make tons of money fast from any of the options I gave you.

Kouhia
  • Kouhia

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Use a baseball bat to rob the stores and hit the stuff on the around the cash register to make the clerk give the money faster.

No bullets wasted and looks hilarious

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Too funny. This is how I started out. I would change session to rob stores. I think i was close to 80k by day two or three of GTA Online being released. I texted a friend and told him I found a great strategy for making money. He said he was already level 53 and had 1.5 million. 

He was grinding races on graveyard shift. I raced and leveled up fast. Then we found Violent Duct. We replayed maybe for 15 minutes and then found Parking garage. We learned that you could fire a grenade launcher from the opposite building and destroy the briefcase ending the mission successfully. 

Now we are close to rank 100.  We discover Rooftop Rumble. in 6 seconds, you could earn 25k and 5k RP. Hold RT to repeat the mission. We farmed RR around the clock until the replay feature was removed. 

Within a week of the GTA Online's released we were above level 150 and had tens of millions of dollars.

I didn't dupe a car or resell a car to make money until after patch 1.04. I finally tried it because I was curious and bored.

Now, I mainly race criminal records and play Coveted. This week was the first time I went into a freemode session with randoms. 

that's my cool story Bro.

I want to reach level 1000 because I'm a power gamer. 

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Oh as for making money legit, well this is not exactly legit but it damn should be in the game so why not do it.

If you kill a player or simply steal his car, start a mission in that car using your phone. Then while on the mission you can store it on your garage. Now simply fail the mission and its yours. You can get some interesting vehicles this way and if it was modded you can get like 45k. Also makes you interact with players more which is fun.

Lol this is Glitching

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Lol this is Glitching

Explain to me how this is glitching? You can access your garage while on missions. The game is called Grand Theft Auto. It's all about stealing cars. 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by RowanSane, 10 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

OT: selling a Baller or Oracle every 48 minutes or so, combined with whichever activity here suits you best. I'd favour racing myself. I also do Simeon vehicle requests but I'm not sure how efficient it is really, quite a lot of driving for the pay off but he pays better than LSC for the same car.

Edit: I finally reread the op after seeing a lot of defences of farming...turns out you did exclude it. Thing is, what you're asking for is basically farming tips - you just want a diverse and interesting farm rather than monoculture...

Final tip: golf won't make you money. Its good for strength and gives some rp but the only money comes from winning bets. It can be fun though.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Any info much appreciated, spending so much money on ammo it's ridiculous. 

Not looking to glitch, cheat, farm or hack.

Race race mission, race race mission, race robbery mission race race mission DM race race race DM mission then finally kill some asshat in FM for $100 just to round it off.
You are now a thousandair.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Lol this is Glitching

I know but its a feature that imo should be in the game anyway, its the only form of glitch I am using.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users