Photo

3d ripper dx and GTA IV

4 replies to this topic
diegan68
  • diegan68

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

So, I want to study how vehicle and weapons models are meshed and formed.  I had a cracked copy of GTAIV, and was getting the 3d ripper dx to work with it, but the drunk camera from the cracked copy was making me ill. (lol)

So I purchased a copy of GTA IV.  Loaded it up and now when I use 3d Ripper dx to launch it, I don't get the little "ready to capture" message in the upper left anymore.

When I launch GTA IV, a console window appears before the game starts.  Is this part of why it's not working?  What can I do to fix this?

Help Please...

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Use OpenIV.

diegan68
  • diegan68

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

No good.  when I run OpenIV with 3d Ripper dx, and I try to open the models (vehicles, weapons, anything) I only get a blank grey screen and no model displayed.  I DO get a "ready to capture" message in the corner of the viewer window, but no model display.  Any way to get around THIS?

Desperately seeking help.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

No good.  when I run OpenIV with 3d Ripper dx, and I try to open the models (vehicles, weapons, anything) I only get a blank grey screen and no model displayed.  I DO get a "ready to capture" message in the corner of the viewer window, but no model display.  Any way to get around THIS?

Desperately seeking help.

I meant use OpenIV to export the models to the format you want.

diegan68
  • diegan68

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

I want to study how modders have made THEIR vehicles as well.  so many locked files.  I want to study the flow of the mesh for swept fenders and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users