Photo

people dumped the game or what?

51 replies to this topic
SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm hoping a lot of people are quitting. Culling improves quality.

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah I'm bored of online now, I haven't played in a week until yesterday when I played for an hour everything just went wrong for me :( 

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I noticed this also and thought perhaps it was just server issues because only a week ago i was loading up in lobbies 12-16 players. Today i was constantly thrown into 5-7 player games and sometimes even less.

Robinson41
  • Robinson41

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

You people need to get more creative with how you play the game.

Couldn't agree more!

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Probably has more to do with matchmaking than player abscense, but the latter is certainly happening, or will soon enough. I probably would have quit already if I hadn't found a good crew to play with. As a loner this game gets really stale after about rank 50. For me, at least.

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Just bought a load of manure!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

andy%252520defresne%252520record%252520s

Also:

You people need to get more creative with how you play the game.

Couldn't agree more!

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

I was having this same issue last night.. I was lucky to find 6 people in one lobby.  This morning I've changed sessions 5 or 6 times and the most I've seen is 3 people/

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

All I've been playing is Ghosts since it came out, the story sucks even MW3 had a better storyline, the multiplayer sucks too but the Extinction mode is actually pretty fun. I hop back on GTA V every now and then to race or mess around on the free roam. Then I remember the c*nts on races and turn it off. I really don't want to get bored of this game but now I have a full garage and apartment it feels like there's nothing else to do. Not glitched either just a lot of cheap cars with about two supers and a bike.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

With the issues over people not being able to log in at weekends or being kicked due to capacity the last month, R* upgraded the capacty massively to cope with demand.

Now with up to 50% of the playerbase playing BF/COD.

This is the answer.

R* blew their chance.

It might be true, but it's not the answer. It doesn't actually have anything to do with this topic.

The topic question can be reworded as "How come the free roam matchmaking system is only putting 4 players into a session before making a new empty lobby to put people in?"

The answer is "patch 1.05".

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yup, patch 1.05 is making 5 player matches instead of 16 AND is giving players more issues with connecting to the servers. Deadly combination I guess

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

With the issues over people not being able to log in at weekends or being kicked due to capacity the last month, R* upgraded the capacty massively to cope with demand.

Now with up to 50% of the playerbase playing BF/COD.

This is the answer.

R* blew their chance.

It might be true, but it's not the answer. It doesn't actually have anything to do with this topic.

The topic question can be reworded as "How come the free roam matchmaking system is only putting 4 players into a session before making a new empty lobby to put people in?"

The answer is "patch 1.05".

yes and yes

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

I've noticed a lot of players have swapped to free aim, all the lobbies I have been in recently have been full, when I swapped back to auto aim there was hardly anyone in the lobby.

Ahh possibly. Stuck on Autobot mode. Found out today it needs to be changed in SP? Tonight I'll find out.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm still playing, but I have more fun on this forum than on the game.
How f*cked is that?

I dont its that f*cked, you tap into more social circles and can get what you want in the game faster.

Knucklehead211
  • Knucklehead211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Idk. With work and life I havent had tim to get on for probably two days. Watched some good movies on netflix at least. Honestly though, once I get my PS4 and can play Killzone: Shadow Fall I'll probably be on hiatus. Like first page said, payouts are sh*t, haven't played any great missions yet, heists are in the distant future and missions on content creator are probably not going to happen. I guess I'm not compelled to have to work at a game. Just my opinion, though.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Went online yesterday and it was a bit of a wasteland. Switched from my level 112 character to my level 22 one and it dropped me straight into a free roam with 12 people in it.

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

There is most certainty something wrong with matchmaking right now. I go from lobby to lobby with 3-5 players on each

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Patriot_Action, 09 November 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I stopped playing in earnest several weeks ago. I've hopped on a couple of times in the last week or so to play with Crew.

Several reasons. There's still unresolved (sometimes unaddressed) technical issues (both server stuff and gameplay) which is silly at this point. I don't see an end-game to keep me playing. The currently available game types are boring, either because they always were or get stale after playing them several times. I've bought everything I want (pre-stimulus), so I see no need to make money. I'm level 90.

Since people are bringing it up (not sure why), I did farm some of the glitched missions to level up. No, I didn't "ruin the game for myself." When I'm level 90 with no need for money, it doesn't matter if it took me 2 weeks or 6 months to get there. I'm bored. People need to stop using this as an excuse for why people are sick of the game.

Darkly-X
  • Darkly-X

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by Darkly-X, 09 November 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Still not bored... Have no clue how the f*ck any of you are getting bored, Maybe quit replaying the same race?

xD i kid, Anyways I was playing my Rank 55 then decided i wanted my character to look like me IRL,

So i spent 4 hours making it look like me ^_^ now i'm rank 5 xD Also found this cute apartment at the docks

way cooler then the 400k apartments >_>

Also that's what i spent my 500k on a new character to start off with decent stuff.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Still not bored... Have no clue how the f*ck any of you are getting bored

my Rank 55

K.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

As much as I love this game, I've started backing off from it so I don't burn myself out before the DLC's start releasing. Honestly it does seem like it's getting a bit boring, which is understandable as I only have one friend with a PS3 AND who has GTA V, and on top of that I've been playing for 3 weeks so I've done pretty much everything there is to do. If it weren't for the matchmaking issue that just came up then I would probably still be on, but something obviously got broken in the last patch. It's like for everything that Rockstar fixes, two more things get broken. Wonder why :\

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

You are wrong. There are not less players. Bye.

GTA 2012
  • GTA 2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

You think Rockstar is going to cut down on their DLC plans?

The MP trailer, previews and interviews gave the impression it was going to be an expanding(ish) world but now that Cash cards aren't working, various bugs, money glitching and now by the looks of it a dwindling population must have thrown a spanner in the works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users