Photo

people dumped the game or what?

51 replies to this topic
amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

I noticed since the patch 1.05 they are less and less players couple of days ago I used to join a lobby full of 16 players
now I hardly find 5 players so I'm wondering are people given up this game too early and moved to COD or its a new technical
issue from rock star servers because the game seem to be a desert now

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Quite a few people I know are bored with the game now. I'm getting there.

I was hoping for heists before my xbone gets here but I doubt it.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

First day with online and no one's around to play...too late to jump on the train i guess.

• iPsychoM likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

There are surely less people playing than at launch, that's true of any console multiplayer. It's not related to the lobbies with few players in them though. As you said, it went straight from 16 player lobbies to 3 player lobbies over the course of an hour with the 1.05 patch.

The fact you can find 100 different lobbies with 3 people each, instead of 20 different lobbies with 15 players each, just illustrates that there's something wrong with the matchmaking. Which is a shame, because the free roam matchmaking was the only matchmaking done right.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm personally glad that CoD Ghosts is now out so all of the 5 year olds that shouldn't have ever been given GTA V will finally be gone. 

• sgllocal, IveGotNoValues, JustOneMonth and 2 others like this

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

There are surely less people playing than at launch, that's true of any console multiplayer. It's not related to the lobbies with few players in them though. As you said, it went straight from 16 player lobbies to 3 player lobbies over the course of an hour with the 1.05 patch.

The fact you can find 100 different lobbies with 3 people each, instead of 20 different lobbies with 15 players each, just illustrates that there's something wrong with the matchmaking. Which is a shame, because the free roam matchmaking was the only matchmaking done right.

^^^

Agreed

Before the update i had no problems finding almost full and full lobbies in both FA and AA. Now both options have 5 or less in the lobby and that's with me trying to find a new session several times

The patch has definitely broken something

RickyD710
  • RickyD710

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Confirming this myself right now...I have swapped sessions 5 times with no more than 5 people in a lobby.

King of the North
  • King of the North

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

There's got to be something wrong because 16 players isn't a lot for a game as popular as this. Even if only 1600 players were online at any 1 time, that's still 100 lobbies with 16 players each in.

I noticed this problem last night as well - hardly ever more than 5 in any 1 game.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm still playing, but I have more fun on this forum than on the game.
How f*cked is that?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

yeah there were so many empty lobbies last night and this morning. I was confused lol

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

There's got to be something wrong because 16 players isn't a lot for a game as popular as this.

Good point. Surely there'd have to be at least 5-15k people on this game worldwide, right?

'

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

With the issues over people not being able to log in at weekends or being kicked due to capacity the last month, R* upgraded the capacty massively to cope with demand.

Now with up to 50% of the playerbase playing BF/COD we've pretty much got a server each. 

It'll be addressed soon i'm sure.  Should be their side, shouldn't need a patch.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Grand Theft Fun.
Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

JordanV
  • JordanV

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I've noticed a lot of players have swapped to free aim, all the lobbies I have been in recently have been full, when I swapped back to auto aim there was hardly anyone in the lobby.
  • SAUL_SILVER likes this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've noticed a lot of players have swapped to free aim, all the lobbies I have been in recently have been full, when I swapped back to auto aim there was hardly anyone in the lobby.

I will try that. Had the same problem yesterday, that I only found Lobbies with 4-5 Players, 1 week ago (I started with AC Black Flag) I was always in a 16ppl Lobby.

• JordanV likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

I will try that. Had the same problem yesterday, that I only found Lobbies with 4-5 Players, 1 week ago (I started with AC Black Flag) I was always in a 16ppl Lobby.

THIS is the most awesome thing that could ever have happened.
Auto aimers have "SURPRISINGLY" got bored of the game.
Are all these "empty lobby" threads from auto aimers?
Yesterday and today I've seen reasonable lobbies in free aim.
  • who-dat likes this

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ps4 moving on swiftly, gta hype train left the station

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

A lot of us *can't* get online due to "cloud server unavailable" issues with Rockstar. If you haven't seen the posts around here, it's a problem with the save/load mechanism specific to garages and characters, in which players are losing the contents of their garages (cars, bikes, etc) and their characters (profiles, apartments, money, etc). Not sure exactly what's going on, but I haven't been able to log in since early yesterday. Was hoping to jump in last night, but no luck. <sigh>

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

You've got four relatively new games all out at the same time.

Of course players will be spread out across all those games.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 09 November 2013 - 02:20 PM.

We got tons of promises that were never made / given. And I hate to say it, but GTA Online is pretty much a "GTA 4 FreeMode Advance". It's not that appealing. 

Don't get me wrong the game is great, it's entertaining at that. But after a while, what is there to do? They make it impossible to earn money, they removed replaying missions (and no I don't mean glitching money, I mean legitimately replaying missions that you liked even if it's a low payout). You can't really have fun with armored/missile vehicles, because of fear of Bad Sport.

To be honest this game doesn't deserve the rank "GTA Online". Because all it is, is GTA 5 - Multiplayer. Once they add more cities, like Liberty City and maybe Vice, then sell the game as a separate disc, then call it GTA Online. But right now it's not that.

I still play the game occasionally. But I'm just saying it as it is. It's very much recycled.

Then we have heists that never got here....And I'll bet you when it does come here, it's going to be either incredibly hard to do, or still won't pay off.

--------------

Edit: 

Also to add. They said they were going to give us content creator. But right now, all it's going to be is deathmatches and races. That is no fun at all. Imagine the opportunity we would've had if it were missions instead (which yes they said they would add, but when? "Soon"?). I mean creating missions would've greatly expanded the game. Even if it had no dialogue - or better yet if the dialogue was subtitled/through text. Imagine doing 100+ missions people created, Scarface Missions, Godfather/Don Missions, Triad Missions, Racing missions, Small jobs, more hood jobs, it would've been AMAZING. But races, and deathmatch? I know I barely play any of those modes, since we of course had them in GTA 4 (and tired of it).

• KyoukoToshinou likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

now I get this weird bug when I get online, its like the game isn't loaded at all, textures are half done, can't really use any weapons, the phone is disabled, and so is the select and pause menu. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

You people need to get more creative with how you play the game.
  • The Real SpitKing likes this

AcidSludge
  • AcidSludge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

It's just my guess, but I think a lot of the modders/glitchers/hackers/cheaters/exploiters got bored and moved on.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Bug in the patch I confirmed this by changing sessions a lot only to end up with the same few people however if I do an activity and finish it I ended up in different sessions with more people and just now I joined quite a lot of full sessions
  • rawrsnar likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I was on free aim lobbies last night and there were less than 4 in each.

PureAnis
  • PureAnis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

With the issues over people not being able to log in at weekends or being kicked due to capacity the last month, R* upgraded the capacty massively to cope with demand.

Now with up to 50% of the playerbase playing BF/COD.

This is the answer.

R* blew their chance.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

let's all do what the flock does!

bunny-sheep-herder.gif

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Bf4 is fun, but, i play 80/20 gta 5 80%.

I logged into a server last night with just me. 5 minutes later it was full.

If you dont like gta 5 simply walk away. Stop obsessing over why you hate it in the forums. What you are doing is asinine

I have had connection issues, frame rate drops and freezes. Ive also had the same issues with all my other new games. It happens. I deal with it and restart.

Instead of a copy paste project rockstar took a chance with online. In the end this will be epic.
  • KyoukoToshinou and The Real SpitKing like this

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

You people need to get more creative with how you play the game.

+1

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm personally glad that CoD Ghosts is now out so all of the 5 year olds that shouldn't have ever been given GTA V will finally be gone. 

You're hilarious! Ever consider stand-up comedy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users