Photo

character deleted accidentally

48 replies to this topic
Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by Zodape, 09 November 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Anyone can mistake the buttons, considering they are too close to each other. Someone who swtiches characters everytime will eventually hit the wrong button. Rockstar should put a confirmation screen, or make us introduce a code to delete it. It's not that hard, really. Leave the guy alone.

I have never hit the wrong button for a few times. Not enough to not being able to see the warnings.

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yesterday i accidentally deleted my character , i was at level 74 and i had never glitched. i bought an Entity and the best safehouse with alot of hard work and now i lost everything because i pressed square instead of X. 

So now im gonna glitch my way back to the top, anyone knows any good xp glitch ? i just want my level 74 back.

Sorry for creating a new topic probably on the wrong section

R.I.P.

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

haha very funny... come on guys i was distracted with something else and i pressed the wrong key, there wasn't even a confirmation screen like "Do you really want to delete you're character?".

Im not gonna do it all over again without cheating.

I've trying the glitch where u can play as you're offline character online but it doenst seem to work very well

I'm not surprised it doesnt work well for you.  You've already demonstrated your ineptitude.

Jupitus
  • Jupitus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Would be better IMO if Rockstar put the delete character option in a separate menu to avoid this as it is now there is just button push away separating "Joining GTA Online" and "Deleting Character". A few weeks back Rockstar was recommending everyone start with story mode and then access online via choose character but its a trap I tell you. Seriously I just stay the h... away from choose character now.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Deleting character gives no confirmation before executing?

Damn, Rockstar

Nop...you press square or Y or whatever and you're saying goodbye to you're character forever.

thats a load of crap lol, just tried deleting my second char, it asked confirmation. your fault.

i wasnt asked any confirmation, and i never said it wasn't my fault.

Starting over is boring

You missed the point of his rebuttal.

AFTER you pressed square instead of X, you would have needed to press square (of whatever button it would ask) AGAIN in the confirmation of deletion warning that would have followed.

That implies a conscious decision. That also implies you`re full of sh*t now, making excuses for cheating.

This.

Jupitus
  • Jupitus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

It surely does ask you confirmation (x) after delete character (square), which is one quick hit of a button a few mm away and too easy a mistake to make IMO. As far as cheating accusations go get over yourselves Rockstar told folks to access online via choose character from SP.  

kanudo
  • kanudo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

I wasn't cheating and i don't understand the hate, i hope this doesn't ever happen to you.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

I wasn't cheating and i don't understand the hate, i hope this doesn't ever happen to you.

You're going to cheat because of your own stupidity, nobody else's fault.  No reason to justify abusing glitches in a game.

kanudo
  • kanudo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

You're going to cheat because of your own stupidity, nobody else's fault.  No reason to justify abusing glitches in a game.

Im not trying to justify anything. A lot of people glitch and they don't justify so why should i ? I created this topic to prevent this from happening to someone else and to ask about some xp glitch.

So pressing the wrong key once or twice is because im stupid or retard ? Anyone can make a mistake and you don't know what distracted me to press the wrong key.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Im not trying to justify anything. A lot of people glitch and they don't justify so why should i ? I created this topic to prevent this from happening to someone else and to ask about some xp glitch.

So pressing the wrong key once or twice is because im stupid or retard ? Anyone can make a mistake and you don't know what distracted me to press the wrong key.

Yesterday i accidentally deleted my character , i was at level 74 and i had never glitched. i bought an Entity and the best safehouse with alot of hard work and now i lost everything because i pressed square instead of X. 

So now im gonna glitch my way back to the top, anyone knows any good xp glitch ? i just want my level 74 back.

You deserve to start from the beginning again legit, you even tried to say it didn't give you a confirmation when someone said themselves it does.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 November 2013 - 01:49 PM.

One thing to make a mistake.. totally another to start cheating using it as excuse.

A morality issue, ultimately. You do as much as your self respect allows you, I guess.

http://gtaforums.com...-lots-of-money/ <--- go on our knees and beg, now..

kanudo
  • kanudo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

You deserve to start from the beginning again legit, you even tried to say it didn't give you a confirmation when someone said themselves it does.

it wasn't like i "lied", if there is a confirmation screen i didn't saw it. I had the controller in one hand and was texting someone with the other. Im sorry if i'm not perfect like you, im just a mere mortal who sometimes gets distracted and commits mistakes.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

it wasn't like i "lied", if there is a confirmation screen i didn't saw it. I had the controller in one hand and was texting someone with the other. Im sorry if i'm not perfect like you, im just a mere mortal who sometimes gets distracted and commits mistakes.

haha very funny... come on guys i was distracted with something else and i pressed the wrong key, there wasn't even a confirmation screen like "Do you really want to delete you're character?".

Im not gonna do it all over again without cheating.

I've trying the glitch where u can play as you're offline character online but it doenst seem to work very well

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I suggest you might need more practice with one of these - they're great xp too.

stock-photo-childrens-plastic-shape-sort

You mean son of a bitch :D

OT: Sucks to be you, have fun with that (whichever method you choose).

Ukasskickr
  • Ukasskickr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Op was obviously doing the mod shop glitch,
I know cos I did the same thing!!

kanudo
  • kanudo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Op was obviously doing the mod shop glitch,
I know cos I did the same thing!!

no, i wasn't. but i am now though

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Maybe you can also glitch friends, don't try to find some.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

ITT: The dangers of glitching without full care and attention.

Deleting character gives no confirmation before executing?

Damn, Rockstar

Nop...you press square or Y or whatever and you're saying goodbye to you're character forever.

thats a load of crap lol, just tried deleting my second char, it asked confirmation. your fault.

I knew there HAD to be a confirmation screen, but I don't think I would've risked a character to test it.

Anyone can mistake the buttons, considering they are too close to each other. Someone who swtiches characters everytime will eventually hit the wrong button. Rockstar should put a confirmation screen, or make us introduce a code to delete it. It's not that hard, really. Leave the guy alone.

I have never hit the wrong button for a few times. Not enough to not being able to see the warnings.

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Well how many safety measures do you want?

-> Delete character

Are you sure you want to delete your character?

-> Yes

Are you really really sure?

-> Yes

Are you really really really sure?

-> Yes

But yeah putting "delete character" one button press away from "swap character" is just stupid.

BigSean715
  • BigSean715

The deaf hear me and the blind lookin'.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

This is why I don't have a second character, why have another character lol

To have a second garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users