Quantcast

» «
Photo

I think I am done /w this game until Heists DLC.

61 replies to this topic
GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

I was having fun, The missions get a bit tiresome the city is almost lifeless, Bad sport is a complete and utter joke, I am getting bored now only so much you can spend money on

Where's the Duke I want the Duke, the 69 Dodge Charger looking car

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 09 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

i think once content creator gets here making our own missions will brighten it back up!, but i agree with the friends make it better!

Maybe the content creator will help, but IMO there will be a few hidden gems amongst a pile of 'meh', like every other game with user created content. ;I Still, the potential is there.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

in a few weeks or so...

TheProviso
  • TheProviso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

The fact that the content creator is only for deathmatches and races makes its super lame.. Plus I can pretty much guarantee that it will be so dumbed down that it will be just a waste of time. If you could create actual missions then it would be a different story.
  • DeMeNs likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

OP, this means you don't have any friends. I instead enjoy free roam or play with strangers survivals or DM.

I also enjoy playing missions with strangers or friend.

Sucks to be you.

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nothing to do.

1) Once you hit level 80 or so, the fun factor of doing "new missions" is over, because they dry up and no more new missions are in the game.

2) Once you hit level 120, you get the Minigun, and now have no more incentive to level up again.

3) Killing other players and causing havoc is neutered, because of Bad Sport system if you destroy a car.

4) brb buy a Tank, can't use it, basically Instant Bad Sport if you decide to use it.

5) Same with Minigun, RPG, Sticky Bombs, Grenade Launcher.  It's mostly used to destroy vehicles.  Well, you can't do that, Bad Sport.

6) Filling up your garage legitly is easy.

7) Racing is gimped with an overpowered Slipstream system that you cannot turn off, and two maps that every single lobby is playing.  Down the Drain, and Criminal records.  I never want to see either of those maps in my life again.  Dozens of cool tracks to race on, and nobody to race it on with.  OH, and Catchup feature sucks.  Noobs have it turned on in almost every race.  No point in getting 1st place and a lead.  So.... racing in GTA V sucks.   GTA IV had better multiplayer racing.

8)  That's it. Not much to do in this game.

9) The economy is ruined, every single player has apartments, super cars, everything.  No feeling of accomplishment, etc.

10) The game is freezing a lot when I drive around town really fast.  This only started happening recently, after one of the patches.

11) Restrictions on what cars I can or can't save in garage. What the hell do you care if I want a police car in my garage?

12) No helipad to buy for helicopters, no airport hangar, etc....  should have been in the game.   What's the point of buying things, when I have to drive to an airport to pick it up, but  they already spawn for free at airports anyway.

13) Still no Zombie mode?  A big free roam GTA game is perfect for a zombie mode. There could even be "Scenario's"..... for example, one scenario is no vehicles, must go on foot from point A to point B on other side of town..... at night, with a group of survivors on your team.  And every so often, the zombies "swarm" like in Left 4 Dead, and you have to panic and go into defensive mode and fight them off until you can keep traveling again, maybe get on roofs, climb a ladder, huddle up in a circle formation in the middle of the street and shoot... etc...

Just... sucks.   Coulda done so much more with this city. 

Manic_Feer
  • Manic_Feer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

I hear ya,

I'm struggling to find fun in it anymore and was loving it up to about 2 days ago.

Rank 69. Crew is hardly on anymore.

Lobbies are emptying.. Slowed right down.

So much potential, such a big ball dropped.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like everyone just does scripted activities like DMs, races and missions. If you want to have fun you have to create it yourself just like GTA IV. Unfortunately they had to make us progress to unlock things due to people saying "GTA IV MP is boring since there is no incentive to rank up." Maybe R* will learn next time not to please people that don't play for fun.
  • DeMeNs likes this

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

That about sums it up.  But i cant play anything else.  BF4 is a total abomination.  I mean i just roll around killing people.

Once everyone ranks up and dlc comes out, and hopefully they fix BS, the game will have more replayability.

All those things are minor administrative errors that hopefully they will fix.  The game still has the potential to be corrected and be an awesome game.

Especially if it moves to ps4 of goes to 32 or 64 player lobbies.

Zappas
  • Zappas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by Zappas, 09 November 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I seriously would love to see a server where ingame cops are replaced by player cops. It would make crime/crimefighting so much more fun, instead of getting swarmed by 50 cops as soon as you fire a round into someone. The cops in this game frustrate me beyond belief... It's like it's telling you "STOP HAVING FUN! NOW!" You can't have a simple deathmatch with some people on the street without cops swarming 3 blocks, and making fights impossible.

I'm also getting extremely fed up with Sticky bomb users.. Yesterday i was fighting a duo that was just camping outside one of the Ammunation stores, doing absolutely nothing but just tossing stickies everywhere and blowing everything up. I like having a 1 on 1 duel with Assault rifles, but these guys apparently have no clue how to aim a gun, and can only throw bombs in your direction.

One thing i am liking more and more, is that most of the anti social shoot first insult later, kiddies have gone over to CoD, and i can finally drive up to people without getting riddled by a hail of uzi bullets. Ofcourse there's still some of them, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was a few weeks ago. Sadly though now that 1.05 is out, all free-aim servers only have about 4/5 people in them... No idea what the hell they did, because the day before i was still getting full 16 player servers everytime i joined a session.

Also.. Buff the damn Dump a bit. It costs 1 Mil, but its absolutely useless. The tires get punctured in a freaking second, and if a single car explodes under it, it's gone... What's the damn point of having it, if it can handle less than a paper airplane. It needs a bit of a speed buff, bulletproof tires, and remove the freaking ladders at the front so we can atleast run over cars without getting ourselves stuck.

That about sums it up.  But i cant play anything else.  BF4 is a total abomination.  I mean i just roll around killing people.

Once everyone ranks up and dlc comes out, and hopefully they fix BS, the game will have more replayability.

All those things are minor administrative errors that hopefully they will fix.  The game still has the potential to be corrected and be an awesome game.

Especially if it moves to ps4 of goes to 32 or 64 player lobbies.

Doubt it. Once everyone levels up to 100+ we're gonna have nothing but RPG's flying in every direction, miniguns raping a car within 2 seconds, and grenade launcher shells flying around everywhere. Stickies are already horrible online. Imagine when these skill-less bomb nuts get their hands on the projectile explosives... It's gonna end up migrating almost everyone to bad sport servers permanently

adamnightmare
  • adamnightmare

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

bye then if there is one thing that we can all agree on is that he will be sorely missed

Metal Slime
  • Metal Slime

A Metal Slime draws near! Command?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Would agree if I was ungrateful and a whiner.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

The most fun I have is in free roam. I only just got a super car with the stimulus cash, so racing is somewhat fun now. I only do the missions and races so that I have money for stuff to do in free roam. That's the only thing keeping me coming back. The idea that you can do just about whatever you want in free mode is the most appealing thing for me. If I wanna snipe people from buildings and hold out with a bounty somewhere I have tons of fun. Doing missions vs ai that is either too accurate or easy as hell isn't fun for me. I enjoy just trolling people in free roam. Player v player ftw. Bad sport kind of ruins free mode sometimes. Haven't gotten bad sport but I disagree with the idea of it

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

I don't blame the OP, with better games out there. It's easy to see why he would jump to Call of Duty or Battlefield. 

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

agreed with everything except the zombie bullsh*t

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 11 November 2013 - 03:08 AM.

The fact that the content creator is only for deathmatches and races makes its super lame.. Plus I can pretty much guarantee that it will be so dumbed down that it will be just a waste of time. If you could create actual missions then it would be a different story.

You will be able to do Missions with it later on, but at release-date you will only be able to do DMs and Races.

Speaking about the creation aspect of GTA Online, The Benz also revealed that Rockstar is starting only with deathmatches and races to keep the complexity down.

The Benz claims that Rockstar wants the learning process to be gradual, to better introduce the creation tools and enable more complex things - perhaps like your own missions - later on down the line.

The creation software will also allow you to change the difficulty of a mission - even mid-way through a mission - as well as elements such as weather or time of day.

A Clan Wars style system may also be coming to GTA Online, but not on launch. The Benz was cagey on the idea, and suggested that we would learn more about such a feature next year.

Race creation is pretty simple, says The Benz, allowing the player to "select the vehicle type, the race type — Normal race, GTA Race, or a new mode that is great fun called Rally.

You choose the weather, the radio station, whether police can interfere, and then whether you want ambient cars. After that, you place the checkpoints, test the race, and publish it".

Deathmatch games offer more options for creators, allowing players to "set the type, default kills, as well as the time. You then place the spawn points, weapons, and any extra props and vehicles you'll want on the map".

In addition to user created content, Rockstar promises it will continue to release missions developed in-house.

"There will be a continuous flow of content and we'll be creating new missions faster than people can play them," says The Benz.

The ultimate goal, however, is to see the gamers creating content "as complex as the ones found in our single-player games".

"We want to give the player the power to make anything their brains can come up with," says The Benz. "At some point in the future, we'd like people to be able to make their stories with all the tools we have available to make ours."

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

The funny thing about GTA:O is there is much more to come. More DLCs, Updates (probably one that removes Bad Sport), Weapons, Cars, Missions, Heists, ConCreator, Clothes, and other things. Just be patient and enjoy GTA:O for now. Even before GTA:O came out, I personally knew there were going to be problems however I knew that it had a lot of potential and could possibly set the standard for future GTAs

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

I'm having a blast

Ditto

AiwaBlue11
  • AiwaBlue11

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

I agree with OP, everything said is legit.

Gimpy1
  • Gimpy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

Cod ghosts
Bf4
Batman
Assassins creed

All garbage.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Nothing to do.

1) Once you hit level 80 or so, the fun factor of doing "new missions" is over, because they dry up and no more new missions are in the game.

2) Once you hit level 120, you get the Minigun, and now have no more incentive to level up again.

3) Killing other players and causing havoc is neutered, because of Bad Sport system if you destroy a car.

4) brb buy a Tank, can't use it, basically Instant Bad Sport if you decide to use it.

5) Same with Minigun, RPG, Sticky Bombs, Grenade Launcher.  It's mostly used to destroy vehicles.  Well, you can't do that, Bad Sport.

7) Racing is gimped with an overpowered Slipstream system that you cannot turn off, and two maps that every single lobby is playing.  Down the Drain, and Criminal records.  I never want to see either of those maps in my life again.  Dozens of cool tracks to race on, and nobody to race it on with.  OH, and Catchup feature sucks.  Noobs have it turned on in almost every race.  No point in getting 1st place and a lead.  So.... racing in GTA V sucks.   GTA IV had better multiplayer racing.

9) The economy is ruined, every single player has apartments, super cars, everything.  No feeling of accomplishment, etc.

10) The game is freezing a lot when I drive around town really fast.  This only started happening recently, after one of the patches.

11) Restrictions on what cars I can or can't save in garage. What the hell do you care if I want a police car in my garage?

12) No helipad to buy for helicopters, no airport hangar, etc....  should have been in the game.   What's the point of buying things, when I have to drive to an airport to pick it up, but  they already spawn for free at airports anyway.

13) Still no Zombie mode?  A big free roam GTA game is perfect for a zombie mode. There could even be "Scenario's"..... for example, one scenario is no vehicles, must go on foot from point A to point B on other side of town..... at night, with a group of survivors on your team.  And every so often, the zombies "swarm" like in Left 4 Dead, and you have to panic and go into defensive mode and fight them off until you can keep traveling again, maybe get on roofs, climb a ladder, huddle up in a circle formation in the middle of the street and shoot... etc...

1io5kz.jpg

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

I hope they take longer to make DLC so that the people who really care about this game are still here and the ones who aren't can just leave.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

Nothing to do.

1) the fun factor of doing "new missions" is over

2)no more incentive to level up again

3) causing havoc is neutered, because of Bad Sport system

7) Racing is gimped

Chopped post down to stuff I definitely agree with. A lot of questionable design decisions. I'm level 90 and I own everything I could want. Game modes are crap, either because they get old fast or have always been terrible. Not really complaining, people's expectations were too high for this game (and the people still clinging to hope are delusional), but it just got very "eh" very quickly.

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

I am having a blast also. You people are the most ungrateful whiny bitches ive come across.

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Heists will be the same as in Singleplayer. There will be like 6 Heists... wow...

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

i think once content creator gets here making our own missions will brighten it back up!, but i agree with the friends make it better!

Making own missions:

Drive to another place
Kill another NPC

JUX
  • JUX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:13 AM Edited by JUX, 11 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

I can't say I won't play this game ever again but it's so boring. I have fun playing with my crew but different time zones affect the time we all get to play together. And just to add a bit more to the OP.

1. Not enough players in each lobby. 16? On this huge map? 32 sounds great and there would always be something going on.

2. No animals, this isn't a big deal but I'm bummed they got rid of the animals.

3. R* f*cked up everything and they're gonna have to work hard to make a huge come back and get all their fans that stopped playing, to start to play again.

Heists and a zombie DLC and my crew are the only reasons I'll come back to this game, other than that, it's boring. Agree With you OP

You act like this is Rockstars fault. You think they can just put 32 players on these piece of sh*t Consoles? You think they have a bunch of zombies running around on these piece of sh*t consoles? Rockstar should have just put this game on Next Gen Consoles and PC. It would have been much better. Next Gen GTAO would have had a bigger map with more cities, More Interiors, Animals, More Players, Better Missions and just more things to do in general. 

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Bye bye then, you will only leave again when you have done the heists 1-2 times then come back on here moaning your bored of it , kids.....not happy with anything

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

At first I'd like to say, this game is NOT about having 10 Adders with a chrome paintjob in your garage. This game is not about having 100.000.000 $ in your bank account.

I know most of the time it's very annoying to play with all these idiots who think driving around a prison in supercars for 2 minutes is funny. It's not.

But you know what? Either you make the best out of it (roleplaying, exploring, giving a sh*t about idiots) or leave.

But before you leave, may I tell you a secret? This game is out a month+ now. We will get a content update soon. After 1 month. And you are bored? My god why the hell are you playing everyday for 20+ hrs when you get bored doing it?

People unfortunately forget under all this layers of idiots, RP, money and chrome cars the core principle of Grand Theft Auto: Enjoying.

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Based on the rest of GTA online, it's a safe bet that heists won't be much of anything either.

But if they add a casino DLC which looks inevitable after seeing that casino/horse track and how fully detailed it is then they might have something. 

I play with friends, but we can't troll like in GTA IV because you just become a bad sport. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users