Photo

BMX: The Bounty's Best Friend

20 replies to this topic
GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

The BMX has quickly become my favorite means of transportation around Los Santos, especially when I have a bounty on my head.

I managed to cleverly evade about 6 bounty hunters for almost half an hour today on my bike. They'd come at me in a car, I'd hop a rail, duck down a tight alleyway, and be completely home free. They'd come at me with Buzzards, I'd duck into a parking garage, climb a couple floors, and jump out on the other side with a sick 360, leaving them scratching their heads. They'd come at me with motorcycles, following me through tight corners and alleys, but again, a simple jump over a guard rail and the chase was over.

About the only time I had any trouble was when the Buzzard crashed, and the respawning pilot appeared very near me on the street. He began shooting at me, and managed to score a few hits, but once I was around a corner, I was away.

All in all, I had a blast evading money-and blood-hungry bounty hunters on my bicycle. I highly recommend it, not just for it's sick tricks, but for its evasion ability.

• lxr and Masochron like this

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yea but dont they have a clear shot at you now since you're on a bike?

representa
  • representa

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

being chased on a BMX is pretty awesome, especially hearing the car engines roaring & tires screeching as they try to get you. 

I escaped from a guy on a movie set once, I ended up killing him. It was so amazing I made a thread about it.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

i was so happy when i avoided a squish just by doing a little bunny hop lol

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yea but dont they have a clear shot at you now since you're on a bike?

Yes, like I said earlier, some people on foot usually get in a few pings, but I'm also usually out of sight very quickly with a single hop, so it balances out. Plus, who hunts bounties on foot? The only reason that one guy got lucky on me is because he spawned on the street after crashing his buzzard.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

I leave the guys on bmx alone. This is coming from a guy who gets boners when I kill someone shopping. So yes OP I believe you

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Must have been some terrible shot to not have been able to take out a guy on a BMX, but I tend to leave people alone until they try and come after me so I've never had the pleasure of actually pursuing a bicyclist.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

Must have been some terrible shot to not have been able to take out a guy on a BMX, but I tend to leave people alone until they try and come after me so I've never had the pleasure of actually pursuing a bicyclist.

Oh, he was a decent enough shot, but I pretty much dipped around a corner before he could finish me. Had I been on foot as well, I would have been swiss cheese, more than likely.

It's actually hard to score a headshot on a biker, now that I think about it. At least, from behind, that is. As you pedal (and lean forward), your character ducks over the handlebars, making it difficult for anyone behind you to get a head shot. :)

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Oh, he was a decent enough shot, but I pretty much dipped around a corner before he could finish me. Had I been on foot as well, I would have been swiss cheese, more than likely.

It's actually hard to score a headshot on a biker, now that I think about it. At least, from behind, that is. As you pedal (and lean forward), your character ducks over the handlebars, making it difficult for anyone behind you to get a head shot. :)

Well I was imagining I'd just snipe the rider or hop on a motorcycle and he wouldn't stand a chance. I suppose in a car it would be way more difficult.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

Well I was imagining I'd just snipe the rider or hop on a motorcycle and he wouldn't stand a chance. I suppose in a car it would be way more difficult.

The sniping thing is probably your best bet. Although with all the bunny hopping and spinning I do, I've not been sniped on my bike yet.

And motorcycles only offer slightly more pursuit challenge than a car. Sure, they can get into tight spaces, but without the bunny hop, they're still limited by railings and such. Plus, when they do go screaming by me at mach 5, a simple turn and hop over the nearest waist-high wall pretty much negates their speed.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:20 AM Edited by FearTheLiving, 09 November 2013 - 07:21 AM.

The sniping thing is probably your best bet. Although with all the bunny hopping and spinning I do, I've not been sniped on my bike yet.

And motorcycles only offer slightly more pursuit challenge than a car. Sure, they can get into tight spaces, but without the bunny hop, they're still limited by railings and such. Plus, when they do go screaming by me at mach 5, a simple turn and hop over the nearest waist-high wall pretty much negates their speed.

They're doing it wrong then  :lol: however I wish you luck in all your BMX escapes and if you're on PSN should invite me when such is going down. I'd love to watch it all in my apartment as it sounds fairly entertaining.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

snipped

They're doing it wrong then  :lol: however I wish you luck in all your BMX escapes and if you're on PSN should invite me when such is going down. I'd love to watch it all in my apartment as it sounds fairly entertaining.

There was one guy who brought a sanchez out and he probably had the most luck following me. Oddly, he never fired a single shot though. I guess he just wanted to watch too! :)

(Sadly, I'm on Xbox or I'd invite you to watch. Heck, I'd love to watch myself! I kind of do, I often play in cinematic mode, just for the cool camera angles. And on a bike, it's not as difficult, since you're never going too fast.)

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

im on Xbox but often just follow bounties without shooting just to watch the mayhem...bmx's and Sanchez's are pretty good ways of avoiding getting caught, the Sanchez particularly in the wilderness when people try to follow you cross country in their sports car...

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

[/quote]
(Sadly, I'm on Xbox or I'd invite you to watch. Heck, I'd love to watch myself! I kind of do, I often play in cinematic mode, just for the cool camera angles. And on a bike, it's not as difficult, since you're never going too fast.)[/quote]

What's you're gamer tag? I'd love to hang out with you, since most of my friends don't want to ride the bmx because their stamina is really low (that means their lazy)

Minrath
  • Minrath

Mullet Squad Master

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I used to ride bikes a lot, not so much anymore, but it was fun having my friend throw a 9k bounty on me and hearing people curse as I hop over their cars while they try to run me over.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

same as my forum name lol.. I think my a button is now slightly damaged from bike riding lol, usually do a lap of los Santos every day on a racing bike ;-)

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by IOMDutch, 09 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Cool too that bikes don't take garage space just can't ride them back in. They spawn back on the rack when you leave with another vehicle.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Cruising vespuci beach on a bmx is a lot of fun. They should have allowed grinds and mid air tricks for a little rep. I'm looking forward to the race creator so I can put together some sweet bicycle tracks, there's some places you can rooftop to rooftop and if they let you install ramps it will be perfect.

Brachwah
  • Brachwah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Too bad this only works in free aim. I've killed people easily with auto aim on bikes. I f*cking hate aim bot.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Try using those mechanics on a motorcycle. same principle. more power.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

BMX is suprisingly good at escaping (bounty)hunters
wouldn't say it's the best or anything as a fast car seems to be more well rounded
but if you're in a pretty dense urban area it gets the job done
plus it's great fun to hop railings while every1 scrambles around the map trying to get you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users