Photo

Helicopter weak points

12 replies to this topic
soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Now I'm already aware of shooting the pilots out of choppers, but I was wondering are their ways to say shoot the rotors to do serious damage, do the choppers have fuel tanks?

Dilin Dafonte
  • Dilin Dafonte

Los Santos Police Department Officer

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

The Anti Torque Rotor, or the tail rotor is a SERIOUS weakpoint 1 Heavy sniper or just some quick bursts from your Assault Rifle and it INSTANTLY crashes, It makes NO SENSE as to why it would lose altitude when the Tail Rotor is taken out and not the main rotor. But ya know what the f*ck ever #Logics

tl;dr aim for the tail rotor

• Odesza likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

The Anti Torque Rotor, or the tail rotor is a SERIOUS weakpoint 1 Heavy sniper or just some quick bursts from your Assault Rifle and it INSTANTLY crashes, It makes NO SENSE as to why it would lose altitude when the Tail Rotor is taken out and not the main rotor. But ya know what the f*ck ever #Logics

Good to know.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

i always do it, harder to do with buzzards but its so awesome hearing the sound that plays, and watching the foolish griefer fall to the ground

Dilin Dafonte
  • Dilin Dafonte

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Good to know.

No problem burv. I always try to halp. ;)

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

It makes perfect sense.  that behaviour is a real thing.

• gtarelatedusername2 likes this

Dilin Dafonte
  • Dilin Dafonte

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

It makes perfect sense.  that behaviour is a real thing.

Ahh my mistake, I don't often look up crash footage, I'm more used to spinning, getting to a high altitude, finding a crash site, flying forward to gain momentum to stop it from spinning and land that bird like a plane with a mean habit for spinning.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Very helpful, thank you!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

From using my magical powers on common logic, I'm gonna guess that the tail controls pitch as well as yaw.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think this makes sense
the anti torque rotor prevents the chopper from being spun by the main rotor
if it fails the chopper starts spinning with the rotation of the main rotor essentially making it rotate slower and decreasing lift

just a thought

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

^^ Exactly^^

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think this makes sense
if it fails the chopper starts spinning with the rotation of the main rotor essentially making it rotate slower and decreasing lift

just a thought

Yeah pretty much that I'd think.  If the tail rotor suddenly stops, there's nothing actively pushing against the spin of the rotors.  So, as well as spinning out of control, the helicopter will lose lift like in the video.  It's still not going to be as bad as if the main rotor instantly stopped spinning somehow.  Although if the engine dies you'll at least have whatever momentum is left in the rotors to see you down to earth.  Safely or otherwise!

Dilin Dafonte
  • Dilin Dafonte

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think this makes sense

just a thought

Yeah pretty much that I'd think.  If the tail rotor suddenly stops, there's nothing actively pushing against the spin of the rotors.  So, as well as spinning out of control, the helicopter will lose lift like in the video.  It's still not going to be as bad as if the main rotor instantly stopped spinning somehow.  Although if the engine dies you'll at least have whatever momentum is left in the rotors to see you down to earth.  Safely or otherwise!

Yea I've had the Main Engine go out in GTAO and I landed it like I do when the Tail Rotor goes out in other games, I slid that f*cker a good 100ms into two trees worst damage endured was the glass broke in the nose of my Police Maverick. The chopper was fully loaded and my friends were saying their goodbyes thinking I'm a sh*t pilot as they seem to think I'm sh*t at flying even when I save their lives... They didn't even acknowledge we had landed safely and took no damage, dicks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users