Photo

GTA VI Locations & Concepts

12 replies to this topic
waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Probably going to get a lot of crap for bringing this up but it's just too hard to stay away from the GTA hype all of the sudden.  

Since GTA 5 has come and gone it's never too early to start pondering as to where GTA will take us next.

Even though V still has a lot to offer with new DLC trying to decipher where VI will take us is sure to spark some intrigue.

According to reports most of us has seen GTA exec's have mentioned that they would like to allow us to travel between cities in future GTA's.

This could mean that it will include current cities like Liberty, Vice, LS, etc,,,or new cities like Carcer, etc.

The new scenario will be divided in 2 categories.. 

LOCATION &

ERA

To cut to the point, one fairly probable option and definitely my favorite is a hybrid.

The #1 choice I have in mind would be....

GTA VI:  Las Venturas & San Fierro + Surrounding countryside set in the 1970's.

You have to admit that games like VC set in the past spark a sense of nostalgia and excitement for those that did not experience those eras.  It arguably gets boring after a while having a game set in the same time as we are with smartphones, cut and paste car designs, etc.

I think that taking 2 of the better locations from GTA V and morphing them into 1 awesome hybrid would make for an awesome game

Just imagine a return to SF, LV, Bone County, Angel Pine, etc. All back in the 70's.

sleekycnt277
  • sleekycnt277

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'd also like to see Las Venturas again. Wherever it is though I just hope it's not set in modern day. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Imagine Las Venturas with the entire state of Nevada (it would probably be called something else). Area 51 should be there too!

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

I want to see something new.  Dallas, Detroit, Fargo...

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

probably chicago. 

i mean.. they did la twice now... new york and florida. 

all they have left is the midwest and the south .

maybe new mexico? 

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

A M E R I C A
W I T H "1 0" S T A T E S
as i've said a lot about it, these days
  • theGTAking101 likes this

mike-commander
  • mike-commander

LSSM- Commissioner

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'd like to see Las Venturas as well but I think it's highly likely that they will return to Vice City as it is the only city they haven't reimagined in the HD universe.

GTA Online is what will have the numerous cities, I assume

resbas
  • resbas

SA-MP Scripter

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

North Yankton.

• theGTAking101 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 10 November 2013 - 01:06 AM.

I think a Southern town, like Atlanta (and northern Georgia as countryside), or maybe New Orleans (and the rest of the bayou) would make a nice setting for GTA. They've got crime, gangs, bad areas, great areas, interesting countryside, hicks, and big metropolitan sections.

Maybe have a story where an average Joe Poor has to turn to crime (grudgingly) to pay for his family's rent, and if they're doing multiple protagonists have a guy who glorifies the gangster life as a foil. By the end of the game both of them have a better appreciation for the opposite lifestyle, and they truly understand each other. :3

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

GTA IV = Liberty City

GTA V = Los Santos

GTA VI = Vice City

Phnx.
  • Phnx.

Big Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I want to see remastered present-day Vice City or parody of Chicago. This should be in this same universe like IV/EFLC/CW/V.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

I think it should be simply San Fierro, Oakland and Northern California in the 70's.

Protagonists
- A 31-ish retired, African American, boxer turned pimp, who is expanding his operation towards dealing cocaine. His missions and characters would be reministent of 70's blaxploitation films.
- A younger Wie Cheng, fresh off the boat in SF, living with his uncle, aunt and sister and working in their restaurant.. He tries to avoid crime, however is pulled further into it by the gangs from Chinatown.
- An ex-vietnam veteran, currently a biker. He suffers from PTSD, and will occaisionally click and go on killing sprees. Not as unstable as Trevor, but just as dangerous. OR A silent man (not as silent as Claude), who drives and races cars for a living, yet is also willing to work as a driver for criminal operations if the pay is right. Reminisent of the main characters from 70's driving films like Vanishing Point.

Neme303
  • Neme303

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

if Grand Theft Auto VI were to have a single city it would have to be Vice City. Las Venturas and San Fierro would be great as well, but i feel they would be too similar to Los Santos. (City with wooldand area and desert). Vice City is based off of Miami, FL, therefore  it could have a gulf coast area, thick as all hell swamps, plus the city itself.

Now We know that R* would like to have multiple cities. the question is, how would the mechanic work?

would it just wilderness/ small towns like SA? or would be a transfer system like your garage follows you around?

I would hope for the former because R* has proven time and time again they know how to make a beautiful countryside.

if we go with the former and add multiple cites, which ones do we use?

I would vote for  Vice City, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. these 3 cities are the only ones that haven't been used in the HD universe.

As for story, how do we build it around the world we create?

well I would think we start out with a protagonist a con person (maybe a lady?) making a living scamming and stealing in Las Venturas. maybe they come upon a rare commodity (perhaps the cursed diamonds from GTAIV?) what should've been a standard job goes south, the protagonist is wronged and/or stolen from. and they embark on a "cross country chase to get back the one who wronged them (sort of like Foxy Brown). this protagonist chases the wrong doer to San Fierro. Here we meet Protagonist No. 2 (If R* wants to keep the multi-protagonist mechic)  And older  man  (i'm picturing Steve McQeen/Clint Eastwood type) who works as a wheel-man, a smuggler if you will. He spends his time getting rare illegal, stuff in and out of the city. Protagonist 1 meets Protagonist 2 a number of times but they don't really like each other. if at all. only when the cops get involved do they actually agree to work together. 

-this opens up the opportunity for Heists (because i think we can agree those where some of the best missions in GTAV)

during one heist, the antagonist shows up causing the whole thing to go down the crapper.

the Wheel man manages to get them both to a safe house back In Venturas. one there they do some searching around to find out where Antagonist  has gone. 

-bare in mind there would tons of side-missions between all this,

Switch to Protagonist 3. in Vice City a low-ranking mafia  errand-boy who finally gets prove himself on a job. unfortunately this job is being set up. by the Antogonist and it goes wrong. The boy's the only surviovor,  the entire Mafia gets sent after him forcing him to flee to Las Venturas where he meets Protag. 1 and Protag. 2. The Unlikely trio now know where this big bad is and opt to go after him, upon arriving in Vice City they have to power through lesser mafia families, crooked cops, and the like before finally having a showdown with the antagonist either atop a skyscraper or a massive Mansion (though i fear the latter would be too similar to VC)

That's  the gist of things. of course there would be plenty of side-quests and minor missions here and there.

I for one think they should keep the setting in modern times  but i think there's definitely room for a 70's themed story DLC like TaD or TBoGT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users