The Money Bubble

36 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

At 12.5M spent I have everything I want including a tank (meh), Buzzard, and fully modded 10 car garage.

Anyone else finding themselves with nothing to spend money on besides ammo?

I really hope the dlc has a lot of nice stuff to buy.
  • ii pr0gr4d3 ii likes this

ii pr0gr4d3 ii
  • ii pr0gr4d3 ii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

I was literally just going to post about this. I have everything I have wanted. I have gotten rid of countless cars that I couldn't even sell...the coil, bullet, feltzer and the comet. ( ended up buying the comet back) and almost every clothing item. I'm thinking about buying a boat maybe? Idk. If you have any good ideas of what to spend money on thats fun let me know..
  • WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

I do have a suntrap and jetski because they were cheap but haven't actually called pegasus for them. Not much to do in the water. If I had room in my garage I'd buy a bus. Kind of funny to plow through other cars.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

I do have a suntrap and jetski because they were cheap but haven't actually called pegasus for them. Not much to do in the water. If I had room in my garage I'd buy a bus. Kind of funny to plow through other cars.

You can buy a bus?!

ii pr0gr4d3 ii
  • ii pr0gr4d3 ii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by ii pr0gr4d3 ii, 09 November 2013 - 07:30 AM.

I do have a suntrap and jetski because they were cheap but haven't actually called pegasus for them. Not much to do in the water. If I had room in my garage I'd buy a bus. Kind of funny to plow through other
cars.

Yeah same but I just have like two boats idk what to do haha

Danburnout
  • Danburnout

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

You don't need a room for a bus, it is delivered via Pegasus.
  • WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

You don't need a room for a bus, it is delivered via Pegasus.

Awesome. Thanks Danburnout. Looks like I'm getting a bus!

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

You can buy a bus?!

Yep, it's on the warstock cache and carry webpage.

ii pr0gr4d3 ii
  • ii pr0gr4d3 ii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Looking for some good players on Xbox 360 to do missions, death matches anything really. Add me ii pr0gr4d3 ii

sh0tyme
  • sh0tyme

PSN: Sh0-tyme_g-o-a-t

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Waste all your money on my hoes down at the unicorn.
  • TheRealAndrewSC likes this

lolmattjk
  • lolmattjk

Machiavillian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

I think the right question is how do you have 12 million dollars already?
Exploits most likely.

GTAO has been out for like a month and a half. Either stop cheating, or get a life outside this game because you play it way too much. It's not rockstars fault you blew through what was meant to take time.
  • Grimase likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

I think the right question is how do you have 12 million dollars already?
Exploits most likely.

GTAO has been out for like a month and a half. Either stop cheating, or get a life outside this game because you play it way too much. It's not rockstars fault you blew through what was meant to take time.

I never said anything was anyone's fault. I'm just eager to buy new stuff.

You seem like the glass half empty type.

Kifflom!

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by TXF, 11 November 2013 - 01:54 AM.

I gotta ask, how do you even get that much money?

If you used any kind of glitches or whatever, then it's your own fault if you're out of stuff to do. Same goes for buying money in the store.

Honestly, I've only had the game about 10 days now.. But I notice money is really hard to get. At least for me. Especially when you have to constantly buy ammo, pay for hospital bills, and car insurance if your car gets blown up. I finally just got enough for the cheapest 2 car garage I could find, just so I could store an extra car and use the mechanic. I don't understand how, within a little over a month, people have enough money to buy the best everything, unless they're using glitches or paying..in which case, as I said, it's your own fault for running out of things to do.

From what I can tell, the game is meant to go slow. You're not meant to quickly get everything. You're meant to start with nothing, and VERY SLOWLY work your way up. And if you're playing properly, that should be how it goes. But if you're using glitches or buying money to get everything early, of course you're not gonna have anything to do. The whole online is about building up your money.

Imagine playing a simple game like mario, and using a glitch to get to the last level. Yeah, you'd finish quickly, then get bored.

• pro_laps, Tokin, PSgtaplayer1 and 2 others like this

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Dub Nation

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

I gotta ask, how do you even get that much money?

If you used any kind of glitches or whatever, then it's your own fault if you're out of stuff to do. Same goes for buying money in the store.

Honestly, I've only had the game about 10 days now.. But I notice money is really hard to get. At least for me. Especially when you have to constantly buy ammo, pay for hospital bills, and car insurance if your car gets blown up. I finally just got enough for the cheapest 2 car garage I could find, just so I could store an extra car and use the mechanic. I don't understand how, within a little over a month, people have enough money to buy the best everything, unless they're using glitches or paying..in which case, as I said, it's your own fault for running out of things to do.

From what I can tell, the game is meant to go slow. You're not meant to quickly get everything. You're meant to start with nothing, and VERY SLOWLY work your way up. And if you're playing properly, that should be how it goes. But if you're using glitches or buying money to get everything early, of course you're not gonna have anything to do. The whole online is about building up your money.

Imagine playing a simple game like mario, and using a glitch to get to the last level. Yeah, you'd finish quickly, then get bored.

This is the best answer you could possibly get for a topic like this. You'd obviously get bored because you did glitches that gave you insane amounts of money. The game is really meant to be played slowly and glitches just ruin the whole experience (like your case of running out of things to do.) I've had the game for about a month, I'm level 80 and I barely have any nice cars to show off or anything, just cars that I use for racing.

If you something better to do, start a new character in a new account so you don't have the large amount of money from your bank (characters share bank money in 1 account) and actually play the game the way it should be played - A GLITCH-FREE, LEGIT GTA Online experience.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

Maybe you should not have glitched then if you can't handle it?

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

You can buy a bus?!

yea under warstock cache and carry near the bottom.

chess zebra
  • chess zebra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I have not run out of things to spend money on.  For example, tattoos cost a fortune and I still have some cars that aren't max modified, and I have not bought a boat or an entity yet. 

Not here to insult - but along the lines of previous questions - did you acquire money through a glitch, such as selling the same car over and over or something.  I make few G selling cars to LS customs and Simeon, then struggle to score some good places in the races  for 3-4 G if I get a second place, and once in a while I ride the coat-tails of better shooters than myself to get some money in survival (but 10 rounds of survival is pretty time consuming) .  In general, I find it is hard work to put together enough money for my legendary car purchases.  So far I have plenty of things on my wish list still including top supercar, plane, boat, tattoos, etc.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Blame rockstar. Im not going against all these f*ckers with tanks buzzards armoured adders ridiculous guns n ammo and ability to pay for all services at any time without being able to do so too. And glitched money takes time to rack up and while u do it you cant get RP. Glitched money is earned money and rockstar would have to restart every single players account back to zero, patch the fix, and then itd be fair. But they'll never do that. Stop blaming glitchers and blame rockstar besides they knew about the glitch and they purposly did not patch it so i guess they want it to be there which means deal with it thats how they want the game to be apparently. Dont get my wrong at almost 25mil spent and im only on level 42 im irritated things are goin so quick but how do i go up against all these crazy maxed out killers online? Rockstar is ultimatley responsible for gameplay not the users we dont make the game we just play it. No one even mentioned the car duplication glitch which allows you to copy any non premium car with all its upgrades to another player even if they dont have those mods unlocked yet. They can also sell it and copy it again and again. Its ridiculous. You can also glitch cop cars and fib suvs into your garage along with sheriff suvs you can even take to a mod shop.

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

He didn't necessarily glitch anything, way to make assumptions. I made 13 mil from doing Rooftop Rumble for a few hours one Sunday morning. Using a feature in the game ( the now defunct Replay option) doesn't count as a glitch or exploit just because the powers that be have since removed the feature. For all you know, he made his money early on like alot of us.
  • WBaker likes this

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Dub Nation

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Yes, it is an assumption, but how would you know if he didn't glitch? Isn't that also an assumption? Unless you stalk him or live under his bed, you wouldn't know either.

What you did is an exploit. You're merely exploiting one single mission by doing it over and over again. It wasn't supposed to always give you the same amount of money everytime you do it. That's why Rockstar made the reward half of the original.

I'm just saying that he didn't play GTA Online the way it's supposed to be played. No exploits, glitches, etc. I'm not saying that I'm super legit and you should follow me or anything. (I've never done exploits or glitches - just racing for money and RP.) It's just that he ran out of things to do because he didn't really play the way the game should be played, which is essentially his fault. There's nothing to brag about saying "I have the 400K appartment with 10 Adders." If it was done only because the person did glitches and exploits. (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.)

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Your logic is... Questionable. More so, you've missed the point. He isn't saying that what we have isn't good, only that he'd like more. I think we can all understand that feeling. Heists FTW!
  • WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by WBaker, 11 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

There are enough threads on the exploit, honestly. Like Panicbacon wrote, it is possible to make 12.5M without an exploit and money used to be easier to come by.

There are threads on legit money making with some good tips. Racing, survival, missions with nice cars to sell or have a relatively high reward still for the effort required (rooftop rumble), armored trucks sometimes spawn like crazy, or the coveted mission (seems a bit long for 12.5 imo).

I still play and enjoy the game. If my post came across as a complaint that was not intended.

I never got this "how the game was supposed to be played" thing. I guess there was a section on that in the manual I must have missed :)

Edit: To touch on at least one thing I missed. I did create a second character and it is a lot of fun. Quick tip, each character can sell a car every 48 minutes. It's worth having especially if you like selling cars (bank accounts are shared).

ROT Assassin
  • ROT Assassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

eric91611, your an idiot, you blame rockstar for everyone being "better" than you even though your probably just bad at the game, because im level 78 i earned all i possess by earning it te legit way and i go toe to toe with everyone else and thier glitched money. So no its not rockstars its yours

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Dub Nation

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

There are enough threads on the exploit, honestly. Like Panicbacon wrote, it is possible to make 12.5M without an exploit and money used to be easier to come by.
There are threads on legit money making with some good tips. Racing, survival, missions with nice cars to sell or have a relatively high reward still for the effort required (rooftop rumble), armored trucks sometimes spawn like crazy, or the coveted mission (seems a bit long for 12.5 imo).
I still play and enjoy the game. If my post came across as a complaint that was not intended.
I never got this "how the game was supposed to be played" thing. I guess there was a section on that in the manual I must have missed :)
Edit: To touch on at least one thing I missed. I did create a second character and it is a lot of fun. Quick tip, each character can sell a car every 48 minutes. It's worth having especially if you like selling cars (bank accounts are shared).

My bad, I must've understood it the wrong way. :( Sorry. I guess I went a little too far or something..? I'll just leave now.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I wasn't saying he HAD to have glitched to get the money. But if he used any kind of feature at all, that gave him a ton of money quickly, then it'd be his own fault for running out of stuff to do.

His complaint was, that he had tons of money, and has ran out of things to buy.

My point, was that the Online mode is meant to go slowly. You're not meant to get money really fast, that's why they removed the replay button, and why there's a waiting limit on selling cars, and why everything is so expensive. You're meant to slowly get a little money at a time, until you finally have enough to buy things. Playing THAT way, you'd have a while to go before you have everything, meaning you'd still have a ton to buy and do.

If however, you used a way to get money fast, then it would be your own fault, if you run out of things to do. And don't try to blame Rockstar for leaving glitches or the replay button in the game, it's your choice to use it. You could choose not to use it.

The same thing would happen in any other online game. If someone just gives you all the best things right away, you're not gonna have anything else to do. It's not the game's fault, it's yours.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wasn't saying he HAD to have glitched to get the money. But if he used any kind of feature at all, that gave him a ton of money quickly, then it'd be his own fault for running out of stuff to do.

His complaint was, that he had tons of money, and has ran out of things to buy.

My point, was that the Online mode is meant to go slowly. You're not meant to get money really fast, that's why they removed the replay button, and why there's a waiting limit on selling cars, and why everything is so expensive. You're meant to slowly get a little money at a time, until you finally have enough to buy things. Playing THAT way, you'd have a while to go before you have everything, meaning you'd still have a ton to buy and do.

If however, you used a way to get money fast, then it would be your own fault, if you run out of things to do. And don't try to blame Rockstar for leaving glitches or the replay button in the game, it's your choice to use it. You could choose not to use it.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like a complaint that I had run out of things to buy and I don't fault R* because I'm weathly in-game. I certainly haven't run out of things to do. I would have liked a lot of new dlc stuff to buy (although free is great).

I don't miss worrying about money one bit. Money lets me have fun. Making money is not fun. The missions got old real quick and so does racing the same three tracks. I'm glad I cashed in before the payout cut.

Keep in mind the replay button and the bigger payouts were R*'s original intent. I don't buy the company line that nobody was supposed to use the replay button. That's notion strikes me as ridiculous coming from a game dev company. It's still in races, you still have the same 120ish missions to repeat for money.

Making the process longer doesn't make it more fun in my book. And it certainly doesn't give you more to do. Still the same thing to do, just slower and for less reward. What does give me more to do is money and the things I can buy. And it's a lot of fun.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by TXF, 16 November 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Honestly, I don't feel that the replay button was meant to get money.. I think it was meant to replay missions for fun, the money was just a side effect.

As for making money not being fun, I guess it depends on who you are. I enjoy the idea of starting out with nothing and slowly building my way up. I tried to do that in older GTAs.. skipping missions and trying to get weapons/money from doing random things instead. Not to mention, you actually feel some sort of accomplishment when you finally get to buy something you've been wanting, after however many days of work. As I mentioned, I saved up, did a ton of missions and stuff, and finally got enough money to buy a $25,000 garage(without using glitches/replay/etc), and I felt like I actually earned it. If I just got the money with very little effort, It'd feel like it was just given to me, and I wouldn't feel like I actually did something to get it. However, the missions do get boring. The missions wouldn't be so bad if there was more variety. All the 'steal the drugs' missions are pretty much the same and stuff.

I mean, I can understand why someone would want to use glitches and stuff to get a lot of money quickly, but for me at least, I'd rather just take time to earn money. The only thing I've ever even thought about glitching to get money for, is to get just enough money to buy ammo when needed. Haven't done it yet, but I've considered it..I hate running outa ammo.

And you may not have meant it to sound like you've run out of things to buy, but I've seen plenty of other people complaining about running outa things to buy because they have too much money. What I'm saying is as much to them as it is to whoever else reads these posts.

• WBaker likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

I took an extra week in single player because my friend was held up by account issues. I started online after the rumble mission thing was over. I can tell you it is possible to have bought everthing important in this game right now without exploiting. I have done it. I have monroe and adder along with carbonizzaire and all of the other classes of rides fully modded sitting in my 10 car garage of my 300k apartment. I own a speedboat, a buzzard and stunt plane. I have all the clothes available all the tatoos i want and every weapon completely modded to the hilt. I dont want the tank because there is no use for it besides entry into bad sport so waste of money.
So please stop acting like anyone who has things is a exploiter or cheater.

I will give you a hint...it costs only 100 gta$ to run a race, there is no armor to buy, there is no ammo to buy, you achieve the goals needed to get the better mods on the best cars, you get plenty of cash and level quickly. I can make about a half mil in one 5 hour evening. So about 100k an hour.

If you want to complain about something try the complete imbalance of the rewards for playstyles. Drivers can rank and earn at great pace with a little effort. Shooters will not get anywhere doing thesame with thier missions. God forbid you like to play tennis or golf every once in a while...the longest time consuming activities in the game and they give zero incentive for it.

Personally i think adding an option in the race lobbies for "Repair vehicle" and adding a fee for using the Y button to respawn would go an awfull long way to bringing some balance and reducing some of the bumper car shennanigans.
  • eric91611 likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Honestly, I don't feel that the replay button was meant to get money.. I think it was meant to replay missions for fun, the money was just a side effect.

When I first hit an easy, high paying mission my first thought was to replay the hell out of it. 120 check out times later (wasn't yet a high enough level for anything better) I had my apartment and an Adder. I guess it's hard for me to imagine R* or it's testers didn't realize people would do that.

As for making money not being fun, I guess it depends on who you are. I enjoy the idea of starting out with nothing and slowly building my way up.

I did enjoy the missions and still play them occasionally. But after doing them hundreds of times it gets old. And it's worse for people who are trying to make money after the payout cut. It isn't just twice as many missions either. Some of the payouts were completely altered. So it's a smaller pool of breadwinning missions played twice as many times.

Hey though that's just my opinion. I'm not telling anyone how they should play.

TheRealAndrewSC
  • TheRealAndrewSC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Try collecting rare cars. I recently got the sticker car and that took me a good 2 hours or so, I'm sure if you went out to try and get every rare car you could waste quite a bit of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users