How many here prefer bikes over cars?

77 replies to this topic
W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have days where I definitely prefer my bike over my cars, but if I'm doing missions I'm always concerned with people running into me with their cars or hopping on my bike and trying to handle the getaway when they can't handle the bike in the first place.

I use the fully upgraded Bati 801, but I love the Sanchez as well.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Bah, the numerous disadvantages don't quite make it worthwhile to me to switch over.
I like knowing I have a few body panels between me and that unfriendly lad across the way.

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

No, not me.  I love the bikes and could appreciate somebody preferring bikes but  the cars win hands down for me.  

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

My favorite bikes.

0_0.jpg

Although I do have a fully modded Akuma that I love... the BMX is just the bees knees.

• RooftopSniper likes this

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

I prefer just cruising around on the BMX bike, just taking in the city.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by Bazzad, 09 November 2013 - 09:24 AM.

I have an akuma, a double t and a BMX.

I love my akuma but I'm usuing the BMX more and more.

It's exciting, just mooching around hitting some jumps, trying to grind/slide some rails knowing that at any second someone could round the corner guns blazing.

My best moment came while riding my BMX. I was minding my own business, guy in an adder flies past and fires a few shots in my direction. I peddle faster, cut through some alley ways to lose him. Suddenly he's behind me and catching fast (obviously), I'm in an alley, there's no escaping him. I hold R3 to look behind and press down R1 ready for the bunny hop. He's right on my back wheel, I release R1 and jump, he's drives under me and crashes in to a wall then I fill him and his car with shotgun rounds and ride back to my apartment.

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have a bati 801 rr or whatever it is and I love that thing. I think I use that more than my sabre turbo although now that I have my coquette I might switch it up a bit.

Same, i use the bati rr constantly ans its insanely fast.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Riding a bike made me change my regular attire... instead of a vest/bowtie combo I'm preferring the jeans/leather jacket which is kind of nice because I never see myself wearing body armor anymore. I know it's under there but it's not easy to notice during gameplay.

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

the Akuma and Double T were the first vehicles i bought. however, now that the garage is starting to fill up i'm wondering if the Double Ts' days are numbered.

can someone tell me a good reason to keep multiple bikes other than aesthetic? though they do look great beside each other. :) 

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'm not a big fan of bikes but when I do ride one and take the time to notice, its actually pretty awesome. Right now I only have a hexer in garage but I may switch it for something else. The bikes have really grown on me.

rebelsaurusrex
  • rebelsaurusrex

Lost MC patchmember

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

I love to ride the bikes, but there is ceratinly a disadvantage to them as well being so open. So when crusing with my lost brothers we ride daemons and hexers.

When its time to f*ck up some randoms day, I bring out the fully armored sandking xl(because I find its much harder to shoot into a truck thats 10 ft tall than it is a sports car thats 2 ft off the ground)

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

It's great to be on a bike when the armored cars start spawning like crazy. It's easy to get rid of those stars!

I do like driving around in my mini-tank, aka entity, in free roam though. Bikes can be so unsafe sometimes.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Bikes for skilled users who actually uses brakes vs speed racers in their hot rods crashing into every wall possible IMO

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

I like the bikes but I think they go a lot slower when you have a passenger. Anyone else notice this?

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Ya, I think it does effect the speed.. the handling for sure.  First time I went around a corner at full speed with a passenger freaked me out, "WoAH! That's not supposed to happen!"

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

My Akuma is defintely my favorite vehicle.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Im torn. I never was a bike guy till my buddy told me to nab one. I got a crotch rocket but wasnt for me... Ill hold on to it for heists or missions... i know a crotch rocket will come in handy... But I got ahold of some big roadsters like the Hexer and Bagger.... which was my favorite ride of Franklin's... and Im starting to like it...

I even went to the store and picked up a new helmet and some jeans with a leather jacket... works well.. but man.. when that cop hits you just right and you go flying... makes me wish I was in my Sultan instead of on my Bagger. 

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hysterical... and pathetic.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Just a heads up you don't actually need bike wins to unlock upgrades. Just set the race to super and that unlocks every upgrade for every car or I should say the wins count toward every upgrade.

IHerbert
  • IHerbert

We All Herbert

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

Motorbikes...

On one hand, I love weaving in and out of traffic on a freeway. But I can already do that in my perfect-weaving-speed Surge.

On the other hand, what's more protected? A sack of meat sitting on a hunk of metal with two wheels, or a sack of meat inside a four-wheeled box?

Cars are still the way to go for me.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

a passanger in real life affects bikes a ton, Having 4 ppl in a car is not a big difference.

Granted, but there are plenty of things in this game that aren't realistic. I don't think the right place to start focusing on realism was "make all motorcycles turn into a complete pile of sh*t whenever there's a passenger".

There's basically no reason to ever have a passenger, since it drops all the vehicle stats significantly, everything from speed to handling. I'd go as far as to suggest that a passenger probably affects motorcycles more in this game than it does in real life.

It seems weird to go from driving the best vehicle in the game to the worst vehicle in the game just because someone hopped on the back.

Ya, I think it does effect the speed.. the handling for sure.  First time I went around a corner at full speed with a passenger freaked me out, "WoAH! That's not supposed to happen!"

Yep, makes everything worse. I don't bother taking my motorcycle out if I'm going to need a passenger at any point, which is really a shame. It'd be cool to ride around with someone and show them how good you are on it, maybe take some sick jumps. As it is, you can barely show them you're able to control the steering, never mind do anything productive with it.

Look at the bright side, at least. You found out how severely it affects the bike's performance through its bad handling rather than its bad speed/acceleration. Try crashing into a fence at "top speed" in mid-air, now that's a pretty crappy way to find out lol.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I started off riding bikes almost exclusively at the launch. But then I realised that the death tax was unreal at launch. I switched to cars and don't lose as much money from hitting things that didn't load in time on my bike.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I started off riding bikes almost exclusively at the launch. But then I realised that the death tax was unreal at launch. I switched to cars and don't lose as much money from hitting things that didn't load in time on my bike.

Haha, one time a fence loaded while I was halfway through it, made the bike do some crazy spasming, like how the cargobob looks when someone gets it into their garage. Ended up joining a new session though because it looked like it was starting to smoke.

MrVadersfist
  • MrVadersfist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I like to look at what mission I'm going to be getting myself into. I PREFER to ride my Akuma around, but while I find them awesome in missions for getting myself from point A to point B, I wind up wishing I had an armored car that I can use for proper cover. In that way my crew and I wind up having two people go by bike for reconnaissance and to snipe some easy targets, when the rest of the crew pull up right up close and we can lay down proper cover fire. If its a sheer mission of destroy target X, then I get my Attack Buzzard out and lay down some anarchy. 

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

3bf1117120ea519382a2e86658b60823.png

All on this bad boy...

0_0.jpg

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

f*ck riding bmx around gta , how f*ckin boring, motorcycles are a last resort or if i steal someones to ride into the sea

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by muhmuhhuh, 12 November 2013 - 01:07 AM.

I love my Akuma. Great for getting me out of trouble. I love when I see a white dot coming towards me and starts shooting and whoosh im away. If they keep chasing I can speed away, get enough time to take cover up the road and fight back. 

Just gotta be careful, nothing worse than falling off your bike. Not only does it hurt it makes you look stupid. 

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

love bikes 

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I want to keep at least 2 bikes. I currently have a Western Daemon, now I want a sport bike. Which one do you all prefer? (Not a Faggio either). Performance wise as well as customization options.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

I want to keep at least 2 bikes. I currently have a Western Daemon, now I want a sport bike. Which one do you all prefer? (Not a Faggio either). Performance wise as well as customization options.

Akuma

even if you push a hard break in full speed, this boaby wont spin around like a bike should. 

somehow this bike behave like a 4 wheels....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users