» «
Photo

How many here prefer bikes over cars?

77 replies to this topic
RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 09 November 2013 - 03:34 AM.

I'm a fairly recent convert to riding motorcycles.  My garage is now dominated by them (Vader, Akuma, Bagger, Hexer, Bati 801, Sanchez).  The first few days of exclusively riding the Akuma I donated a lot of organs but my brain adapted, I'm sensing when to lay off the accelerator and I'm totally loving the experience.  Even taking it on missions.. which made me very nervous having a passenger that I could easily kill (or just royally piss off).

I took out my Elegy tonight and it felt so damn clumsy driving it around !

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by Zodape, 09 November 2013 - 03:46 AM.

I love bikes. I would be using them more if cops weren't such skilled marksmen. No matter how good you ride a motorcycle, no matter how good is your motorcycle, there's nothing you can do about magic AI bullets.

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

I got a Bati and Akuma in my garage, not fully upgrade but still fast enought to run from cops

problem is, I cant find a bike race around so I can have a chance to win, and unlock upgrades

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I got a Bati and Akuma in my garage, not fully upgrade but still fast enought to run from cops

problem is, I cant find a bike race around so I can have a chance to win, and unlock upgrades

if you're on psn i'd happily boost until you get your upgrades :p

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Ya, I don't have any wins in bike races afaik but there are a few performance mods available.  Still, even without them the Akuma is blazingly fast.  The cops never catch me and I'm having a lot of fun racing past people in free roam.

During a mission tonight we had to drive all the way from the docks to Paleto Bay and I was going slightly faster than his modded Elegy on the freeway.  Not a lot faster but.. while I was weaving through traffic he was having to deal with the usual crashes.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Bikes are the best !
I have 4, Pegassi 801, Akuma, Double-T and Ruffian. Not fully modified,  because I have to win another 8 races to be able to upgrade them. They can take tight corners like a breeze while accelerating. 

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

It could be I'm just experiencing an addiction to the adrenaline.. driving an Akuma through the city can be pretty intense!

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Bikes are the best !
I have 4, Pegassi 801, Akuma, Double-T and Ruffian. Not fully modified,  because I have to win another 8 races to be able to upgrade them. They can take tight corners like a breeze while accelerating. 

again, if you're on psn i'd love to help lol

VN Lambo 01
  • VN Lambo 01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

I have a bati 801 rr or whatever it is and I love that thing. I think I use that more than my sabre turbo although now that I have my coquette I might switch it up a bit.

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

I love my bikes for cruising and such but it's really easy to get thrown off or shot will riding. Tend to stick to my cars when I'm in a public session or doing missions.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

if you're on psn i'd happily boost until you get your upgrades :p

oh really?

I play in odd hours anyway

GMT +8, 2300 to 0300 something

PSN: isaacmama

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Bikes are the best !

great, let's help each other, with killzone3265, 3 of us can have a good race and some good cash / RP too

• RAS_ZeroZ and Daimondl like this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

no

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

no

Well, if you ever change your mind come ride with us :)

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

I liked them more before finding out how much having a passenger changes the physics on them. Tried to jump a fence that I normally clear no problem, and end up slamming right into it instead. Hit the ramp at a different angle that usually puts you a good 20+ feet above the fence, and instead just barely cleared it. Not completing many stunt jumps like that.

Just seems kind of annoying when the same thing doesn't happen with other vehicles.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Ya, I've noticed that as well, especially during missions.  The way it breaks with a passenger can be a bit unsettling at times.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

not to mention the random lagg you get from riding passenger, bike goes insane on your screen, but is perfectly fine for the driver

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Luckily I don't need a passenger most of the time lol. I keep my Bati 801 at the front of the garage. It's pretty useful for hunting bounties and escaping bounty hunters, among other things.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

a passanger in real life affects bikes a ton, Having 4 ppl in a car is not a big difference.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

not to mention the random lagg you get from riding passenger, bike goes insane on your screen, but is perfectly fine for the driver

Happens in cars as well.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 09 November 2013 - 06:51 AM.

I love my bikes for cruising and such but it's really easy to get thrown off or shot will riding. Tend to stick to my cars when I'm in a public session or doing missions.

^This, especially if you're in an auto-aim lobby. Riding a bike there = asking to be shot at. Getting rammed by a cop car at 2+ stars is pretty much instant death if you're a low rank.

The Dameon was my first PV, but I only use it for cruising now. Too risky to go on missions or pvp with it.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ever since the day I had one star and got rammed off my bike by a cop and instantly died I've only driven cars.

They already shoot one inch groupings at 1200 meters from one moving car into another moving car. No need to make it easier.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

Any way of changing the color of the Bati RR? It sounds amazing , but the liverys are ugly as sh*t.

Ahuehuehue
  • Ahuehuehue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by Ahuehuehue, 09 November 2013 - 06:57 AM.

I really like the Daemon, it controls well and when upgraded is pretty fast and it stays on the ground when you go over small bumps/hills at high speed (going south from Eclipse Apartments anyone?)

Only thing I don't like them for is for public sessions where you get shot/rammed off them too easily.

I_T_T_O
  • I_T_T_O

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Only downside I've had as a biker is other random team members finding it funny to knock you off your bike when you first start a mission.... I find it funny finding ways to fail the mission for them when it happens... Sweet revenge.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Any way of changing the color of the Bati RR? It sounds amazing , but the liverys are ugly as sh*t.

Just get the regular Bati. Same sound and same performance.

Yami
  • Yami

AP Mid

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Tough choice. I like Bikes because there fast and can move through traffic. Perfect for when I want to chase an douche in an Entity and sticky bomb it, but they offer no protection so If they can aim, you lose .-.

Zamininc
  • Zamininc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

Depends on what I'm doing.

Just trying to get around- Doesn't really matter. Generally prefer cars for this though.

Trying to kill someone- Motorcycles

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

I JUST accidentally killed my teammate with my Bodhi because he was on a bike. 

Bikes SUCK on missions.  I hate them.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:17 AM Edited by FearTheLiving, 09 November 2013 - 07:17 AM.

I like having a mix of vehicle types depending on what I want to do.  Currently I have a Dominator, Sabre Turbo, Sentinel XS, Sentinel, Sultan, Schafter, Bati 800, and a Bagger. Really want a van, but apparently they are to awesome to own.

I probably end up switching out the XS and Sultan for something, but I'm debating on what super car I want and either off-road or SUV. 

As to your question, I do fine myself riding my motorcycles more often then the cars mainly how fun it is to go mountain driving with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users