Photo

People who own the Crop Duster

26 replies to this topic
Pat-The-Bunny
  • Pat-The-Bunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Is it worth it, 'cause I'm thinking about buying one :)

Does it spawn in sandy shores, too

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Trevor has one in the single player that you can fly almost anytime I believe. It's probably best to fly it around a bit and decide if you want it online that way rather than through the opinions of others. 

• Hooves07 likes this

Pat-The-Bunny
  • Pat-The-Bunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Trevor has one in the single player that you can fly almost anytime I believe. It's probably best to fly it around a bit and decide if you want it online that way rather than through the opinions of others. 

Yeah, I guess you're right :)

Btw, how many people does it seat ?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

I think it has two seats. Maybe invite Franklin or Michael to hang out and see if they can fit. I'm pretty sure it's two, but I could be wrong.

Pat-The-Bunny
  • Pat-The-Bunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

I think it has two seats. Maybe invite Franklin or Michael to hang out and see if they can fit. I'm pretty sure it's two, but I could be wrong.

Alrighty then. 

Thanks

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I never saw it in SP, certainly not one that Trevor owned without me buying it.

Also, no way to activate the sprays?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I never saw it in SP, certainly not one that Trevor owned without me buying it.

Also, no way to activate the sprays?

After you complete enough of the story it will be at his airstrip in the hanger unless I bought it. I don't think I did, but it's possible.

I don't think there is a way to activate the sprays unfortunately. 

BOOCAKE4U
  • BOOCAKE4U

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

the biplane spawns (in SP) at the western end of that road behind sandy shores (along the shore of the salton sea)...there is a little cul de sac at the end and the biplane is always there

• Hooves07 likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

I bought one for Trevor after I got tired of trying to chase the one I would see flying around Grape seed hoping to steal it once it landed. Mainly so I could take this photo...
0_0.jpg

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

its old and slow go for the mallard i have both

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

The cropduster periodically spawns (in midair while landing) at McKenzie...the other one makes a single pass around the nearby fields before it eventually disappears, only to return a few minutes later...I think this is scripted, and the planes only appear during the daytime afaik...I have yet to see them at night in SP...have not a clue what goes on in GTAO lol. The duster IS slow, but it works nicely for some of the knife flight challenges. Has anybody managed to make the one flying around the crops crash by pegging the pilot? I've only managed to spook him away from his run lol.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 09 November 2013 - 04:14 AM.

The guy is right, just northwest of sandy shores runway is a lil road that loops into itself by the shore. It always is there.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 09 November 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Nah bro, get the Mallard. It's the fastest of the prop planes and it's also a stunt plane....which is pretty much self explanatory. 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

the biplane spawns (in SP) at the western end of that road behind sandy shores (along the shore of the salton sea)...there is a little cul de sac at the end and the biplane is always there

Does it only spawn at a particular time, because I only ever find a Dune Buggy there.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

anywhere it can be stolen in SP?

• ChillerVapes likes this

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by Fyttirakkern, 09 November 2013 - 12:11 PM.

anywhere it can be stolen in SP?

Yes, at the end (west) of the Marina Drive road, in the southwest corner of Alamo Sea.

• K20 likes this

Bubs1985
  • Bubs1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Does it only spawn at a particular time, because I only ever find a Dune Buggy there.

I've found the exact same thing....I've  spent 5 days (in-game time) going there trying to see if it would spawn, but I've had no luck.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

I wouldn't but any planes online, considering all planes spawn somewhere around the map.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

The cropduster that lands at McKenzie can be stolen...just wait for it to land...it stops at the far end of the runway (still facing the same direction). Turning the plane around is a bit tricky...you have to back up a bit so that you have enough clearance to turn the plane.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

I own it. I've flown it and I have to say, it's slow and easy to stall.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

I remember after I completed a guns trafficking mission, I decide to take the cuban plane out of the hangar. Once I align the plane properly to take off, I get cropduster'd in the face.

Good times.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

I wouldn't but any planes online, considering all planes spawn somewhere around the map.

What about the Luxor? Have yet to see one.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, but the only one you can get early on (before completing "Nervous Ron") without getting a wanted level is the cropduster that lands at McKenzie...only others obtainable before said mission are the Frogger (purchaseable helipad), Buzzard (Davis Police Station), Attack Buzzard NOOSE HQ), and the Police Maverick with the air ambulance livery (2 on CLSMC rooftop).

ReRuss
  • ReRuss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

I own it online, it can spray stuff if you hold A, just like parachute smoke

Toxicant
  • Toxicant

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

What about the Luxor? Have yet to see one.

You can always find one parked beside a Shamal at Los Santos International Airport (southeastern part I think). However, to get the plane without attracting police attention, you have to buy a hangar there (either as Michael or Franklin). This is the only spawn point for Luxor in singleplayer as far as I know.

@ReRuss I thought it was cut from the game. I wonder if the stuff it sprays will affect people like in the first trailer.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

^^ This. Also a fun fact, the house next to the airfield has Lost members stationed there. Fun place for a shootout while you wait for the duster to land.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

The crop duster will not spawn for me on that road that runs along the Alamo Sea - just as another on here said, the only thing that spawns is the Dune Buggy...unless the plane starts to spawn there after certain missions are completed. Although it is always good to have vehicles spawn in more than one spot, at least the duster DOES spawn somewhere lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users