Middle School Racism

21 replies to this topic
ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

So, my middle school (Crispell Middle School in Pine Bush, NY) has made national headlines for the racism in it. The area is very redneck and those who aren't do feel alienated, but never to such an extent in the article. I never saw this, personally, but it's kind of cool to see the school in national news, but not in such a bad way.

Heres the news article:

http://www.nytimes.c...hools.html?_r=0

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Often racism is considered ignorant in the scholarly world.  I don't understand why should a person judge others by their color. I see a way to judge their character not by what ethnicity they are. I see this a repulsive thing, here we are in the 21 century and its still around. I know for a fact that this issue will never go away. as long as Ignorant people keep living in this social problem it will roam this earth.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

There's racism at my school, but nothing as bad as that, Jesus...

I don't understand why people do this, sure you could judge people for their actions, but in no way should judge them for their ethnicity. Stuff like this makes me not want to be on this Earth...

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

There's racism at my school, but nothing as bad as that, Jesus...

I don't understand why people do this, sure you could judge people for their actions, but in no way should judge them for their ethnicity. Stuff like this makes me not want to be on this Earth...

The thing is, when I went to that school, 2006-2009, there were no problems like that, nor in the high school. It is a problem, but I think it is being blown out of proportion. I personally know who D.C. is in the article, and he is a whiny b*tch.  He always had to take things too far and got into trouble with other people for it.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I personally know who D.C. is in the article, and he is a whiny b*tch. 

For complaining about swastikas? 

• F4L? likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'd like some good ole fashioned racism at my school. It's Puerto Rican vs. Mexicans where I live and it really gets annoying when you're on the outside looking in.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Sounds like my high school during my time.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

The reason why kids do that is because they think they are "edgy" by being pricks, and think it's hilarious, when the truth is it's not. 

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

In New York of all places? I'd have expected something like this to be happening down in the bible belt, like in Mississippi. 

The superintendent seems rather incompetent and should be replaced immediately. Oh and I just loved the part about that hick who got out of the pickup truck to say that jews don't belong there. f*ck him and all the other racists pricks in that town. The lack of parenting is disgusting. How could anyone be okay with letting their child go around giving the nazi salute and carving swastikas everywhere? Unbelievable.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

in my school everyone was cool with everyone. as we all got older we generally started to deviate from other cultures and ethnicity. we still talked to the other races but not mix with them. its just the way things rolled as we got older.

even now all friends i go out with are of my own colour. i dont hate other races. just get alone with my own kind more, and have more fun.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'd like some good ole fashioned racism at my school. It's Puerto Rican vs. Mexicans where I live and it really gets annoying when you're on the outside looking in.

I'd have thought it more likely to be Hispanics v whites or blacks or something like that? Or is the USA just a lot more racist than the UK?

There was never any racism that I knew of at my school, college or uni, most people were integrated pretty well.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 09 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Speaking of upstate NY (and by upstate NY I mean everything north of NYC) and anti-antisemitism, isn't there a place called 'Swastika'?

In New York of all places? I'd have expected something like this to be happening down in the bible belt, like in Mississippi. 

The superintendent seems rather incompetent and should be replaced immediately. Oh and I just loved the part about that hick who got out of the pickup truck to say that jews don't belong there. f*ck him and all the other racists pricks in that town. The lack of parenting is disgusting. How could anyone be okay with letting their child go around giving the nazi salute and carving swastikas everywhere? Unbelievable.

Everything north of the city is hillbilly land.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

I used to draw a lot of swastikas when I was in early grade school, though I was just really into World War II. I find it a bit repulsive that people see things like that and automatically think RACIST!

You have to think, a lot of those kids 'acting' racist, truly aren't. They're just trying to fit in with the crowd. I would just ignore it man.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I used to draw a lot of swastikas when I was in early grade school, though I was just really into World War II. I find it a bit repulsive that people see things like that and automatically think RACIST!

You have to think, a lot of those kids 'acting' racist, truly aren't. They're just trying to fit in with the crowd. I would just ignore it man.

Ya, but it's still not cool, and it's not the best idea to ignore something like this.

It's completely understandable why someone would think that based off of the history of the swastika. 

Spoiler

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well it sounds like it isn't very easy to ignore, give that there's a mob mentality around the harassment of these jewish kids.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's an on-going deal that isn't going to go away.. your best option is to ignore it. If people are going to act a certain way, you can't change it.

Just have to make it aware to those who can alter the situation; teachers, principal.. even then, what's that going to do? Discrimination will happen in school or out of it.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Had to chuckle a bit when the NY Times identified a Mr. Steinberg as "Jewish" . Kinda silly nowadays.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

They're calling them "dirty Jew" and telling them to pick up change off the floor....

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Speaking of upstate NY (and by upstate NY I mean everything north of NYC) and anti-antisemitism, isn't there a place called 'Swastika'?

Everything north of the city is hillbilly land.

We have it on Long Island, too. It's not as bad, but it's present. And yeah, Swastika, NY exists.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

I thought this kind of stuff happens on a regular basis? Why is the media just reporting on it now?

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

The thing that really annoyed me was when they said "Garbage receptacle". Can't they just call it a f*cking bin? It's a goddamn bin. Call it a bin!

As for the racism, that was pretty bad too. Instead of swastikas can't they just draw cocks on everything like normal children? Is that really too much too ask. And don't make fun of the Jews, they have powerful lobby groups. Make fun of the kids with low self-esteem, they pretty much expect it anyways.  

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

It's an on-going deal that isn't going to go away.. your best option is to ignore it. If people are going to act a certain way, you can't change it.

Just have to make it aware to those who can alter the situation; teachers, principal.. even then, what's that going to do? Discrimination will happen in school or out of it.

I would agree with you about telling them to ignore it, only they're also being beaten up because they're jewish. Something needs to be done and it would be unacceptable to stand by and let children beat each other up.

• F4L? likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users