It was all a lie...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
396 replies to this topic
Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thats a great argument "if you cant prove it your full of sh*t" ill have to remember that next time im in court.

It would take me a bit and if I cared I would prolly do it but I remember rockstar saying that online will change the way we play videogames...

Hasn't changed any way I play.

If you think I'm just a hater your wrong. I bought GTA on ps one the day it came out. Bought everyone on day one since. Even had collectors edition with gta london.

The release of gta 5 was the biggest moment in video games for me since playing mario on nes. But I was wrong. It was just another game.

concolt
  • concolt

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

The OP is an idiot and the guy in the video needs to be punched in his mouth for being a whiney baby. He just doesn't know how to get away from the cops.

Best GTA ever!

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

I will admit its the best gta ever. Its like saying the new charger is the best charger ever. I FUC*in hope so. I hope we arent going backwards in quality.

Im not saying rockstar lied. Just misrepresentation.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 08 November 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Thats a great argument "if you cant prove it your full of sh*t" ill have to remember that next time im in court.

It would take me a bit and if I cared I would prolly do it but I remember rockstar saying that online will change the way we play videogames...

If you think I'm just a hater your wrong. I bought GTA on ps one the day it came out. Bought everyone on day one since. Even had collectors edition with gta london.

The release of gta 5 was the biggest moment in video games for me since playing mario on nes. But I was wrong. It was just another game.

"Thats a great argument "if you cant prove it your full of sh*t" ill have to remember that next time im in court."

Yeah, that's how it generally works in court. Nice attempt at making fun of me, but it completely backfired in your face.

"It would take me a bit and if I cared I would prolly do it but I remember rockstar saying that online will change the way we play videogames..."

Then do it. If you don't, you're full of sh*t, because you can't prove what you're saying is true. This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you can't f*cking find what R* lied about, stop f*cking saying they lied! Jesus, it's not hard to comprehend...

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

That comment you made about Chevy Corvettes isn't comparable to what Rockstar has done with GTAV/Online. That comment was a massive exaggeration.

Keep complaining, though. You're pretty good at it.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

That guy in the first video was hilarious!!!! Like "just drive up the mountain!" XD

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Lmao!!

OP, showing us video of someone who sucks at GTA, isn't the same as showing us video of GTAV's faults.

Also, that second video was made by people making fun of whoever that player is. Seriously...damn...that guy sucked and blamed the game every time for his terribleness.
  • GTAboob likes this

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I guess some people are never happy...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Heh, reminds me of that guy who wants to legalize Marijuana saying that the votes were a lie.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

In a few years, when GTA VI releases, people are going to say "Damnit Cockstar, GTA V was way better!". It was the same way with GTA IV.

• ReekyAlex likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6M8-iq5pf1c

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

"Thats a great argument "if you cant prove it your full of sh*t" ill have to remember that next time im in court."

Yeah, that's how it generally works in court. Nice attempt at making fun of me, but it completely backfired in your face.

"It would take me a bit and if I cared I would prolly do it but I remember rockstar saying that online will change the way we play videogames..."

Then do it. If you don't, you're full of sh*t, because you can't prove what you're saying is true. This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you can't f*cking find what R* lied about, stop f*cking saying they lied! Jesus, it's not hard to comprehend...

'Yeah, that's how it generally works in court.'

f*cking owned!

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

&nbsp;

&amp;amp;nbsp;

This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year, everything rockstar said was a lie.
They told us it would have a great map, great music, great cops, great characters, great story, great online but in reality it is none of the those, it is a terrible game with many problems and I might consider selling my copy.

I give this game a 2.69/10

Take a look at this video and see how bad the cops are:

And also this shows how bad the gameplay mechanics are:

I'd even go as far to say that Saints Row I was better in terms that it wasn't extremely overhyped.
Rockstar always make fun of other companies well I guess it's time someone did it to theme again.

Look at what Volition did to GTA IV (even though GTA IV is better than V)
Just replace bowling with yoga:

I like GTA IV because it's Liberty City, it gives you the Liberty to do what ever you want.
GTA V however punishes the player for having fun, which is absolute nonsense.

Not only did they never say that, but not even close to everything they said was a lie.

Seriously, how delusional are you?
&amp;amp;nbsp;

Just about as delusional as you.

@Staten
It is overatted garbage, GTA Online is dead.

@The4orTy67
Well according to your logic CallofDuty is a great series, your probably one of those people who say that COD is crap for being overhyped and getting ridiculous review scores but then you praise GTA V even when it gets a 10/10 from IGN and is called a masterpeice, something which it is very far from.

Just because a majority of people like something, that doesn't make it good.
Unless you agree that Nicki Minak, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne are actually talented musicians.

@Woll Smoth
Realism doesn't make things better in this case.
It cripples the game and makes it a punishing experience.

Oh cool, nice comeback. Too bad that's not the case.

Now, to make people not look at you like you're retarded, please tell me when R* said all those things were great, and how 'close to everything they said' was a lie. I'll wait for you to find nothing.
&nbsp;

You should be better at finding Rockstar's lies considering the fact that you shoved yourself up their ass.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

&nbsp;

&amp;amp;nbsp;

This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year, everything rockstar said was a lie.
They told us it would have a great map, great music, great cops, great characters, great story, great online but in reality it is none of the those, it is a terrible game with many problems and I might consider selling my copy.

I'd even go as far to say that Saints Row I was better in terms that it wasn't extremely overhyped.
Rockstar always make fun of other companies well I guess it's time someone did it to theme again.

Look at what Volition did to GTA IV (even though GTA IV is better than V)
Just replace bowling with yoga:

I like GTA IV because it's Liberty City, it gives you the Liberty to do what ever you want.
GTA V however punishes the player for having fun, which is absolute nonsense.

Not only did they never say that, but not even close to everything they said was a lie.

Seriously, how delusional are you?
&amp;amp;nbsp;

Just about as delusional as you.

@Staten
It is overatted garbage, GTA Online is dead.

@The4orTy67
Well according to your logic CallofDuty is a great series, your probably one of those people who say that COD is crap for being overhyped and getting ridiculous review scores but then you praise GTA V even when it gets a 10/10 from IGN and is called a masterpeice, something which it is very far from.

Just because a majority of people like something, that doesn't make it good.
Unless you agree that Nicki Minak, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne are actually talented musicians.

@Woll Smoth
Realism doesn't make things better in this case.
It cripples the game and makes it a punishing experience.

Oh cool, nice comeback. Too bad that's not the case.

Now, to make people not look at you like you're retarded, please tell me when R* said all those things were great, and how 'close to everything they said' was a lie. I'll wait for you to find nothing.
&nbsp;

You should be better at finding Rockstar's lies considering the fact that you shoved yourself up their ass.

Good to know you're not to be taken seriously.

Have a nice day, and have fun spewing nonsense :)

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Thug

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

This is the full transcription of the gameplay trailer. Now, tell me where are the lies?

Narrator: With Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar have tried to re-imagine the open world game in a number of ways. The game world is beautiful, massive and diverse. A sprawling, satirical re-imagining of modern Southern California. Covering mountains and oceans, expensive stores, and strip malls. Urban decay, and untouched wilderness. Beaches and backwoods. The sublime, and the ridiculous. Greed, and hypocrisy.

Narrator: For the first time, the game features not one, but three would-be heroes.

Narrator: Michael, a once successful bank robber, and now less successful family man.

Narrator: Franklin, a humble street hustler convinced he's surrounded by morons.

Narrator: The less said about him, the better.

Introducing three lead characters, transforms both the narrative into one interwoven story and the structure of individual missions. Players can cut between vantage points.

Narrator: And from one high octane moment to the other.

Narrator: This helps to give missions new levels of diversity and intensity.

Narrator: When not on a mission, the use of three lead characters also allow for a touch of voyeurism. As you can drop in at any moment and find out what your new friends have been up to as they go about their days.

Narrator: The world is not only huge, it's packed with a vast array of things to see and do; cars to customize, planes to fly, clothes to buy, sports to play, nirvana's to pursue, oceans to dive, animals to spot, hunt, or be hunted by, freaks to watch, meet, and befriend.

Narrator: Bounties to hunt...

Narrator: And on and on. 

Narrator: There's also been a huge focus on mechanics in the game, to make every aspect as fun and fluid as it is broad. Everything from driving and shooting, to tennis and bike riding feels fun and responsive. However, alongside all of this leisure, people also have to take care of business. For all their pretensions, these men are dangerous thieves.

Narrator: To survive, they have to setup and pull off a series of increasingly audacious heists.

Narrator: The player sets these up for themselves and decides how to execute them and with whom.

Narrator: After the take is divided, you decide what to spend your money on. Anything from sensible investments, like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks or Los Santos real estate. And then there's  GTA Online which we will show you properly soon.

The only points where there could be some discussion are

1) "player can cut between vantage points" ---> technically correct, but half of the time Player MUST cut betwen points when the game forces you

2) "The player sets these (robberies) up for themselves " ---> technically correct because WE choose the way the mission goes, but half of the time we just prepare the tools, we don't "set" anything

3) "Invest in (...) Los santos real estate"---> technically correct since you can buy proprieties, but  the true "real estate" site works only online.

The rest is just big words and hyperboles used by EVERY marketing campain in the world...or you REALLY think that drinking Red Bull you'll have a pair of wings?

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm here to debate, and if someone can shows real lies, I'll be very happy to talk about it.

• G.S.T likes this

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 09 November 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Oh is that how it works in court? So thats where the saying its not what you know its what you can prove comes from. Ok thanks now I know.

Sarcasm

I meant I am going to use that exact line. Because its open and shut after that. Thats how an adult states an argument. I now see. To win an argument all you have to do is slander your opponent worse than he does to you.

My corvette analogy wasn't far off at all. A company says one thing then delivers something different. Simple really.

By the way if you guys cant prove rockstar did not lie then "you dont know sh*t" remember both sides have to prove they are right.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

If you really feel they lied then so them and a judge might agree that you are a put upon victim. You can even take it to the Supreme Court.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

&nbsp;

The OP is an idiot and the guy in the video needs to be punched in his mouth for being a whiney baby. He just doesn't know how to get away from the cops.

Best GTA ever!

&nbsp;

He may be whiney but don't tell me it's not bullsh*t when I'm in the same car as the cops going full speed and they still manage to catch up and ram into me.
Turn your brain on.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by AlexL, 09 November 2013 - 12:14 AM.

This is the full transcription of the gameplay trailer. Now, tell me where are the lies?

Narrator: With Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar have tried to re-imagine the open world game in a number of ways. The game world is beautiful, massive and diverse. A sprawling, satirical re-imagining of modern Southern California. Covering mountains and oceans, expensive stores, and strip malls. Urban decay, and untouched wilderness. Beaches and backwoods. The sublime, and the ridiculous. Greed, and hypocrisy.

Narrator: For the first time, the game features not one, but three would-be heroes.

Narrator: Michael, a once successful bank robber, and now less successful family man.

Narrator: Franklin, a humble street hustler convinced he's surrounded by morons.

Introducing three lead characters, transforms both the narrative into one interwoven story and the structure of individual missions. Players can cut between vantage points.

Narrator: When not on a mission, the use of three lead characters also allow for a touch of voyeurism. As you can drop in at any moment and find out what your new friends have been up to as they go about their days.

Narrator: The world is not only huge, it's packed with a vast array of things to see and do; cars to customize, planes to fly, clothes to buy, sports to play, nirvana's to pursue, oceans to dive, animals to spot, hunt, or be hunted by, freaks to watch, meet, and befriend.

Narrator: There's also been a huge focus on mechanics in the game, to make every aspect as fun and fluid as it is broad. Everything from driving and shooting, to tennis and bike riding feels fun and responsive. However, alongside all of this leisure, people also have to take care of business. For all their pretensions, these men are dangerous thieves.

Narrator: To survive, they have to setup and pull off a series of increasingly audacious heists.

Narrator: The player sets these up for themselves and decides how to execute them and with whom.

Narrator: After the take is divided, you decide what to spend your money on. Anything from sensible investments, like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks or Los Santos real estate. And then there's  GTA Online which we will show you properly soon.

1) "player can cut between vantage points" ---> technically correct, but half of the time Player MUST cut betwen points when the game forces you

2) "The player sets these (robberies) up for themselves " ---> technically correct because WE choose the way the mission goes, but half of the time we just prepare the tools, we don't "set" anything

3) "Invest in (...) Los santos real estate"---> technically correct since you can buy proprieties, but  the true "real estate" site works only online.

The rest is just big words and hyperboles used by EVERY marketing campain in the world...or you REALLY think that drinking Red Bull you'll have a pair of wings?

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm here to debate, and if someone can shows real lies, I'll be very happy to talk about it.

Please tell me, what do you gain by defending them? They are a greedy company who USED to be good, cared about their fans and made great games, these days they sacrifice your singleplayer experience for online trash & overhype the hell out of the games like it's nothing you ever seen before. Not to mention they bribe big gaming reviewing sites to give high scores.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by Tenxax, 09 November 2013 - 12:17 AM.

Who the hell said R* is the goddamn goverment to threath them like lying cheating bastards?

A Video game company was always in for the money, but was always in for entertaiment too, you can't say this game is pure sh*t if you haden't even played or lived the fullest experience out of it, sometimes they change stuff and people get all butthurt about it and start whining/crying like Little bitches over the fact we didn't get the Eastern european ex-soldier cliché with a terrible past.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 09 November 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Oh is that how it works in court? So thats where the saying its not what you know its what you can prove comes from. Ok thanks now I know.

Sarcasm

I meant I am going to use that exact line. Because its open and shut after that. Thats how an adult states an argument. I now see. To win an argument all you have to do is slander your opponent worse than he does to you.

My corvette analogy wasn't far off at all. A company says one thing then delivers something different. Simple really.

By the way if you guys cant prove rockstar did not lie then "you dont know sh*t" remember both sides have to prove they are right.

Yes, that is how it works in court. If someone says some guy murdered another guy, you have to prove it. It's really not hard lol. It's not just:

"That guy killed my brother!"

"Ok, take him away!"

It's actually like:

"That guy killed my brother!"

"Do you have any evidence to back that up?"

"No!"

"Alrighty then, he's free."

I don't know what you're trying to get at.

"By the way if you guys cant prove rockstar did not lie then "you dont know sh*t" remember both sides have to prove they are right."

Some dude above me posted proof that they didn't lie.

Oh, and BTW, we don't need to provide proof. YOU'RE the one saying that R* lied. If you don't want to be made fun of, then provide some f*cking proof that they lied. Remember, YOU'RE the one saying they lied, we're only saying they didn't lie in response to you. Provide evidence. Hell, I never even once said they didn't lie! I told you to provide evidence that they lied. You're trying to wiggle your way out of it, but it's not gonna work.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 09 November 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Not for nothing, but most of what I saw looked like the player's fault. Was he driving with his feet or something?

Yeah the psychic cops are annoying, and maybe a bit too aggresive on two stars, but none of that can be used to blame his sh*tty driving.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

&nbsp;

I couldn't watch more than ten seconds of those videos, that commentator is extremely obnoxious. Anyway, why don't you just pack up your granny panties and leave? We come to this forum to talk about GTA 5, not to just bash and hate on it.
&nbsp;

I am giving the game some criticism.
You anti consumer a-wipes are not doing any of us favours

@Car Lover
You are an imbecile
You hate activision, yet lover rockstar, can you not see the irony and ignorance in that?
Rockstar pull the same BS that Activision and EA do.

No they don't. Actually if it were up to SA fanboys GTA would be more like COD.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Thug

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Please tell me, what do you gain by defending them? They are a greedy company who USED to be good, cared about their fans and made great games, these days they sacrifice your singleplayer experience for online trash & overhype the hell out of the games like it's nothing you ever seen before.

The game has a lot of problem, no one can deny this. What I'm trying to do is different: since there are hundred of topics about bugs, glitches and stupid gameplay decision in this forum,here I'm just trying to understand where R* LIED to us. Overhype is a different beast, is bad but is not technically "cheating"... I'm disappointed too, but a LIE is something worse, and I still can't find a real LIE.

What is true is that R* isn't stupid, they played with emotions and subliminal messages, like showing franklin in green walking in the hood to give us a "CJ feeling"... that's why half of complainers here cry because "no hood, no gang wars!!!"...it isn't totally respectful toward the consumers, but since R* NEVER said "we're back in the hood with gang wars and gangsta life", it's OUR fault to have those expectations.

I'm mad too, don't you think that I love GTA V 100%, but that's why I'm currently seeking for a REAL LIE. Still can't find it, unfortunately

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

lol @ all the f*cking cry babies.

If you guys hate this game so badly then WTF are you doing here? If you seriously came here specifically just to sit around and bitch about this game all the time than you need to seriously reevaluate your lives, get yourselves a job and a girlfriend.

You have no reason to be here if you hate the game as much as you claim.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 09 November 2013 - 12:26 AM.

How so? I like GTA:SA and have never played a COD game. There's no connection.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

&nbsp;

&amp;nbsp;

I couldn't watch more than ten seconds of those videos, that commentator is extremely obnoxious. Anyway, why don't you just pack up your granny panties and leave? We come to this forum to talk about GTA 5, not to just bash and hate on it.
&amp;nbsp;

I am giving the game some criticism.
You anti consumer a-wipes are not doing any of us favours

@Car Lover
You are an imbecile
You hate activision, yet lover rockstar, can you not see the irony and ignorance in that?
Rockstar pull the same BS that Activision and EA do.

&nbsp;

May the Almighty help you in these troubled times.
GTA V is more like COD, considering GTA Online with it's DLC's (Weapons, Cars, Missions and etc).

You are obnoxious enough to insult SA fanboys but fail to see the fact that SA was a better game due to actual character development and worthy antagonists.

Open your eyes.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

It was all a dream i used to read word up magazine

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 09 November 2013 - 12:30 AM.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

May the Almighty help you in these troubled times.
GTA V is more like COD, considering GTA Online with it's DLC's (Weapons, Cars, Missions and etc).

You are obnoxious enough to insult SA fanboys but fail to see the fact that SA was a better game due to actual character development and worthy antagonists.

Open your eyes.

You love to force your views down other people's throats don't you? Why did you even start this topic? Did you think people would instantly agree with you, are you simply trying to convince them to think like you? There's already a thread to complain about the game, in case you hadn't noticed.

• ten-a-penny likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Please tell me, what do you gain by defending them? They are a greedy company who USED to be good, cared about their fans and made great games, these days they sacrifice your singleplayer experience for online trash & overhype the hell out of the games like it's nothing you ever seen before. Not to mention they bribe big gaming reviewing sites to give high scores.

GTAO went from being completely unplayable to perfectly smooth in a matter of a few short days. But yeah, they don't care about their customers at all ;)

The fact is that it doesn't matter what Rockstar did with this game because people like yourself will never be satisfied and will ALWAYS find something to complain about.

When GTA VI drops you guys will bitch about that and say how great V was. Unreal. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users