• This topic is locked This topic is locked
396 replies to this topic
Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

GTA V is somewhat of an improvement over the last GTA game which veteran fans hated because of how abrupt the changes were made by Rockstar, going from what they would consider "the best Grand Theft Auto game ever made". Sure, there are negative aspects to GTA V but the improvements and features outweigh the negatives. 

This

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by MrIbby, 11 November 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Too bad for those who don't like the game. I love it and play it nearly everyday. The game isn't over yet as everyday i play (Single Player), i always find something new.

Don't like the game? Then don't play it. SIMPLE!!!

That is a very bad argument to present, I want to see this game improve.

I know Rockstar can't fix everything in the mess we call GTA V but there are at least somethings they can fix, such as crouching, lack of interiors, lack of activities and so on.
(Maybe even a story DLC to add some actual character development)

Hopefully they will fix these things and make they game worth the money I paid for or I might just have to sell it and pick it up again as a complete edition for $10.

Therealvilla
  • Therealvilla

mass murderer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I like the map, story, characters, and the music for the most part. The cops are assholes, but if they weren't hard you'd be complaining about that too. If the game is so appalling why are you on the Forums still? Just sell the game and get over it. Opinions are like assholes. We've all got one. Does that make my asshole any more correct than yours?

The game was massively hyped, which did lead to people having very high expectations. But I for one am happy with the game.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I like the map, story, characters, and the music for the most part. The cops are assholes, but if they weren't hard you'd be complaining about that too. If the game is so appalling why are you on the Forums still? Just sell the game and get over it. Opinions are like assholes. We've all got one. Does that make my asshole any more correct than yours?

The game was massively hyped, which did lead to people having very high expectations. But I for one am happy with the game.

I wouldn't be complaining about the cops in GTA V, I've noticed that even Batman Arkham Origins gives us signs on bad and corrupt cops and I guess GTA V is doing the same which is why the cops are so rude and aggressive.

In case you didn't know, this is a forum for discussion whether positive or negative, according to your logic, PC people should leave the forums because the PC version isn't out yet.

Stop acting like your opinion and understand that we come here to discuss the game which includes leaving feedback.

To use your logic again:
Don't like my thread?
Then leave.
  • saintsrow likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Too bad for those who don't like the game. I love it and play it nearly everyday. The game isn't over yet as everyday i play (Single Player), i always find something new.

Don't like the game? Then don't play it. SIMPLE!!!

That is a very bad argument to present, I want to see this game improve.

I know Rockstar can't fix everything in the mess we call GTA V but there are at least somethings they can fix, such as crouching, lack of interiors, lack of activities and so on.
(Maybe even a story DLC to add some actual character development)

Hopefully they will fix these things and make they game worth the money I paid for or I might just have to sell it and pick it up again as a complete edition for $10.

Crouching is replaced by stealth mode, that's not coming back. Lack of interiors is most likely a hardware issue, especially since GTA 5 can barely run on current gen consoles, and there's plenty of activities. Lack of activities? If you want to know lack of activities, go play GTA 4. That has no activities whatsoever. GTA 5 has plenty of activities.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

@TheMasterfocker Not having crouch is a design flaw. For example, when playing Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch online, you may want to crouch and run so you are not seen but you can't do that in this game, you can only run, stick your head out and get it blown off. Pressing L3 should have been crouch. Holding L3 should have been stealth mode. That is just one of the many design flaws in this game that Rockstar can fix but won't

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year, everything rockstar said was a lie.
They told us it would have a great map, great music, great cops, great characters, great story, great online but in reality it is none of the those, it is a terrible game with many problems and I might consider selling my copy.

I give this game a 2.69/10

Take a look at this video and see how bad the cops are:

And also this shows how bad the gameplay mechanics are:

I'd even go as far to say that Saints Row I was better in terms that it wasn't extremely overhyped.
Rockstar always make fun of other companies well I guess it's time someone did it to theme again.

Look at what Volition did to GTA IV (even though GTA IV is better than V)
Just replace bowling with yoga:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVpqF2VnkY

I like GTA IV because it's Liberty City, it gives you the Liberty to do what ever you want.
GTA V however punishes the player for having fun, which is absolute nonsense.

sell it then. no one cares what you do.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by MrIbby, 11 November 2013 - 06:07 PM.

@pitan666
Leave my thread you ignorant imbecile.
You have nothing to add but nonsense, so see yourself out.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

@pitan666

It's not 'your thread'... it's a thread on a public forum which anyone has a right to post in.  Pretty pathetic to start a discussion then tell anyone who's opinion differs to gtfo.  Pathetic.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 11 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

@TheMasterfocker Not having crouch is a design flaw. For example, when playing Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch online, you may want to crouch and run so you are not seen but you can't do that in this game, you can only run, stick your head out and get it blown off. Pressing L3 should have been crouch. Holding L3 should have been stealth mode. That is just one of the many design flaws in this game that Rockstar can fix but won't

The example you gave isn't that great. If you crouch to not be seen, that means you're gonna be behind something. If you're behind something, you can just take cover behind it and move like you would with crouch. Same exact thing.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by MrIbby, 11 November 2013 - 06:29 PM.

@pitan666

It's not 'your thread'... it's a thread on a public forum which anyone has a right to post in.  Pretty pathetic to start a discussion then tell anyone who's opinion differs to gtfo.  Pathetic.

Do you suffer from amnesia?
You one of the idiots who tells people to leave the forum if they don't like GTA V.
The same circumstances apply in this thread if I use your lugnut logic.

This is a public forum for GTA V, people can come here to discuss GTA V whether it be positive, neutral or negative.

If you stop using that logic then I will stop using it too.

@TheMastercocker
You find many ways to defend even the most simple things in the game.
I don't want to be stuck to a building or a car to be able to crouch, start using your brain and please stay away from any game studio as your game would be an fatal flop.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

You're not very good at sense, are you? Oh wait, nevermind, you just got beat, again, and resorted to insults, again. Sad.

You said, and I quote: "For example, when playing Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch online, you may want to crouch and run so you are not seen but you can't do that in this game, you can only run, stick your head out and get it blown off."

If you're not gonna be seen, you're gonna be behind something. If you're gonna be behind something, you'd be in cover, not crouching. The example you came up with literally does everything BUT prove your point.

Next time, try to think a little better, K? K  :santa:

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

@TheMasterfocker You have not beaten me, you lost the battle as you began. If I want to move from one position another without being seen when there is nothing that can be used as cover, then I am dead within an instant. Stop finding ways to defend the games flaws, you're making yourself look like an idiot. To get rid of something as simple as crouch is a design flaw, whether you like it or not.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 11 November 2013 - 07:03 PM.

@TheMasterfocker You have not beaten me, you lost the battle as you began. If I want to move from one position another without being seen when there is nothing that can be used as cover, then I am dead within an instant. Stop finding ways to defend the games flaws, you're making yourself look like an idiot. To get rid of something as simple as crouch is a design flaw, whether you like it or not.

Jesus  :facedesk:  With you going every which way, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here. You say no crouch is a design flaw, and yet, you have provided no good reasons as to why it's needed.

If you want to move from one position to another without being seen when there is no cover, then yes, you would be seen, crouch or not. Contrary to what you used as an example, which was: "For example, when playing Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch online, you may want to crouch and run so you are not seen but you can't do that in this game, you can only run, stick your head out and get it blown off."

I provided what to do in that scenario, and you shrugged it off. Crouch is not needed in this game. 

Crouching would only make it so you're more likely to die in that scenario, completely negating anything you're saying about crouch. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Oh, and I lost nothing. You immediately lost all credibility when you said everything in this game was broken, and that R* said that everything was great.

And I'm the one looking like an idiot? For defending the game from retards who don't know what they're talking about? Oh yeah, label me 'Idiot of the Year!'

God damn, you people need to grow some brain cells.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by saintsrow, 11 November 2013 - 07:29 PM.

To use your logic again:
Don't like my thread?
Then leave.

This is the basic concise logic that answers all the idiotic, robotic "don't like it?  don't play it"  responses. 

We invested a lot of time and a lot of emotion and anticipation in this game.  We want it to be good, we want to like it, we want to play if for 5 years. 

There are plenty of things in the world that I don't like and don't use.  After all we have been through, after all of our loyalty to Rockstar, GTAV and GTA0 are things that we do want to experience, not abandon. 

So we want to see them put in some of the things that we logically thought would follow after 12 years of GTA 3D experience, things that they already know how to do, and that probably would not increase processing load on the old consoles (though I can understand that they are being pushed to the limit). 

It did not help that, after a year of miserable silence, when Rockstar slowly stated to actually market the game, they freely used cutscenes, cinematic editing (even in the "gameplay" trailer) and cleverly ambiguous press releases and voice-overs to mislead us into believing that our reasonable expectations would be realized.  Some of them weren't. 

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I love the guys saying how we believed marketing hype and its our fault. So let me get this straight. They hype a game by saying its going to do all this cool stuff then we get mad when its totally different and its our fault for falling for what is known as bait and switch pretty much.

Ok so chevy releases a new corvette and market all over the place saying its 1000hp and 0-60 in 1.8 seconds (hypathetical but google lingenfelter corvette) but when it comes out it only has 500hp and 0-60 in 4 seconds. But then it would be the consumers fault for being dissapointed in it because its only what all the advertisments said.

Im sure that would go over well in the automotive community.

Why do we let it stand in the gaming community?

And you people STILL, can't say what R* lied about.

Jesus Christ, all you guys to is say R* lied, but no one says how.

Two days late, but whatever.

4:30

This is a SINGLEPLAYER GAMEPLAY VIDEO, NOT MULTIPLAYER. (NOTE: AT THE END, THE WOMAN TALKS ABOUT GTA ONLINE INFO COMING SOON, WHICH MEANS THIS GAMEPLAY WAS IN NO SHAPE OR FORM RELATED TO GTA ONLINE)

They show you the dynasty 8 properties page, which clearly indicates buying a house, spoof, that's not there in single-player, care to explain?

Dynasty 8 doesn't even work in single-player.

This was uploaded on July 9, I doubt they scrapped it at the last bit, honestly.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

The Dynasty 8 website is strictly for an in-game mission, not proof you could buy those properties.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

The Dynasty 8 website is strictly for an in-game mission, not proof you could buy those properties.

Dude, they talk about buying properties, then they proceed to show you a Dynasty-8 website footage with buying a house in it, and when you try to access it in-game it's not there.

So they proceed to show us a mechanism that supposedly only works in ONE mission and not in the entire game? That's outright lying.

There's no justifying in that, don't even try/

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

The Dynasty 8 thing was likely just a bad choice to represent properties in order to keep the actual single player real estate a secret until the game came out. Or maybe they did allow us to buy those Online houses in single player but decided at the last minute not to enable the option. Considering Dynasty 8 required a Social Club connection, it wouldn't be too hard to simply deny the single player component access. Even then they did not lie about there being real estate in the game. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I love the guys saying how we believed marketing hype and its our fault. So let me get this straight. They hype a game by saying its going to do all this cool stuff then we get mad when its totally different and its our fault for falling for what is known as bait and switch pretty much.

Ok so chevy releases a new corvette and market all over the place saying its 1000hp and 0-60 in 1.8 seconds (hypathetical but google lingenfelter corvette) but when it comes out it only has 500hp and 0-60 in 4 seconds. But then it would be the consumers fault for being dissapointed in it because its only what all the advertisments said.

Im sure that would go over well in the automotive community.

Why do we let it stand in the gaming community?

And you people STILL, can't say what R* lied about.

Jesus Christ, all you guys to is say R* lied, but no one says how.

Two days late, but whatever.

4:30

This is a SINGLEPLAYER GAMEPLAY VIDEO, NOT MULTIPLAYER. (NOTE: AT THE END, THE WOMAN TALKS ABOUT GTA ONLINE INFO COMING SOON, WHICH MEANS THIS GAMEPLAY WAS IN NO SHAPE OR FORM RELATED TO GTA ONLINE)

They show you the dynasty 8 properties page, which clearly indicates buying a house, spoof, that's not there in single-player, care to explain?

Dynasty 8 doesn't even work in single-player.

This was uploaded on July 9, I doubt they scrapped it at the last bit, honestly.

They weren't wrong when they said you could buy properties, but they did show how to do it wrong. Alright, that's one. Any more?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 11 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Since when did Dynasty-8 require a Social Club connection? Are you sure you're not mixing it with Bawsaq?

And to be honest, it still applies as a lie, that whole video is about single-player, not GTA Online.

@Above, either showcase your game properly, or don't showcase it at all, lying to your customers isn't fun, you know.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

The fact that it is a GTA:O feature means it requires an internet connection. It's likely similar to Bawsaq only they could have disabled it for single player in order to keep something special for GTA:O after realizing the game wouldn't launch with it. It does say it can't connect, so a lot of people were speculating that it was going to unlock once Rockstar fixed Social Club.

I'm going to concede the point to you that it does count as a lie. However, it's not a direct lie but rather a lie through implication. They never said "You can buy safehouses" they said you can buy real estate and showed us the safehouse purchase screen. They implied that we would have safehouses to purchase, which was likely just a poor choice made by whoever chose the visual for that section of the trailer. It doesn't change that most of the supposed lies are just people expecting too much and jumping to conclusions and then blaming Rockstar it. It doesn't prove that Rockstar are malicious and lying about everything in order to get us to buy their game. They certainly didn't pull anything as underhanded as the Aliens Colonial Marines advertising. 

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

It is often exxaggerated more than it really is to increase sales..It may or may not be a direct lie, BUT if you implicate something incorrectly, it can very well be percieved as a lie.

I like GTA V and the game is awesome, but there is a lot of stuff I read that I was given the wrong impression about. Including Dynasty 8 Properties..GTA Online Experience..The way the heists were going to work..

There are also countless minor dissapointments that were flat out teasing because of the detail they put.

Rockstar puts so much detail in a game with it's buildings, websites, etc and you really cannot interact with alot of them. It would of been nice to enter that casino in the game, but nope..

This is where the detail out weighs the content in the game..

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 11 November 2013 - 10:07 PM.

It counts as a lie, probably not a direct one like you said, but it's still a lie. Don't they review their videos before posting? I bet they do.

Also, they say they refined  improved the driving physics and whatnot, yet the motorcycle physics are literally horrendous, a bike can turn 90 degrees in ONE SECOND, how is that remotely close to being better as they stated?

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 11 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Is this sh*t thread still going on? Christ...

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Is this sh*t thread still going on? Christ...

I'm sorry, is there someone holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to read this thread? No? Please leave then.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Threads about people who bitch on how this game didn't live up to their spectations or imagination are popular, while good normal threads about people who like the game/enjoyed it/absolutely love it get ignored...

Somebody please put me out of mah missery.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 11 November 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Since when did Dynasty-8 require a Social Club connection? Are you sure you're not mixing it with Bawsaq?

And to be honest, it still applies as a lie, that whole video is about single-player, not GTA Online.

@Above, either showcase your game properly, or don't showcase it at all, lying to your customers isn't fun, you know.

Literally every company shows things in trailers and such that may be cut. Remember when TT showed Bioshock Infinite gameplay? That part was not in the game.

Anyway, that's literally one thing. Like I said, find something else. The fact that there's only one indirect lie out of everything shows how much they stayed true to their word. 

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 11 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Threads about people who bitch on how this game didn't live up to their spectations or imagination are popular, while good normal threads about people who like the game/enjoyed it/absolutely love it get ignored...

Somebody please put me out of mah missery.

Well the customer is always right... If you don't like that new computer you bought, you got some days to return it. Customer Satisfactory.

But that is aside the point. We need some people to bitch and complain because there is something that always needs improvement. If everything was perfect, the game would not be what it was today.

It is just the manner that you complain in that matters and all I see are people venting their fustrations. Nothing that bad.

Most the time, the reason why the positive thread do not get a lot of attention is because most people agree to it, and there is nothing to debate about. This we can.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Literally every company shows things in trailers and such that may be cut. Remember when TT showed Bioshock Infinite gameplay? That part was not in the game.

Anyway, that's literally one thing. Like I said, find something else. The fact that there's only one indirect lie out of everything shows how much they stayed true to their word. 

Indirect? Nope, but whatever, I won't continue the rest of the night arguing with you.

Refer to my driving mechanics post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users