Photo

It was all a lie...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
396 replies to this topic
MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by MrIbby, 08 November 2013 - 09:36 PM.

This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year, everything rockstar said was a lie.
They told us it would have a great map, great music, great cops, great characters, great story, great online but in reality it is none of the those, it is a terrible game with many problems and I might consider selling my copy.

I give this game a 2.69/10

Take a look at this video and see how bad the cops are:

And also this shows how bad the gameplay mechanics are:

I'd even go as far to say that Saints Row I was better in terms that it wasn't extremely overhyped.
Rockstar always make fun of other companies well I guess it's time someone did it to theme again.

Look at what Volition did to GTA IV (even though GTA IV is better than V)
Just replace bowling with yoga:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVpqF2VnkY

I like GTA IV because it's Liberty City, it gives you the Liberty to do what ever you want.
GTA V however punishes the player for having fun, which is absolute nonsense.
  • DIEXEL, AtomicPunk, Marcuskac and 1 other like this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by bicycles?, 08 November 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Even the TRAINS spawn/despawn as soon as you look/move away from them. 

That wasn't a problem in RDR. There was even a marker on the map showing where the train was at all times.

The game is bad, in many basic ways - ways we were led to believe in which teh game would be better/more advanced.

At the very least, it should have been advertised as online-only. offline players have no access to any of the patches/remedies, or all of the basic things that should have been on the disk in the first place...

• AtomicPunk and UltraGizmo64 like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

So why don't you giblets sell your copy and leave the forums?

• Masher8559, dyz, Death2Drugs and 12 others like this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

• TakinThyBacon, RatedRviper and Jacob-B like this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year, everything rockstar said was a lie.
They told us it would have a great map, great music, great cops, great characters, great story, great online but in reality it is none of the those, it is a terrible game with many problems and I might consider selling my copy.

They did not lie, your opinion just differs from theirs, who defines what is "great"? Surely it is not you

• DeafMetal and Echolex like this

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

And why would he do that? He is making a fair point.

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

I agree Op, R* did not deliver. 

This game was ridiculously hyped.

• shadyslady, Marcuskac and Zroovy like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Because if you don't like a game, think it's terrible all around, and believe the devs lied about all those things... why would you keep the game and whine on the forums?

A few years ago I bought a Madden football game... 2007 or 08, I think... it sucked... didn't offer anything new from the previous year.  I was active on the forums, too.  But since I hated the game, I sold it and never went back to the forums.  Why would I?

• dyz, Antagonista, GTAVTheHeat and 1 other like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Even the TRAINS spawn/despawn as soon as you look/move away from them. 

That wasn't a problem in RDR. There was even a marker on the map showing where the train was at all times.

The game is bad, in many basic ways - ways we were led to believe in which teh game would be better/more advanced.

At the very least, it should have been advertised as online-only. offline players have no access to any of the patches/remedies, or all of the basic things that should have been on the disk in the first place...

man i dont know if its from the last updates or what not, but last weekend i was playing SP. But every car that would spawn was the same car that i was driving and it was like all weekend(havent played sp since). so strange.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I agree Op, R* did not deliver. 

This game was ridiculously hyped.

Hype only works on an individual basis. Here I'll help you, what you meant to say was,

"I ate up all the hype and ruined so many keyboards with all the drool to such an extent that there was no conceivable way it could live up to my wet dreams!"

Like I said, hype is all YOU!

• blakeney, GTAVTheHeat, Echolex and 2 others like this

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Because its their right to. If they want to get online and complain they can. Just like you can get on and crucify them for not believing like they do. The catholic churches do all the time. Why not.

But I also remember being promised something amazing also. I remember rockstar saying online will change the way online and videogames are played.

Remember they said the police system would actively pursue you for so many game hours after a crime depending on the stars.

The EXTENSIVE CUSTOMIZATION system for the guns and cars is dead on tho....wait??
  • RyanBurnsRed and Xx-ADITYA-xX like this

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Because if you don't like a game, think it's terrible all around, and believe the devs lied about all those things... why would you keep the game and whine on the forums?

A few years ago I bought a Madden football game... 2007 or 08, I think... it sucked... didn't offer anything new from the previous year.  I was active on the forums, too.  But since I hated the game, I sold it and never went back to the forums.  Why would I?

"This game has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year" - ONE, not THE biggest disappointment of the year.

"I give this game 2.69/10" - 2.69, not 0.00

I'm sure he can still live with the game. Although he has rated it 2.69, not 0.00. Therefore he believes GTA V still has a few advantages. 

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Am I missing something?  How does that video show the cops are bugged?  It seems to be working fine, that's what happens when your eluding them at only 2 stars.  I know the last clip is at 5 stars, is it the fact that cops aren't spawning out of thin air ramming the hell out of you?  To a point they do, but not to where it's ridiculous... 

To me, the cops are very realistic.  They do a goob job at constantly keeping you on their radar, especially at 3+ stars, which is their purpose.. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4A3pX_shcyU

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Spurned lovers aren't this bad.

• Echolex likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

So if you buy a car, and the car has 1 mpg and the salesman told you it was 40mpg are you just going to sell it with no question about it??

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

While I am suprised R* sarificed a lot of singleplayer for multiplayer. Aliens: Colonial Marines is still the biggest disappointment. *sigh* Even now just thinking about it....damn.

Almost a year ago today Dishonored was the biggest suprise in a video game and still one of my favorite games and hopeful franchises.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by MrIbby, 08 November 2013 - 09:04 PM.

They did not lie, your opinion just differs from theirs, who defines what is "great"? Surely it is not you

Only God can help you with your ignorance, if you open your eyes and pull out from rockstar's hind end, you will clearly see that this game was nothing but overyhped.

The problem with GTA V is that it tried to hard to be like other games.
For example.

Midight Club = Racing, Car Customization.
Red Dead Redemption = Special Abilities, Weapon Wheel, Physics, Map, Animals, Transition Cutscenes, Soundtrack, Online
Max Payne 3 = Gun Detail, Gun Physics, Weapon Wheel.
LA Noire = Car Physics, Player Physics, Car Handling, The game walks you down the stairs automatically, the game automatically forces you up a ladder
Bully = Taunts, Pedestrian Interaction
GTA IV = Activities, Internet, Etc.
GTA San Andreas = Map, Soundtrack, Characters (People thinking Franklin was CJ)
Saints Row = Taunting and Swearing (pointless game feature by the way)

AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

While I am suprised R* sarificed a lot of singleplayer for multiplayer. Aliens: Colonial Marines is still the biggest disappointment. *sigh* Even now just thinking about it....damn.

Almost a year ago today Dishonored was the biggest suprise in a video game and still one of my favorite games and hopeful franchises.

I would say madden 25 is, The other team celebrates when you win the superbowl. like wtf man lol

• BrunoTheBaker likes this

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Im also glad watchdogs was pushed back. They saw gta got a lot of disappointment from the fans(but not the review websites?) and they said well if we are going to release a game it better be sick and everything we said it was.

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Aren't games suppose to be a challenge? I mean that's why its called a game right?
  • dtsmucker likes this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by fwenshy, 08 November 2013 - 09:01 PM.

However is playing the game on the op's post is so painful to watch, they have the most jerky un-smooth style to the way they play. It reminds me of a friend of mine who is a gaming retard. They are trying to get away from cops driving at 30mph whilst hitting into every object. These videos are a complete misrepresentation to the way the game actually is. sure its got its problems but if you are a retard who struggles to use your fingers then this game will also probably seem sh*t to you.

ps. Thats also the most whiney bitchy voice ive ever heard. I had to mute it half way through.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

The game is a simple polished turd
  • Immigration and UltraGizmo64 like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

R* did lie about a lot of things, but the game deserves more like 6/10 to be honest.  1/10 for online mode

• AtomicPunk and Immigration like this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

R* did lie about a lot of things, but the game deserves more like 6/10 to be honest.  1/10 for online mode

6 hahaha good one.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Shouldn't you crybabies be playing the new CoD?

• dyz, Loxley, Sipediesel and 1 other like this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Shouldn't you crybabies be playing the new CoD?

CoD hahaha classic

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I couldn't watch more than ten seconds of those videos, that commentator is extremely obnoxious. Anyway, why don't you just pack up your granny panties and leave? We come to this forum to talk about GTA 5, not to just bash and hate on it.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by Murad96, 08 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

You tell me exactly what Rockstar said that wasn't in the game, and I will very carefully explain to you, why it cannot be.

• SAVILLAIN, iRodney and pte like this

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I couldn't watch more than ten seconds of those videos, that commentator is extremely obnoxious. Anyway, why don't you just pack up your granny panties and leave? We come to this forum to talk about GTA 5, not to just bash and hate on it.

I am giving the game some criticism.
You anti consumer a-wipes are not doing any of us favours

@Car Lover
You are an imbecile
You hate activision, yet lover rockstar, can you not see the irony and ignorance in that?
Rockstar pull the same BS that Activision and EA do.
  • 727gta and biggsull like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users