Photo

Profile viewing as guest

9 replies to this topic
Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Just noticed guests can view member profiles, they shouldn't have the ability to view a members profile by default.

Just a heads-up in case you're unaware :^:

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Why though? How does it make any difference other than guests not being able to view registered users' profiles?

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

It's not as if people have any secrets in their profiles, so why not let guests view it. I want to do that sometimes while I'm logged out, so I kinda like it this way...
  • StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

^agreed

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Seanathon, 08 November 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Lol people and their obsession over "privacy" on an open internet. Don't post it if you don't want people to see it.
  • skills likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Sorry OP but I gotta roll with the majority here, but guys I think he was just bringing it to out attention incase we didn't want it like that and something was screwed up. Just a concerened citizen.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, profile viewing required registration on the older forums so I guess that's where your suggestion stems from. I don't see a problem with the current setup though. Guests can view whatever they want; if they want to use the features, then they have to register anyways.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yeah, profile viewing required registration on the older forums so I guess that's where your suggestion stems from. I don't see a problem with the current setup though. Guests can view whatever they want; if they want to use the features, then they have to register anyways.

Profile Viewing was restricted on the new forums as well around the time it was upgraded.

While I preferred it when Guests could not view profiles I don't mind that they can now. As Werebot said, 'It's not as if people have any secrets in their profiles' and as Girish Said ' if they want to use the features, then they have to register anyways.' :^:

• skills likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by AceKingston, 09 November 2013 - 01:09 PM.

They still can't search your posts, you aren't really hiding anything from your guests. You can lists your interests but it is entirely your fault if you state something which you do not wish others to see in the interests page. That section, is after all, optional.

• skills likes this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by Gray Wolf, 12 November 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Why though? How does it make any difference other than guests not being able to view registered users' profiles?

Because profiles should be hidden to guests by default as they're private, any old user can walk into GTAF and see someones profile...

It's just a standard forum custom

Edit: I can see where you guys are coming from but still it's a thing the old board had.

ah push leave it as is if you seem fit :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users