Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you use a mic online?

85 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use a mic online (258 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use a mic online?

1. Yes (68 votes [26.36%])

Percentage of vote: 26.36%

2. No (63 votes [24.42%])

Percentage of vote: 24.42%

3. Only when I'm playing with friends (85 votes [32.95%])

Percentage of vote: 32.95%

4. Once and a while (42 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

It's not very hard. You get one private dance point for 3 button presses. It ticks every time you press left D-pad to get a dance so just accept dance, press Y for her to stop then get up and repeat.

Yeah I know it's not hard, lol still isn't a proper reason for doing it :p
Didn't stop wanes from being a meany.

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Why use a mic, all people want to do is talk sht or scream, if not that then it's some kid who's overly excited about robbing gas stations and liquor stores yet with even more screaming and voice cracking.. Aka a vast majority of gtao players...

Classy people don't use mics with the little public dredges of society. Nearly everybody using a mic is some obnoxious ghetto bastard or some spastic acne faced teen with a skinny stache. I only speak with people I deem worthy.

Lmfaoooo!

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Another major problem is 9 times out of ten I get in a lobby with french kids and usually the only english they can speak is "Feck your mum",it`s funny the first few times then it just gets irritating.Is that all they get taught to say in english in France or what?

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Skype.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

No. I only talk with friends in games and well, none of my friends like console much. Pretty much just waiting for Rockstar to stop being such gigantic assholes and release a PC version already.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I have a mic but I don't always put it on. I mostly only talk during missions. I don't like to chit chat with strangers in lobbies and such. I used to have Xbox Live friends who added me to play GTAO but ended up deleting them because everytime I would log on they would invite me to do something I didn't like, talk about sh*tty music or other sh*tty activities.

I'm a loner by nature so I only talk when it matters.

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

In a beautiful world where all gamers were mature sensible human beings maybe...but unfortunately some people's experiences put them off of constant mic use, especially with strangers.  In theory mic use should be fun and you're right it does help with teamwork.  I had some really fun times with previous friends (note the word 'previous') on mics in the past but now I hardly use it.  Today for example I got the mic out because one of my friends was on at the same time, but it just sat next to me.  I never put it on because we didn't get to play together and I wasn't interested in letting strangers hear my voice.  Sometimes it's also good ol' fashioned shyness.  I feel shy talking on mics to people I've just added as friends.  But especially when you're a female having a mic can add a lot of unnecessary drama to your life.

How is gaming with a mic a source of life drama?

Did you meet many of your boyfriends on Xbox Live?

This is old...lol...anyway.

Long story long....Some guys think I have a nice voice I guess (according to the guys that interact with me) :/  *shrugs shoulders*. The guys I come across online are attracted to it most of the time and I've had guys literally develop major crushes on me just from hearing my voice over the mic and getting a sense of my personality in real life (not on this forum) from that which is something else that they also like. Of course this has probably happened to a lot of female gamers and I totally understand why a lot of girls don't want to use mics; I had to learn the hard way.  There was a time when my dumba** used to give pics as well to both my female and male friends online, nothing compromising, just my face smiling or let them see me in vid chat which was a recipe for disaster.  The problem was some of these individuals were married.  Now those people I never let see me but my voice was enough.  Example...I was playing with a couple of friends (both guys) a few years back who I met on GTA IV.  They were so much fun to play with and fellow Americans which was cool for me because being here in Europe I hardly meet other Yanks online.  One was married and the other was single.  Once when playing GTA IV we all started laughing and his wife heard me and started pestering her husband about 'who is she, why would you want to play with a girl, why is she laughing like that blah blah blah'.  Now I was friends with them for quite some time. The single guy got a pic of me but the married one didn't (for obvious reasons; I mean I wouldn't be happy if I had a husband who was getting pics from some random girl !).  Although I do suspect the one told the other what I looked like because they were best friends but who knows. The married one would message and we did talk but nothing inappropriate.  Fast forward one day I log on and the person's wife is telling me to 'stay away from her husband, leave him alone'... I was like WTF! That's just one example of many dramas and the story continues on from that but this is already tl;dr length.

Gaming is a big part of my life and I do it because I enjoy it and its fun.  When I log on I want to have fun not argue with people or their family members or tell them I'm uncomfortable with their flirting because I might have been in a relationship at that time etc.. Another thing is a lot of guys treat me like I'm some sort of Agony aunt and tell me their problems; I hate my wife, my child has cancer, how do I pick up girls?.... Now I don't usually mind since I recognize that I have that type of caring personality that draws people to tell me their problems and I do console them and give advice but like I said I want to have fun from the stresses of my real life not sign off from online wanting to put a bullet in my head (slight exaggeration). And believe it or not when you're a girl/young woman all of that can come from a guy just being attracted to your voice. lol. So that's why. :)

Boyfriends online.....NO...I don't do that.  And I'm on PSN dear not Xbox Live.  Take care.  ;)

Classy people don't use mics with the little public dredges of society. Nearly everybody using a mic is some obnoxious ghetto bastard or some spastic acne faced teen with a skinny stache. I only speak with people I deem worthy.

True...lol. I Don't do it anymore...especially in GTA Online except with only three friends in my entire list.

• Scary Éire likes this

Hoosierdaddy76
  • Hoosierdaddy76

Are friends electric?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I only do on party chat.

This. Crew is pretty insular. Usually close match making and keep to ourselves.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Rarely, but when I do I use the Screaming Bee voice changer :evilgrin:

• Mr Pickles likes this

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

No. I find that people who use them do worse than people who don't. 

This is coming from somebody who plays a LOT of deathmatch.

Often, I'm the team carrier and people who are talking on mic are usually the ones who end up with more deaths than kills.

Perfect example yesterday, I was in a deathmatch with a crew member, and 2 other people. The game lagged and it was 4v1 (me, crew member and 2 randoms on mic (who clearly knew eachother)) v 1 guy.

Obviously my team won, and we voted on another deathmatch, this time, it was the 2 guys on mic vs me and my crew member.

I could of beaten them single handedly, they ragequit with 2 minutes left when they realised they wasn't going to win, my crew member also lagged out about 5 minutes in to the deathmatch. 

I was in free-roam and I had another invite to a deathmatch by the guys that just ragequit, this time it was me + 3 randoms vs the guys on mic + 2 randoms. It was first to 40 kills, we was running away with it to be fair, I ended up 20 kills 9 deaths, post screen this is what they said ' that was the first deathmatch I've lost in ages' (don't forget they ragequit the previous deathmatch) followed by 'TheStalked went 20 and 9, who does that? you're a hacker'.

• Viper9502 likes this

Barrago
  • Barrago

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

I don't, but mine's broken so I don't really have a choice lol.

• Mr Pickles likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Please. I'm always in party chat. Greatest thing xbox ever did lol. But I rarely play missions with randoms so I'm not screwing anyone.

Scary Éire
  • Scary Éire

Rat

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I use it, sometimes it's set to crew/friends only, other times it's set to everyone. Met some cool people through using it and had some laughs, also met some wankers. Overall it's best with crew only, but then you do miss out on the chance on meeting some cool people, that's why I mix it up.

• FirstLadyofGTA and Gail_Force like this

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I usually use my headset because it provides better sound for the cars and general gameplay. Only turn the mic on if in a mission and the people arent annoying, or playing with friends. I only hear friends and crew in freemode.

soulsaber01
  • soulsaber01

Man of Few Words

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I will occasionally, mostly when riding with other players.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I have a headset with a mic.

I only use the mic when it's absolutely necessary like The Last of Us. Otherwise it's muted. I have a high voice for a dude in college and I don't like people hearing it.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I have a headset with a mic.

I only use the mic when it's absolutely necessary like The Last of Us. Otherwise it's muted. I have a high voice for a dude in college and I don't like people hearing it.

djdest
  • djdest

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Whoever does use a mic, stop playing f*cking music through it!!!
It sounds like your speakers are made out of a cats arse
  • FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

OHHH NOOOO YOU'RE NOT GETTING ME THIS TIME! I SAW THIS WAS MADE ON NOVEMBER 8TH AND SOMEONE BROUGHT IT BACK FROM THE DEAD LIKE A DUMB ASS! CAUGHT YOU IN THE ACT THIS TIME!

And yes, I do use a mic. It's fun.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Only. With. Crew. In party chat.
I don't even use a mic with people on here; you never know who's on the internet.

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

No I'm a squeaker.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Whoever does use a mic, stop playing f*cking music through it!!!
It sounds like your speakers are made out of a cats arse

One dude had an AT&T commercial playing through his headset for some reason :whuh:

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by Dave Rizza, 26 February 2014 - 12:07 AM.

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

Unfortunately mic users are all tarnished with the "sqeeker" brush. I know not all mic users are sqeekers but in all the time i had my mic connected thats all i ever heard. That and grown white men acting like children and calling me " ni**er" and "Paki" etc even though i'm clearly white and Scottish. I used to use my mic all the time but these are the reasons i stopped and will likely never hook it up again to this game.

For what its worth... If you cant coordinate and coopererate in missions without a mic then i think your doing them wrong. Only problems i ever have in missions with randoms is when they deliberately try and fail or try to grief in some other way. Having a mic wont stop them doing that. It also wont stop "rambos" from thinking this is COD and storming the objective just to be shredded in seconds. If that happens then just finish the mission solo and let them watch or leave. 

Every mission in this game can be done solo therefore every mission in this game can be done without a mic.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

I don't even see any reason to leave mics enabled in the first place, Because 9 times out of 10, It's either a child talking/screaming or someone blasting annoying music

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

I always have my on, but I don't use it unless there are other people that are using it.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

I have mine on but it's very rare that I encounter anyone with a mic, either that or I've not got the thing set up correctly.

Potto
  • Potto

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

I haven't heard a single person speaking on here (I'm on Xbox)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users