Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you use a mic online?

85 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use a mic online (256 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use a mic online?

1. Yes (66 votes [25.78%])

Percentage of vote: 25.78%

2. No (63 votes [24.61%])

Percentage of vote: 24.61%

3. Only when I'm playing with friends (85 votes [33.20%])

Percentage of vote: 33.20%

4. Once and a while (42 votes [16.41%])

Percentage of vote: 16.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

• Viper9502, UTownBlackJesus and meezy4sheezy like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

I use Skype when I play with friends so that we can talk without dealing with any outside people butting in. Other than that, I'm silent.

• TimboSlice and vozi45 like this

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I only do on party chat.

• Hoosierdaddy76 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

No, and I'm not going to. You don't tell me what to do.

• Sir Winthorpe Herrington likes this

korn6499
  • korn6499

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Im new to the whole online environment in a game. I bought GTA 5 with no intention of playing online, but now I love online. Got me a mic turble beach px5, but like you are saying many people don't use one. GTA online was having all kinds of glitches, like kicking everybody out of your game and this happened right when I got the mic. Rockstar cloud servers were down too right when I got it, and I was anxiously wanting to see if it worked. Reading some other posts here other people had this problem, when the whole time I thought it was my mic not interfacing with online. I yet to know if it works, but the playstation audio does link up with it so I would assume audio out works too. Eventually I unplugged it, but seeing how it might not be the mic i'll give it a shot again to see if the damn thing works and the game doesn't kick everybody out.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

I voted yes....But only in jobs and only if the other people in the job are using mics...

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Only with a friend on private / party chat.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

I use Skype when I play with friends so that we can talk without dealing with any outside people butting in. Other than that, I'm silent.

Same for me. 

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

I do if the other person starts. Most of the time I don't though. There was one time where a gent just got into my car and he made GPS targets. I became his driver. It was cool doing that, don't mind it at all. When he left I found out that he was from another country. Spain I think. 

So he may not have spoke english at all. But it was all cool. 

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Gta c blows

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

In a beautiful world where all gamers were mature sensible human beings maybe...but unfortunately some people's experiences put them off of constant mic use, especially with strangers.  In theory mic use should be fun and you're right it does help with teamwork.  I had some really fun times with previous friends (note the word 'previous') on mics in the past but now I hardly use it.  Today for example I got the mic out because one of my friends was on at the same time, but it just sat next to me.  I never put it on because we didn't get to play together and I wasn't interested in letting strangers hear my voice.  Sometimes it's also good ol' fashioned shyness.  I feel shy talking on mics to people I've just added as friends.  But especially when you're a female having a mic can add a lot of unnecessary drama to your life.

• Scary Éire likes this

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

99% of the time only in party chat

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

In a beautiful world where all gamers were mature sensible human beings maybe...but unfortunately some people's experiences put them off of constant mic use, especially with strangers.  In theory mic use should be fun and you're right it does help with teamwork.  I had some really fun times with previous friends (note the word 'previous') on mics in the past but now I hardly use it.  Today for example I got the mic out because one of my friends was on at the same time, but it just sat next to me.  I never put it on because we didn't get to play together and I wasn't interested in letting strangers hear my voice.  Sometimes it's also good ol' fashioned shyness.  I feel shy talking on mics to people I've just added as friends.  But especially when you're a female having a mic can add a lot of unnecessary drama to your life.

Makes sense I guess. If you have Xbox it has a feature that can change your voice as you speak. Ive never tried it though so I'm not sure how well it works or anything like that.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Can anyone recommend a really good clear sounding mic?

Whenever I'm online, the other players sound quality is terrible.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I could see that being annoying. I'm guessing your on PS3 so you can't have a party chat or use the in-game phone and just chat using that?

I have a PS3 but I never really use it for games and have no idea how online communication works on it.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

No, in tribute to Claude.

• bonedeth667 likes this

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

It would probably be helpful to know what system you are on. I know the regular one that comes with Xbox works fine, sound quality isn't great but it's good enough for producing nothing but another persons voice.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

It would probably be helpful to know what system you are on. I know the regular one that comes with Xbox works fine, sound quality isn't great but it's good enough for producing nothing but another persons voice.

Ah sh*t, sorry lol

I'm on both PS3 and 360, but play mostly on PSN.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

I could see that being annoying. I'm guessing your on PS3 so you can't have a party chat or use the in-game phone and just chat using that?

I have a PS3 but I never really use it for games and have no idea how online communication works on it.

My friends and I play on both 360 and PS3 and PC. We just prefer skype really. I don't have a mic for my PS3 because I've never needed one and the one for my 360 broke a while ago. I'm not big on the whole 'playing with people I don't know' thing, so I tend to stick with my friends. 

• XclaudejohnsonX likes this

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

would if I could

Kids in bed - I play through the night - I would just keep waking them up.

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

I always have it on, but sometimes i dont speak, mostly when im playing/beating on Americans, and as a Brit i get alot of discrimination purely for that fact, so I kinda judge peoples racism before I talk haha happens way to often with yanks that seem to think their country is the best..
  • SCAR., NSanityHD, manicmechanic71 and 1 other like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

I have no mic.

And my character's parent is Claude so...

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Only Skype-to-Skype with friends...I'd rather not hear most of you high pitched little kids on the mic yelling and screaming, thank you very much.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids are playing GTA Online with mics as they do on Call of Duty, screaming at people... I for one DON'T want to hear it.

• Viper9502 likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I always have it on, but sometimes i dont speak, mostly when im playing/beating on Americans, and as a Brit i get alot of discrimination purely for that fact, so I kinda judge peoples racism before I talk haha happens way to often with yanks that seem to think their country is the best..

It's not racism. It's accentism. English isn't a race.
  • chatD4VIS-360 likes this

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

i only use the mic to put butt hurt people like the OP in thier place

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

I do, I was in a lobby with a bunch of people who had mics.  We were all just bullsh*tting, playing together and having fun.  Wish more COOL people had mics or used them.

• Buford T Justice, meezy4sheezy and Scary Éire like this

CAPZlock
  • CAPZlock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Once in a while*
  • Cant-B-Faded likes this

meezy4sheezy
  • meezy4sheezy

Meezy4sheezy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Yea it is annoying, especially when people don't know what the hell there doing. I feel like I'm shouting orders to a dog because no one is responding but I know they're listening because they obey the commands. 

I do, I was in a lobby with a bunch of people who had mics.  We were all just bullsh*tting, playing together and having fun.  Wish more COOL people had mics or used them.

Me too. Add me playa PSN: deemez

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by TJGM, 25 February 2014 - 08:30 AM.

You should bump more topics.

EDIT: This guy.. not sure if he's serious or not.

meezy4sheezy
  • meezy4sheezy

Meezy4sheezy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

any people with mics want to do missions that has at least a 50 rank add PSN deemez….and please be an adult. I'm too grown of a man to be plain with some young ass kids…. and why do little kids have to be playing this game? They should add an age and mic category to the online options. Leave all the kids and people with no mics in their own lobbies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users