Photo

How to play when you're a complete NOOB

3 replies to this topic
Amy0984
  • Amy0984

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I haven't played video games since Nintendo Super Mario Brothers, so when I tried out the new Grand Theft Auto game (my boyfriend LOVES to play - we have Xbox and PS3, but GTA5 is on Xbox) I found it incredibly difficult, though really fun! So I started playing quite frequently and actually became a bit better and didn't have to hand the controller off to have the BF complete all of my missions LOL. So when I got to the end of the game, and didn't want to just do parachute jumps or find spaceship pieces, I decided to try the online version. WOW...is all I have to say. I...am...brutally...awful. Seriously. I have no weapons (I realize they unlock as you climb up the ladder), my rep level is at a 5, and I am just constantly being killed. Nobody wants to play with me (do I blame them though?) and I have no friends because nobody that I know plays video games (I guess there aren't a lot of females that do??) It really is getting very frustrating and I don't want to give up but maybe I just don't have it in me, who knows? Any advice on what to do? I'm not trying to be a whiner....I'm sure (just from reading a lot of other posts) that many of you amazing gamers are going to look at it as such, but I'm really just trying to find a way to better myself so I can keep on playing. Please be kind LOL and just remember when you first began playing and how hard it was...even if that means you were 6 haha!! Any advice or tips would be awesome, and thanks in advance!!

Amy0984
  • Amy0984

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

K well whatever, just thought I'd ask for a little help, but apparently the gaming community is one huge clique and I'm just not welcome. I'll learn on my own, thanks.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Practice, practice, practice.

Automatic weapons are your friends, those white dots are not. Always use cover.

If you want people to play with then hop on your mic and say hi. You'll meet some creeps but also some great people to play with.

Check out the great tips on GTA forums.

You may have had no replies because your post is long and has no paragraphs. It certainly doesn't help. "Help I'm a noob, any tips? " might have been better received.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

If you want to rank up real fast, I suggest racing. I was at lvl 19 before I started racing, and now three weeks later, I'm at lvl 84!! So yea I would just race to lvl up quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users