Did anyone else sell their copy?

87 replies to this topic
Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, I will admit that GTA V clearly did not please everyone. Calling it a "failure" may be harsh though. Sure, it was overhyped by R* and somewhat overrated by critics, but there is still a somewhat positive fan reception and a good amount of broken records despite not quite living up to everyone's expectations.

• John Smith and Hooves07 like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

@General

*sigh* You're really clutching at straws here bro...

Did I say everyone loves the game? Nope, I said the majority do - which is supported by the endless polls on here, overall opinions on public websites, awards etc

But keep using this forum and it's many, many trolls to support your arguments if it helps...

• DeafMetal and ten-a-penny like this

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

I have thought about it several times. The lure of DLC has kept me here. Most of my friends have moved on to COD so im making new ones in the lobbies. 

If the Heists DLC is disappointing, ill probably move on. Im a big COD fan. It has it flaws, but I have the benefit of playing with most of my friends.

I'll probably be jumping ship either way after PS4 release, but if the Heists are fun I may keep the PS3 and GTA just to play them.

Shut the f*ck up about cod, this gta forums and no one cares about that sh*t
You pay £60 for recycles sh*t every year. Anyone who buys cod every year is a dumbass

hahaha! Struck a nerve. I play some games because I enjoy the game. Some games I play because I enjoy playing with my friends. 

I don't pay £ for anything as i spend $.

Grow up, you'll understand how to engage in an intelligent conversation.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by afk4ever, 08 November 2013 - 11:13 PM.

So, I'm a troll because I disagree with your selfish opinions?

Also, you shouldn't be going around hating on everyone when you joined this forum only 3 weeks ago.

Wrong again... been here for years... this account is only 3 weeks old.

If that were true, you would know much more about this forum.

I only joined last October, and even I know more than you about it.

I've been here 3 years. 4 if you count the fact that I was lurking a year prior to that. So both of you are newbs.

I wasn't referring to you...

smartass huh?

It's better than being a dumbass.

What made you think I was referring to you?

Selfish asshole.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by Hooves07, 08 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

I definitely want to love the game. What has me floored by R* is they didn't seem to BUILD on any past GTA or Red Dead Redemption.

It's my own fault, but I assumed you would be able to "kidnap" people (obviously no rope but with hand ties)

I also figured that bounty missions would regenerate like in Red Dead, Also same with random events...they don't respawn. Again I thought they would have a list of events and have them respawn in the world over and over again. It never got old to me...at least there was something going on or to do.

Raid on stronghold events they respawned as well...here the weed farm is the only thing I have found and it's a one shot. Without all this IMO Gta V feels very empty.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

I sold my PS3 copy.

Framerate is too low. The map isn't filled with too many things to do. Overall bland.

Anyone else?

(keep in mind that I completed the entire storyline, and that I am not saying this after an initial impression)

Nobody cares.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Also, you shouldn't be going around hating on everyone when you joined this forum only 3 weeks ago.

I've been here 3 years. 4 if you count the fact that I was lurking a year prior to that. So both of you are newbs.

smartass huh?

Selfish asshole.

reported.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by Official General, 08 November 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Yeah, I will admit that GTA V clearly did not please everyone. Calling it a "failure" may be harsh though. Sure, it was overhyped by R* and somewhat overrated by critics, but there is still a somewhat positive fan reception and a good amount of broken records despite not quite living up to everyone's expectations.

Achieving huge sales and breaking sales records does not automatically equate to the game being near perfect or living up to it's full expectations. That fact means nothing regarding much more closer critical reception of the game. Most people were always gonna buy the game first to find out how good it was.

In any case, huge sales for GTA V an inevitability anyway, it was a given, since masses of fans had been waiting years for it's release. 

• Lock N' Stock likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by fish61324, 08 November 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I sold my PS3 copy.

Framerate is too low. The map isn't filled with too many things to do. Overall bland.

Anyone else?

(keep in mind that I completed the entire storyline, and that I am not saying this after an initial impression)

Yes, I sold my copy as well. Mostly because online stopped working for me. My wife and I love playing co-op games, her PS3 is in the next room over... and I have not been able to get connected to anyone. So we both sold our copies GTA V and bought Borderlands 2 GOTY edition.... and we consider it the best move we've ever made, that has to do with video games. 

What's really awesome is that I'm a substitute teacher and my wife is a teacher (high school). Toward the end of classes (a few minutes before class ends), we talk to some of the kids about video games, and we tell them not to waster their money on GTA V. Who knows how many of their friends they talk out of buying GTA V and so on and so on.  We consider it our little revenge on R*.  Not that we are going to make such a big impact on GTA V sales.... but it helps a little bit. After getting screwed over by R* and all their lies :)     

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

Achieving huge sales and breaking sales records does not automatically equate to the game being near perfect or living up to it's full expectations. That fact means nothing regarding much more closer critical reception of the game. Most people were always gonna buy the game first to find out how good it was.

In any case, huge sales for GTA V an inevitability anyway, it was a given, since masses of fans had been waiting years for it's release. 

But winning the first publicly voted GOTY award so far equates to consumer critical acclaim.

Next.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Haha you just f*cked yourself over pretty good. Selling an amazing open world game like GTA V is a pretty dumb thing to do, if it were some boring linear first person shooter with no replay value it would be understandable, but GTA? 

I feel bad for you son  :lol:

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

I will never sell my copy. Ever.

Spoiler

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I will not sell my Copy, ever.

This game is amazing, even if it lacks some senseless repetitive Side Mission like Vigilante.

:^:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Nobody cares.

But you do. That's why you took the time to click on the thread and reply right?

If you didn't care you would have ignored it.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

I sold my PS3 copy.

Anyone else?

After getting screwed over by R* and all their lies :)     

Care to explain what lies?

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

No and I never will.

I have sold many of my old games but I keep all my R* games.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

I should

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

smartass huh?

Selfish asshole.

reported.

Reported for what? Correcting you?

I smell butthurt. 

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

I didn't sell my copy. Sure, the game is sh*t at the moment, but I'll wait a bit to see what content R* will release in the future.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

I didn't sell my copy. Sure, the game is sh*t at the moment, but I'll wait a bit to see what content R* will release in the future.

yeah, I thought of that too. But why do that? Sell your copy now, get your money back (or most of it anyway).... then buy the GOTY/Ultimate edition in the future. You'll have all the DLC and a fixed game :)

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

I sold my game because wheels don't come in chrome only alloy.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by aaronimpact, 09 November 2013 - 02:26 AM.

stupid computer.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

No, but last week I cancelled my preorder.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

This is still the best joke on GTAF

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Although I think SA is generally overpraised and sucked off too much on this forum I still have my PS2 copy I got in 2004. I'll never willingly sell/trade in any of my GTA games even if they're not my overall favourite. Would feel like missing a puzzle piece so no I haven't got rid of my copy of GTA V and probably never will.

I cancelled my cancelled pre-order and then cancelled that cancelled pre-order.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

The only games I ever traded in were La Noire and Metal Gear Rising. Big letdowns and I traded them towards The Last of Us.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

Don't sell your copies people, there is still room for improvement.

R* is bringing the Beach Bum DLC Pack that might contain some content we might like and a bunch of fixes, maybe even some good side missions/activities for the player to do.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

And there is lots more content to come.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users