Actual fastest sports car?

142 replies to this topic
Spexo
  • Spexo

Tread lightly...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Acceleration wise, I'd say Rapid GT. Raw speed, probably the Jester, but I'm not 100% positive because I've never even driven the ugly thing, not even in SP. But I have been beaten in races only by Jesters as of late. Elegy is also very fast when fully modded. Or even partially.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

In Super Entity, Turismo and Cheetah are the three best cars.

The Turismo and Cheetah are better than the Adder? Are you high?

He's not far off the truth. Cheetah can outpace Adder in most proper tracks (not highway rubbish). And if it rains Cheetah stomps Adder (and Turismo too).

In a place like Through the Grapevine they're very close in dry, and in wet Cheetah will leave Adder for dead.

Turismo - Maybe, under certain circumstances.

Cheetah - No way. Its not a bad car at all in terms of performance, but a good driver in an Adder will come out on top against a good driver in a Cheetah every time.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 02 May 2014 - 06:54 PM.

I've done testing mate. We try to find cars that are very close in overall laptime but different kind of strenghts to set interesting crew races.

In Through the Grapevine, in the wet, Cheetah lapped over one second faster. In the dry the gap was marginal, again the Cheetah on top.

Cheetah is a match for Adder in any track with some corners. And I'll tell you more, in the wet Cheetah was faster than Turismo around that track too.

Cheetah lacks some grunt but it has inmense grip and balance.

And that "maybe" when talking about the Turismo is a good joke. The situation is totally opposite. Adder needs VERY special layout to stand a chance agaisnt Turismo.

The House Chef
  • The House Chef

St. Ives Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Aren't the top speeds capped? If so wouldn't the fastest car be whichever acceraletes through its gears the quickest to reach this cap?

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

I've done testing mate. We try to find cars that are very close in overall laptime but different kind of strenghts to set interesting crew races.

In Through the Grapevine, in the wet, Cheetah lapped over one second faster. In the dry the gap was marginal, again the Cheetah on top.

Cheetah is a match for Adder in any track with some corners. And I'll tell you more, in the wet Cheetah was faster than Turismo around that track too.

Cheetah lacks some grunt but it has inmense grip and balance.

And that "maybe" when talking about the Turismo is a good joke. The situation is totally opposite. Adder needs VERY special layout to stand a chance agaisnt Turismo.

I can't really argue with the Cheetah because I haven't really tested it that much, but I know for a fact the Turismo doesn't quite match up to the Adder. I've done hundreds of laps around Cutting Coroners with both and the Adder is almost a full second quicker. Could be because I'm used to it, but then that's just another factor isn't it.

I can imagine it'll be a fair bit quicker around the Crastenburg track or Drift King or something similar though.

Buggy2825
  • Buggy2825

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by Buggy2825, 02 May 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Here's an interesting thought. Once fully modded, ALL the top sports cars are fast, some have literally higher top speeds and accelerations, but it is almost negligable. One factor the parts and the car can't account for is the driver. That being said, driver A might whomp driver B in car A when car B is statically better. Doesn't mean car A IS faster, but it definitely speaks to driver A and his/her abilities.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Acceleration -- Carbonizzare

Everything else -- Jester

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I can't really argue with the Cheetah because I haven't really tested it that much, but I know for a fact the Turismo doesn't quite match up to the Adder. I've done hundreds of laps around Cutting Coroners with both and the Adder is almost a full second quicker. Could be because I'm used to it, but then that's just another factor isn't it.

I can imagine it'll be a fair bit quicker around the Crastenburg track or Drift King or something similar though.

We had a time trial for custom supers around CC in our crew. Solo laps, no GTA race boost, no going off the track to start laps at top speed.

People tried all the top cars to see what to use. Best Adder time was a 54.6. Winner time was 54.1 in a Entity. When Turismo came out we had all these references so we tried the Turismo to see roughly where it was. Someone managed to do a 54.4. And I'm sure with more people trying it would shave more time.

And this is off-topic, but there's a car that managed a high 53 seconds lap. Elegy. No kidding, it's massive around there.

Back on topic, Turismo has the upper hand over Adder pretty much everywhere except highways.

Cheetah needs loads of flowing corners to get there (like Nurburgring or through the Grapevine). That, or some rain.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

stats on the social club show that both the carbonizzare & the jester have the top speed while the rapid gt has the fastest acceleration

of course I've heard other sites have the stats listed differently

ScottSteve101
  • ScottSteve101

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

My Carbo whips my friends comet. Both fully upgraded. Carbo has such fast acceleration it beats comet and coquette 9/10 times when I race friends

KifflomBroBro
  • KifflomBroBro

LOL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:11 PM Edited by KifflomBroBro, 23 February 2015 - 07:11 PM.

My Carbo whips my friends comet. Both fully upgraded. Carbo has such fast acceleration it beats comet and coquette 9/10 times when I race friends

That's because your friends suck at racing
  • Fozzie_420 likes this

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

Lord Tenebrous

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

ah god, this tread

and the carbo overall sucks, its only because the people who can handle it right are generaly good racers(they must be able to handle the car in the corners and avoid being pitted by it)

ndyerger
  • ndyerger

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

I think the fastest sports car now is the Massacro. The Elegy and Carbonizzare are both good picks for me, and I've seen excellent performance from other top racers succeed with Feltzers and Jesters. I found the Coquette to be fast, but it suffers in corners which limits it's usefulness in races. The truth of it is it doesn't matter which you pick, what matters most is the drivers skill. If you can handle one of these cars better than the others, use it for racing. I'm sure everyone will agree the best lap times require you to never crash, so you need something you can race cleanly with. It doesn't make for a good thread discussion but this is what it comes down to. Pick your favorite and race until you master the car.

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Check my sig and all will revealed

Intoxica7ed
  • Intoxica7ed

Rickdiculous

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Jester(Racecar) is the Fastest in sports right now putting up better averages on technical tracks involving all types of maneuvers. Straight away tracks is Massacro(Racecar). Elegy and Feltzer are the other top choices.

• Above Omnipotence likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:24 PM Edited by CrysisAverted, 23 February 2015 - 09:25 PM.

You know how they say the Veyron is the "fastest" because it reaches an incredible top speed?

What sports car has the highest top speed?

my money is on the Massacro Race Car

but funmw2 says the top speed is nerfed if your car has suspension upgrades,

so by how much?

KillinFr3nzy NL
  • KillinFr3nzy NL

Best GTA Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

The Schwartzer might not be that fast but it is good at taking curves and such. The fastest is the Carbonizzare IMO.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

You know how they say the Veyron is the "fastest" because it reaches an incredible top speed?

What sports car has the highest top speed?

my money is on the Massacro Race Car

so by how much?

The Z type has a higher top speed than the Adder!  It's the fastest car in the game

qik78u
  • qik78u

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

Jester(Racecar) is the Fastest in sports right now putting up better averages on technical tracks involving all types of maneuvers. Straight away tracks is Massacro(Racecar). Elegy and Feltzer are the other top choices.

I race a lot, i have 2065 wins 1174 losses with many of those losses helping crew members unlocking car parts, i have never been beaten by a Jester Race Car when I'm driving my Massacro Race Car

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

The Schwartzer might not be that fast but it is good at taking curves and such. The fastest is the Carbonizzare IMO.

Your opinion is totally ill informed

Hyperglide
  • Hyperglide

Addicted to Synthahol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

lol what a dumb bump.  This thread is almost a year old.  Carbonizzaire used to be PFP the best Sports car but now that the Jester and Massacro are out and the Race livery versions it's not really a contest anymore.  Also the Elegy is still dominant.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

Buffalo MK II

L337jonas
  • L337jonas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:58 PM Edited by L337jonas, 23 February 2015 - 11:03 PM.

You stupid people! The Carbo is THE BEST! You just have to get used to it! I agree that it slips and slides too much and drifts away when it is bumped. Give it a chance! It handles just like the 9F around corners when you know how to drive the freaking thing.
Stupid Stupid Stupid.

I hope you do realize that this thread is from almost 6 months ago.
I will never understand the nazis on this forum. Make a new thread, get b.tched at because there is an ancient thread about a similar topic. Bump an old one, get made fun of because it's an old thread. Jesus Christ can people please chill the f out and just click on threads you are interested in contributing to?

Anyway, on topic... I like elegys and I don't care who knows it. I have never owned a carbo or feltZer, but I want to, yet I feel I would still stick with elegy for races. I don't think its fastest as far as top speed, but handling and acceleration it is trustworthy as heck, so fastest may be an accurate word. Sports is one of the classes I do best in and I believe in leaving well enough alone, but I really wish I could drive the sultan well enough to contend in a race because it is most definitely my favorite car.
  • MilezDawg, Truth-Seeker76, CaliMeatWagon and 1 other like this

hangover_bro
  • hangover_bro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

You stupid people! The Carbo is THE BEST! You just have to get used to it! I agree that it slips and slides too much and drifts away when it is bumped. Give it a chance! It handles just like the 9F around corners when you know how to drive the freaking thing.
Stupid Stupid Stupid.

I hope you do realize that this thread is from almost 6 months ago.
I will never understand the nazis on this forum. Make a new thread, get b.tched at because there is an ancient thread about a similar topic. Bump an old one, get made fun of because it's an old thread. Jesus Christ can people please chill the f out and just click on threads you are interested in contributing to?

this guy gets it.
  • oleg_aka_djmeg and L337jonas like this

GERM!
  • GERM!

@

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

dont knock the comet til you try it

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

yes yes we get it you like certain cars and have beaten your mates using them because they crash...this doesn't mean in any way that they're the fastest sports cars...

https://docs.google....#gid=1687911233

top 5

1. Elegy RH8

2. Jester (Racecar)

3. Massacro (Racecar)

4. Massacro

5. Feltzer

now  a few of the cars people are saying are the fastest...

9.  Comet

11.Carbonizzare

13.Coquette

21.Schwartzer

FACEPALMS

• Above Omnipotence likes this

T.V. Eye
  • T.V. Eye

Trick

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:03 AM

so by how much?

If there's any info on how each suspension affects top speed and handling, I'd be REALLY appreciative if someone could point me to it.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:34 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 24 February 2015 - 02:35 AM.

Old test but shows Carbon being superior in straight line

More recent test shows the Jester has lost a lot of speed

G o d
  • G o d

The 1%

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

the 9f

Vanilla_874
  • Vanilla_874

Trick