Actual fastest sports car?

98 replies to this topic
Spexo
  • Spexo

Tread lightly...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Acceleration wise, I'd say Rapid GT. Raw speed, probably the Jester, but I'm not 100% positive because I've never even driven the ugly thing, not even in SP. But I have been beaten in races only by Jesters as of late. Elegy is also very fast when fully modded. Or even partially.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

In Super Entity, Turismo and Cheetah are the three best cars.

The Turismo and Cheetah are better than the Adder? Are you high?

He's not far off the truth. Cheetah can outpace Adder in most proper tracks (not highway rubbish). And if it rains Cheetah stomps Adder (and Turismo too).

In a place like Through the Grapevine they're very close in dry, and in wet Cheetah will leave Adder for dead.

Turismo - Maybe, under certain circumstances.

Cheetah - No way. Its not a bad car at all in terms of performance, but a good driver in an Adder will come out on top against a good driver in a Cheetah every time.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 02 May 2014 - 06:54 PM.

I've done testing mate. We try to find cars that are very close in overall laptime but different kind of strenghts to set interesting crew races.

In Through the Grapevine, in the wet, Cheetah lapped over one second faster. In the dry the gap was marginal, again the Cheetah on top.

Cheetah is a match for Adder in any track with some corners. And I'll tell you more, in the wet Cheetah was faster than Turismo around that track too.

Cheetah lacks some grunt but it has inmense grip and balance.

And that "maybe" when talking about the Turismo is a good joke. The situation is totally opposite. Adder needs VERY special layout to stand a chance agaisnt Turismo.

The House Chef
  • The House Chef

St. Ives Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Aren't the top speeds capped? If so wouldn't the fastest car be whichever acceraletes through its gears the quickest to reach this cap?

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

I've done testing mate. We try to find cars that are very close in overall laptime but different kind of strenghts to set interesting crew races.

In Through the Grapevine, in the wet, Cheetah lapped over one second faster. In the dry the gap was marginal, again the Cheetah on top.

Cheetah is a match for Adder in any track with some corners. And I'll tell you more, in the wet Cheetah was faster than Turismo around that track too.

Cheetah lacks some grunt but it has inmense grip and balance.

And that "maybe" when talking about the Turismo is a good joke. The situation is totally opposite. Adder needs VERY special layout to stand a chance agaisnt Turismo.

I can't really argue with the Cheetah because I haven't really tested it that much, but I know for a fact the Turismo doesn't quite match up to the Adder. I've done hundreds of laps around Cutting Coroners with both and the Adder is almost a full second quicker. Could be because I'm used to it, but then that's just another factor isn't it.

I can imagine it'll be a fair bit quicker around the Crastenburg track or Drift King or something similar though.

Buggy2825
  • Buggy2825

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by Buggy2825, 02 May 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Here's an interesting thought. Once fully modded, ALL the top sports cars are fast, some have literally higher top speeds and accelerations, but it is almost negligable. One factor the parts and the car can't account for is the driver. That being said, driver A might whomp driver B in car A when car B is statically better. Doesn't mean car A IS faster, but it definitely speaks to driver A and his/her abilities.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Acceleration -- Carbonizzare

Everything else -- Jester

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I can't really argue with the Cheetah because I haven't really tested it that much, but I know for a fact the Turismo doesn't quite match up to the Adder. I've done hundreds of laps around Cutting Coroners with both and the Adder is almost a full second quicker. Could be because I'm used to it, but then that's just another factor isn't it.

I can imagine it'll be a fair bit quicker around the Crastenburg track or Drift King or something similar though.

We had a time trial for custom supers around CC in our crew. Solo laps, no GTA race boost, no going off the track to start laps at top speed.

People tried all the top cars to see what to use. Best Adder time was a 54.6. Winner time was 54.1 in a Entity. When Turismo came out we had all these references so we tried the Turismo to see roughly where it was. Someone managed to do a 54.4. And I'm sure with more people trying it would shave more time.

And this is off-topic, but there's a car that managed a high 53 seconds lap. Elegy. No kidding, it's massive around there.

Back on topic, Turismo has the upper hand over Adder pretty much everywhere except highways.

Cheetah needs loads of flowing corners to get there (like Nurburgring or through the Grapevine). That, or some rain.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

stats on the social club show that both the carbonizzare & the jester have the top speed while the rapid gt has the fastest acceleration

of course I've heard other sites have the stats listed differently

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users