Actual fastest sports car?

98 replies to this topic
jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

This again? The Elegy is superior in Sports class. But the more that thinks otherwise, the easier for me..

It will handle at least 2 thirds of the Super class as well! 

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

franks buffalo.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

As an aside from the normal depths of ignorance these threads plumb and a nod to the ancient OP, I think the Comet is quite an underrated car.
It's not the fastest and it is tail happy but its more competitive than you'd have thought when driven well, considering how few people use it and how rarely it gets mentioned.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Maibatsu Penumbra

Electrik Slickety
  • Electrik Slickety

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

It's my personal opinion that if driven well, the comet could smoke any car on most courses. I drive a comet and 9/10 times I come in 1st! You just have to learn how to take the beast. I was in free roam drag racing an adder, I'm not sure if he was fully upgraded or not but he had a nice paint job so I am assuming he was, I smoked him! I was a bit surprised myself! There were 4 of us and I left them all in the dust! The adder came in 2nd. Plus if you learn to drift well with it you can catch anyone! Or you can out tuner tires and it doesn't drift quite as much I noticed
  • hentai_posse likes this

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well, according to Rockstar themselves, unless even their vehicle stats are wrong... the Carbonizzare and Jester have the highest top speed of ALL the sports cars and are actually the second fastest cars in the game (only 1 point slower than the Adder).

Well that's all according to the Rockstar Social Club...

Not true... The Alpha is faster than the Jester.
  • hentai_posse likes this

Liquid7
  • Liquid7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Elegy, fact.

• NFSSHADOW and MysterBeefy like this

Electrik Slickety
  • Electrik Slickety

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

There is a lot to determining what actually makes the fastest car
1. Drivers ability
2. Acceleration
3. Top speed
4. Turning radius (how quickly the car turns)
5. How much the vehicle slows down when turning
6. The terrain you test on (bumps, hills, ect...)
I feel as though many cars could be "the fastest" in the right hands, granted some cars are definetly faster than others hands down. Just keep all of these things in mind when you "test" which cars are the fastest. Unless someone does a straight out drag that's long enough for a car to reach top speed the. I'm not buyin it, the fastest car for me to drive is probobly the comet but of course it's all circumstantial

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I went 174.93 MPH in my 9F online.. Jus' sayin'.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

It's my personal opinion that if driven well, the comet could smoke any car on most courses. I drive a comet and 9/10 times I come in 1st! You just have to learn how to take the beast. I was in free roam drag racing an adder, I'm not sure if he was fully upgraded or not but he had a nice paint job so I am assuming he was, I smoked him! I was a bit surprised myself! There were 4 of us and I left them all in the dust! The adder came in 2nd. Plus if you learn to drift well with it you can catch anyone! Or you can out tuner tires and it doesn't drift quite as much I noticed

if the right person is driving a comet it is f*cking relentless and will win ever race. :D

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by elfoam, 02 May 2014 - 02:56 AM.

My brother only races the comet in sports class and practically never loses. It seems especially good on dirt roads.

I had to sell mine because its too wild for me. I have the Jester,Carbo and Alpha and on cutting corners over several laps I'm always fastest in the Alpha.. I can't extract the full potential from the jester or carbo but I can from the Alpha so even though its technically the slowest, its not for me. On the other hand for tighter twisty tracks I'm better in the carbo.

Can't stand the Elergy, it may be fast on certain tracks but its horrible to drive, you don't see many using it and its easy to see why. Overall for fun, sound, looks and awesome the Carbo is number one imho. Unless its raining.. I'd take the comet or corqutte next too.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:56 AM Edited by Smallo92, 02 May 2014 - 02:57 AM.

So for the guys who have tested lap times, whats the actual fastest sports car? Cuz my comet is lightning in a bottle.
If i keep it on the road n headed in right direction, i can wax carbos n coquettes n elegys.
Very risk/reward kinda car but man it flies.

Any thoughts?

Do a race that doesn't have catchup or slipstream on and your comet will be left in the dust.

Tawner
  • Tawner

Beast Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

For everyone claiming they can beat me in a comet, I welcome the challenge. I will not lose in my Elegy.

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

So for the guys who have tested lap times, whats the actual fastest sports car? Cuz my comet is lightning in a bottle.
If i keep it on the road n headed in right direction, i can wax carbos n coquettes n elegys.
Very risk/reward kinda car but man it flies.

Any thoughts?

doesn't free roam have a 150mph or kph max limit.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:28 AM Edited by Sh4d0wX32111, 02 May 2014 - 10:15 AM.

Elegy, fact.

I stopped watching after I saw the place the Carbon was at! The way he handles the corners with the Carbon is just bad, Im gonna test this track soon.

*edit* **** it never mind, Can't use the GTR apparently and the stats on his Carbon are really different from mine...

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Another deluded Grotti costumer proven wrong.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:16 AM Edited by Sh4d0wX32111, 02 May 2014 - 10:26 AM.

Another deluded Grotti costumer proven wrong.

Meanwhile the Grotti Supers are among the fastest in the game. I still stand by that the Carbon is the fastest sports, it may not take corners as well as the Elegy but it will certainly reach a higher top speed, also:

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Am I the only one who will vote for the sultan. It's free, its heist ready with being a four door, and fully modded it's fast as hell. And it's 4WD.
I sold my banshee to mod my sultan, my sultan wud wipe the floor with any sports. And some supers tbh.

Tawner
  • Tawner

Beast Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Some people seem under the impression this is a matter of voting, it isnt.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Am I the only one who will vote for the sultan. It's free, its heist ready with being a four door, and fully modded it's fast as hell. And it's 4WD.
I sold my banshee to mod my sultan, my sultan wud wipe the floor with any sports. And some supers tbh.

The question is "fastest" not best all around. Also I love my Sultan but is not faster then Supers.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:48 AM Edited by FasterThanYou, 02 May 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Unless Grotti had drag racing in mind (LOL at the idea), the Carbo is a total failure. It doesn't stand a chance against a good number of other sport cars.

Turismo is not too far from Entity, and Cheetah is really grippy and balanced, so it flies in the wet.

Grotti supers are far more competitive than the Carbo is in sports. Elegy, Feltzer, Jester and 9F are way faster, best it can do is squabble with Comets and other midfielders.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by senormidget, 02 May 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Carbo is most definitely the fastest sports car in terms of raw speed and acceleration.

Jester and the Elegy are easier to handle so therefore probably "faster" around a track for the majority of people.

I do think driven by the right person, a Carbo could easily beat a Jester or Elegy round the track though.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Jester and the Elegy are easier to handle so therefore probably "faster" around a track for the majority of people.

I do think driven by the right person, a Carbo could easily beat a Jester or Elegy round the track though.

Nope. Not even close. Problem is not that is hard to drive, problem is it lacks grip.

Dominator is a nightmare to drive but a good driver will match Ruiners and not be far from Gauntlets. Same thing with 9F, it os a nightmare but well driven it stays with Jesters and Feltzers.

Sadly that's not the story with Carbo. It's slow. Even at tracks like Dipping In that plays into its supposed strenghts, it falls behind. And the trickier the track gets, the uglier it gets for it.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Actually the Rapid GT is the fastest in sports class for accelation and speed, but it handles like a dog.

In Super Entity, Turismo and Cheetah are the three best cars.

In sports if you exclude the elegy because its nasty a lot of the other sports cars are very close including the sultan.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

I know this is about sports but to me the Cheetah is the most well balanced car in the game. Its amazing to drive.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Jester, Carbonizzare - highest top speed - fastest

Rapid GT - highest acceleration - quickest

According to this: http://donki.free.fr...dsc&by=maxspeed

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by elfoam, 02 May 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Thats the truth ^ I tested all the sports for Acceleration and the Rapid GT won. But like I said its still no good.

If its a drag race well then yes, you need the rapid GT :). Its actually identical in acceleration over half a mile to a Turismo R.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

The Turismo and Cheetah are better than the Adder? Are you high?

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Turismo, Entity and Voltic, yes. Cheetah, no. 

According to this: http://donki.free.fr...&by=avreage_mod

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

He's not far off the truth. Cheetah can outpace Adder in most proper tracks (not highway rubbish). And if it rains Cheetah stomps Adder (and Turismo too).

In a place like Through the Grapevine they're very close in dry, and in wet Cheetah will leave Adder for dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users