» «
Photo

Actual fastest sports car?

142 replies to this topic
Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by Craigson, 08 November 2013 - 02:21 PM.

So for the guys who have tested lap times, whats the actual fastest sports car? Cuz my comet is lightning in a bottle.
If i keep it on the road n headed in right direction, i can wax carbos n coquettes n elegys.
Very risk/reward kinda car but man it flies.

Any thoughts?
  • GERM! likes this

Buudah
  • Buudah

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by Buudah, 08 November 2013 - 02:23 PM.

The best racer Sports car is the Feltzer in my opinion.

The Carbonizzare might have better accel but it can't keep up with the handling of the Feltzer... also the Feltzer looks like it's straight out of hell.

Coquettes - fun for freeroam  (I replace with Voltic)

Carbo - same (voltic relaced)

Comet - same again... fun but not my racing pick

Elegy - wtf.. do I look like a poor legit person?

• willeyj likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Fastest Top Speed is Carbonizzare by a long shot, I believed. 

Once you fully upgrade it's acceleration, it can't be caught unless the guy driving it ****s up.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by GrndZero, 08 November 2013 - 02:27 PM.

The Elegy works fine for me. I come in first most all the time in races with it. It also has some really great customizations. I will say that I also love the Coquette and the Carbonizzar. I love the tail end fishiness of them. Great for drifting around corners.

• L337jonas likes this

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by Craigson, 08 November 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Once you fully upgrade it's acceleration, it can't be caught unless the guy driving it ****s up.

I can show u if u dont believe me. My comet waxes carbos off the line. All the guys i race couldnt believe it either.

Note*** legendary motorsports website says both comet n coquette can do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds n both have top speed of over 200mph.
It says carbo is like 3.8 secs n tops out at 198mph.

To add, stats on wiki or whatever r not correct. One of my buddies slways uses z-type when racing sports classics n it accels faster than the monroe. Seems u cant trust any stats. I donno

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

The Carbonizzare is much better than the Comet.  The fact that you're racing people who are worse/can't get turbo start/don't have as many mods, doesn't change that.

• Matty079 and boyerlicious like this

albertfish--
  • albertfish--

I'm busy changing the world

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Carbonizzare. It's obvious, bad cars don't cost almost $200k.

zskunk88
  • zskunk88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lots of testing here, the best to race/time trials is elegy simply because of her grip, its the same as super sports car. Not too far is second best the feltzer.

• tambo75 likes this

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

The Carbonizzare is much better than the Comet.  The fact that you're racing people who are worse/can't get turbo start/don't have as many mods, doesn't change that.

Really ? All of our cars r fully modded n they r good racers . Ill stop trying n keep dustin ppl w my elegy n comet

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Elegy kicks all kinds of ass.

And to beat an ass faced chrome plated door knob with a free ass Elegy is magic.
  • havingfunz likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Carbonizzare for me. Elegy's rear end seems to betray me while turning sometimes, especially if the turn is downhill + turning.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just stick with your Comet man.

Bagshaw10
  • Bagshaw10

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I have a comet it's ridiculously quick for 100k

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 08 November 2013 - 03:12 PM.

I can show u if u dont believe me. My comet waxes carbos off the line. All the guys i race couldnt believe it either.

Note*** legendary motorsports website says both comet n coquette can do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds n both have top speed of over 200mph.
It says carbo is like 3.8 secs n tops out at 198mph.

To add, stats on wiki or whatever r not correct. One of my buddies slways uses z-type when racing sports classics n it accels faster than the monroe. Seems u cant trust any stats. I donno

The Carbo is the fastest full upgraded, dude.  Comet comes pretty close, but Carbo is the fastest.

Legendary Motorsport stats are for show, the in game stats do not lie.

As someone else said, you're racing dudes who either are not as skilled as you, or they are not using a fully upgraded Carbo, or a combo of both.

If the Comet works for you, stick with it.  Simply having the highest top speed doesn't guarantee **** in a race.  I'm just giving you the facts.

• lRushdown likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

The Carbonizzare might have better accel but it can't keep up with the handling of the Feltzer... also the Feltzer looks like it's straight out of hell.

Exactly like you but I just added the rapid gt for free roam. Similar to the voltic but with the vroom vroom. Hands down feltzer is my all around favorite

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

You deluded people.

Surano. Surano Surano Surano!

How many more topics do I have to say this!

• Chaos69soahC likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Anything with chrome

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

The unsung hero of the sports cars is the Rapid GT.  I keep a fully modified Rapid and fully modded 9F Cabrio and depending on the race track I'll pick which one.  Rapid smokes the competition on tracks with lots of straights and sweeping turns.  9F does tight corners like a pro.

And without sounding vain, I rarely lose a clean race with the Rapid when using it on courses it was designed for.

MK3Blackhound
  • MK3Blackhound

prospect

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

my comet holds the fastest land speed record on my stats @ 145 or 147mph (cant remeber for sure). its faster than my fully modded Cheetah Corteque, 9F, Carb, and the Bati. I would think a fully modded cheetah or bati would fly past 145mph

but why cant i get up to 200mph? on Legendary Mortorsports they are measuring the cars top speed using K/mh.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

my comet holds the fastest land speed record on my stats @ 145 or 147mph (cant remeber for sure). its faster than my fully modded Cheetah Corteque, 9F, Carb, and the Bati. I would think a fully modded cheetah or bati would fly past 145mph

but why cant i get up to 200mph? on Legendary Mortorsports they are measuring the cars top speed using K/mh.

Offline you can reach these speeds. Not sure why it's not possible online.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

if your one ps3 ill take the challenge of your comet vs my elegy....

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'd say feltzer r rapid gt they both blew me away with speed and handling.I drive a bullet and I really love it but the rapid and feltzer r definitely better and cheaper. Feltzer is probably slightly better than rapid but I think the rapid is one of the best looking cars in the game.Comets r good enough but there light and it is very easy for someone to knock into u and make u spin out

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Cant go wrong with about 5 sports.

really it comes down to the track and the players skill.

Carbo, elegy, comet, feltzer, rapid, are all a toss up, its kinda how you prefer the car handles and how good you are.

there is no just amazing car that oh you have X car upgrade you got a win for sure. it really comes down to skill and also whether catch up is turned on or off. that matters a lot for performance because cars get unreal speed boosts for being behind first place sometimes this can help a low top speed high traction car a lot more then an already high speed low traction car. even I sometimes have issues with my carbo when someone pits me early and im trying to catch up with catch up on and im getting crazy fast speed boosts that make it a little harder to handle until it catchs up to the leaders.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Most sports class races I exclusively see the 9F and the carbonizzare with an occasional feltzer and elegy thrown in. I'm not sure if it's the fastest but I win more races with an un-upgraded 9F cabrio then my modded elegy. I haven't tried the feltzer because of how much I hated that car in IV but if R* improved the traction and handling since then I might give it a spin.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Pretty much agree with all of this  My first sports car was an Elegy which was very nice but I really wanted a Comet as I just loved the looks.

After getting the Comet it was just too much of a handful for me, when I got it right it was fantastic but every now and then it would just decide I needed to die...bit of a bummer that!

Sadly got rid of the Comet, tested the remaining sports cars I could around 'Thrills in the Hills' and found it was the Feltzer for me...Carbo was a close 2nd but that Feltzer does what I want when I want, if it crashes I know it was my fault and not the car.

Its a fantastic handling car! :)

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I've tried racing with all kind of sports cars.

The comet and carbo are the fastest accelerating, but success is poor because one touch, bump, pit and they are out of it.

Elegy, Feltzer and Coquette, I have a lot more success with, due to their weight and traction. They may not be as fast, but I find they are a lot more forgiving to bumping etc, therefore I have had a load more success with these cars than the carbo and comet.

Infamous_WarPig
  • Infamous_WarPig

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

host criminal record and try all of them one by one diff lap at least 2, so the second lap give you a real feel of  the hight speed  handling...

For me I tried Comet, Coquette, RH8 and Feltzer... my fastest lap is with the Feltzer...
They were all fully moded to the max :)

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Coquette is nicer looking I'm considering getting the comet though

Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

The unsung hero of the sports cars is the Rapid GT.  I keep a fully modified Rapid and fully modded 9F Cabrio and depending on the race track I'll pick which one.  Rapid smokes the competition on tracks with lots of straights and sweeping turns.  9F does tight corners like a pro.

And without sounding vain, I rarely lose a clean race with the Rapid when using it on courses it was designed for.

This..

There are alot of turns you don't even need to let off the gas for in the Rapid GT...its got crazy grip

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I prefer the more exotic looking cars, which is why I leaned towards the Comet and bought it. I considered the Banshee and Coquette but they really didn't stick out from the crowd. Performance shouldn't matter as long as you like the looks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users