To those who hit and run...

96 replies to this topic
KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

because it's fun starting sh*t with randoms.  

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

The worst one is being hit off of your bike and whilst your player is struggling to get back to his feet, the other player jumps out, grabs his gun and shoots you.

Mendelson Shape
  • Mendelson Shape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Just shoot everyone you see tbh. Yes, its a terrible way to play and id much rather make friends ingame to roll with, but they were only going to kill you anyway. I started out trying to do my own thing and if I met up with someone else in free roam I'd see if they wanted to partner up. Guess how that went.

So, after 40 or 50 random deaths, now I'm resigned to the fact everyone out there is a psychotic numpty and I just open up on any dot that comes within a block of me. I don't go looking for them, don't follow or wait around spawns, just kill and move on.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have the opposite problem.

I randomly kill someone. They send a 1v1 challenge. I accept. They jump in a car and run away. What?

GullyB
  • GullyB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Why are you walking when a white dot is speedball ing towards you? I kill everything heading in my direction. Better safe then sorry.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I don't want to get bogged down in a warzone. I'll kill you a few times but then it's on to bigger and better things.

As for death matches, we just did that and you lost.
  • beanzinapot likes this

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Its called a drive by for a reason...you don't stop to have a picnic..

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

I've got better things to do than measure dick sizes with some random scrub that I run over.

Except when you're the scrub right?

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Cause I just killed you. I'm not getting out my car to kill you multiple times again for a few minutes.

Plus that's the point of a 'hit and run' you don't stop. 

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

The worst are those who purposely roll up to a mini deathmatch and run over people who, by that point, are carless. Then they run away and come back again to repeat a couple minutes later. Never a shot fired. Just free roadkill.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Some random comes by and either shoots me or runs me over. I die. Fine, let's start a one on one deathmatch! Should be fu- *Your request was denied* I read after watching the white blip blaze away. 

Every. Single. Goddamn. Time. 

Now here's my question: Why?

1v1s are retarded its not an actual 1v1 it just messed up each of your radars and most of the time random others join in anyway and kill both because they have full radar still.

only noobs want 1v1s real pvpers just go after the guy without needing to try a stupid 1v1.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

It's just a consequence of standing out in the open like sheep in a city full of crazed criminals. Most people just look at it as a funny thing to do in passing. Don't take it too seriously.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

f*ck you guys, I do that. Why? Because someone thought it was a good idea to do it to me with no repercussions. It just so happens that there is repercussions and in such a way that you never see it coming.. Literally.  But if I do it, I usually have a good reason, that and if they come for me then great because we got a good fight on our hands.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 10 November 2013 - 01:28 AM.

It's just a consequence of standing out in the open like sheep in a city full of crazed criminals. Most people just look at it as a funny thing to do in passing. Don't take it too seriously.

Yeah, for some reason a lot of people take being killed by someone in free roam personally.

I can see getting annoyed if someone is spawnkilling you over and over, but not when some random player decides that you'd make a nice speed bump. Don't like it? Then don't go AFK in the middle of the street!

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

I don't get why people are so serious about this. All the people complaining about hit and runners are acting like they've never played an online game and gotten obliterated by a cheap kill. It happens, move on.

That said, I don't actively go after people unless they screw with me or my friends, but if the point here is that people are bumhurt from another player exercising an unfair advantage then why the tears? This is a game that does everything short of encouraging you to go after the weak and defenseless (sometimes it does encourage you, too), and it's a part of human nature besides.

If I want you dead, then I'm going to kill you one way or the other and then try to prevent you from retaliating. If you're on foot and I'm not, expect to meet my bumper. If I'm on foot and you aren't, expect a rocket.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

I like a good car chase so I like to ride up on people, shoot some shots off in their direction, then high tail it to see if they want to try to get me... IF I kill them while I do that, then oops.. they can still come get me tho. lol 

rebelsaurusrex
  • rebelsaurusrex

Lost MC patchmember

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

Because why else did I buy a Sandking XL?

Running people over is just plain fun. Why would I then stick around so you can auto lock onto me and kill me, thats just dumb.

The best ones are people who are just hanging out on the block, drinking a beer then *bump bump* and now there a twisted mass of broken bones and bloody flesh.

Oh yeah I forgot we are all suposed to hold hands and sing songs together.

But honestly, yes killing someone then hiding in your safehouse is a dick move.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by AzraelX, 10 November 2013 - 02:25 AM.

When someone asks me for a deathmatch, I might spawn kill them until they quit or manage to escape, assuming I'm not busy with something else. That's enough of a deathmatch.

I'm not going to accept an official deathmatch when it prevents me from seeing the other players on the radar, but they can still see me. I know I have no allies in the session, but I have no idea who you might be in party chat with, going "Hey guys, come in here and help me teach this guy a lesson. He won't even be able to see you coming!"

I've only accepted 3 of the countless deathmatch requests I've gotten.

The first one was me being an idiot because I didn't know how it worked yet, but luckily the other guy was especially terrible and had apparently never heard of using cover.

Second one was because the only other player nearby was also killing the same guy as me (and had specifically avoided killing me), so it gave me a strategic edge to hide the third player's blip from our radars.

Third time was because he had managed to escape my spawn killing and started to make a run for it, towards other players. Accepting his deathmatch invite forced him to stop running away because it was in his best interests to face one opponent who he knows the location of instead of 5+ opponents that are hidden.

Other than that, I'd never accept a deathmatch request if it could potentially disadvantage me in any way. Not knowing where any of the other players are is a risk I'm not going to accept lightly.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

I've got better things to do than measure dick sizes with some random scrub that I run over.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Excuses. you've all got um. You run cause you're wankers...simples.

I'd run you over just for saying "wanker"
  • IHerbert likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

If its a full server and they run away from me I'll just set a $5000 bounty on them to get a few people after them. As soon as someone gets him, I'll immediately set another $1000 bounty. As soon as he dies again, I'll set another $1000, and so on for a few more deaths. This generally gets the eye of a pretty good amount of people (and a few "he must have pissed someone off"'s in the server, so within about 10 minutes there's a pretty hectic gunfight going on around the person and their personal vehicle is almost always destroyed at this point. Usually a pretty effective way to get someone to rage quit, often resulting in some pretty funny messages and microphone bitching.

thatcrazypenguin
  • thatcrazypenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

exactly, if I see you and kill you chances are its a random encounter, doesnt mean I want to spend the next half an hour of my gametime focusing on killing 1 player.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by Odesza, 10 November 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Some random comes by and either shoots me or runs me over. I die. Fine, let's start a one on one deathmatch! Should be fu- *Your request was denied* I read after watching the white blip blaze away. 

Every. Single. Goddamn. Time. 

Now here's my question: Why?

Because it's usually hilarious when people send one on one requests after you kill them, usually because they are upset.

1v1s are horrible in this game in free roam anyway.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

Because they are pussies.

What he said!

thatcrazypenguin
  • thatcrazypenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by thatcrazypenguin, 10 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

Because they are pussies.

What he said!

and your not a pussy for crying about being killed in a video game? theres nothing funnier then when I kill some random in this way and get an expletive filled message because I didnt accept there deathmatch...........confirming they are nothing but a little child upset over a video game death....lol

again why would I want to waste gametime on some random I happened to kill when the opportuniy came up? trust me your not that important to me lol if you want a `deathmatch` find me in free roam....though ill probably just kill you again and the tears will be all the more

AlmightyLoso
  • AlmightyLoso

Free Max B

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

This. If you want revenge so bad come & find me.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

1v1's are pointless, Can't see anyone else on the radar but the guy you are fighting, Anyone can just run up and kill you. When I receive them I usually assume it's just a COD noob mashing the wrong respawn button after i have flattened him.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I don't run random people over, but sometimes when I pass them and they start shooting at me makes me wonder if I should have. I'm fine with the decision. Most of the time I don't mess with anyone if they don't mess with me first, except for bounties and accidents. If some random shoots at me or tries to run me over I'll hunt them down.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

This but in not so many words.

This.

That

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:14 AM Edited by Teckyy, 10 November 2013 - 05:14 AM.

People complaining on a forum about people hitting and running them are worse than the people who hit and run lol

Why do you need to start a death match? Go hunt that hit and runner down and punish them. Making threads doesn't help anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users