Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to really enjoy GTA, especially free roam.

51 replies to this topic
beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Great idea, is there a club for people who play w/o radar and HUD?

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

All the people being assholes, you can f*ck off already.

Anyways OP I love to do this in SP. Did it a little in MP but it leaves you at such a disadvantage but the freed up space and the immersion make the game so much better.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'd do this if having players constantly murdering me out of nowhere and not being able to defend myself from spawn camping were my ideas of fun.

As others have said, if you're playing in public sessions then this just isn't feasible. Doing it with just friends and crew would probably be fun though.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

its hard to get lost unless ur an idiot, the whole map is an island.... think about it for a second

i played a part of SP without hud..  i can assure you it's very possible to get 'lost' ..  not for hours but i had a lot of 'where the f*ck am i' moments especially after taking shortcuts or escaping police.

online however, as much as i'd love to turn off the map, it's just to big of a disadvantage imo.  and you can't see where your friends are. or who your friends are.. i'm glad you enjoy it tho, OP.

Agree.

I'd do it if everyone else does it, but if I am the only one to do it then I am at a great disadvantage. You might as well ask me to play blindfolded and give everyone night vision goggles.

• Shmiqq likes this

Hahn
  • Hahn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

they should make hudless only servers

Hardcore mode. No HUD at all and you never heal.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Who cares if you are at a disadvantage... if you read his post the random guy appearing out of nowhere and getting in a shootout added to the experience. This disadvantage to him was an advantage as it gave an element of surprise to the game that it didnt have before. How fun is it to play through an ambush if you know exactly where the ambush is coming from and how it is going to take place? Having the no hud makes you have to pay attention and be on the look out for enemies and other players. And when you encounter other players you will have to deal with it accordingly. 

Put your ego down for a moment and play with a disadvantage.... might bring some extra life into a good game. 

• D_Marco and BILLHICKSISDEAD like this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

Who cares if you are at a disadvantage... if you read his post the random guy appearing out of nowhere and getting in a shootout added to the experience.

I'd do this if having players constantly murdering me out of nowhere and not being able to defend myself from spawn camping were my ideas of fun.

Antihero1945
  • Antihero1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

wtf is DNR?

Duns N' Roses , you know the band ?

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

i play with my dick.... 

on the HARDEST difficulty

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

Who cares if you are at a disadvantage... if you read his post the random guy appearing out of nowhere and getting in a shootout added to the experience. This disadvantage to him was an advantage as it gave an element of surprise to the game that it didnt have before. How fun is it to play through an ambush if you know exactly where the ambush is coming from and how it is going to take place? Having the no hud makes you have to pay attention and be on the look out for enemies and other players. And when you encounter other players you will have to deal with it accordingly. 

Put your ego down for a moment and play with a disadvantage.... might bring some extra life into a good game. 

I'm glad someone gets it.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

start a invite only game, get some friend, and do things like this

http://rsg.ms/1hamU1I

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

I wish no players showed up on the radar. imo that would be awesome you actually have to find someone to grief them and spawn camping would be non existent. the game would be 10x better if everyone had no radar.

• Gasmasks likes this

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

The only way I would do this is if there was a FRIENDLY FIRE OFF mode.

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

don't need hud or radar

"I can feel their presence"

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

f*ck man, I hardly know where I am half the time with the GPS on

BILLHICKSISDEAD
  • BILLHICKSISDEAD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I wasn't even aware that this was an option. Thank you for making my GTAO experience even better. Sounds like you and I have very similar ideas about gaming.

On a sidenote, I am astonished by the moronicisim™ on this forum. Seems to be getting worse everyday.

• D_Marco and Gasmasks like this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

its hard to get lost unless ur an idiot, the whole map is an island.... think about it for a second

Why do guys like you always bring small penis syndrome onto threads? Just because you were (un)gifted with a tiny member, does not mean you have to go through life slating other people. The OP has a good idea here and wanted to share it with people that may or may not be aware of this sort of thing.

Needless to say, thanks for the heads up OP. I didn't know that we could do this at all, I'm going to give it a try later on, probably in a invite only session among friends who won't slaughter me while I'm dis-orientated haha!

• Always_A_Medic likes this

BILLHICKSISDEAD
  • BILLHICKSISDEAD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Why do guys like you always bring small penis syndrome onto threads? Just because you were (un)gifted with a tiny member, does not mean you have to go through life slating other people. The OP has a good idea here and wanted to share it with people that may or may not be aware of this sort of thing.

Don't even bother with them. They aren't here to share ideas or enhance anyone's gaming experience. Just immature dullards desperately seeking attention.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Don't even bother with them. They aren't here to share ideas or enhance anyone's gaming experience. Just immature dullards desperately seeking attention.

It's just a pathetic cry for help. The OP is trying to enlighten people to a possible differentiating gaming experience and some small pecker nerd shows up trying to cut him down. I'm sick of reading things like that on this forum and I haven't been around for that long either, that really says something. Freedom of speech really kicks itself in the crotch when you have spastics like that lurking around to cut people down at every corner. Definitely a candidate for when I have a time machine.. I'd go back in time and punch his mother in the stomach at full force. That'll solve his problem, and even if it doesn't.. I'm sure it'd prove to solve something in this inferior cretin's attitude.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

a whole server of no radar or hud would be awesome

And you only get 1 life - no respawning!! to respawn, you'd need to restart a new session.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I like this idea but i would also like it if you could press down on the d-pad and still get the hud for when you need it because of assholes greifing you, a sort of happy medium.

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by FaFidOLL, 24 November 2013 - 04:22 PM.

rose covered glasses alert

your grasping to bring new life to a dying game

they had us entertained for awile

they're using us as beta testers...5 years of it...so get ready for a LONG ride

cockstar said we will b playin GTAO for 5 years!     ..

shoulda made GTAO a small city ..PACKED WITH GOODIES...not massive with a few players SEARCHING FOR ADVENTURES and forced to do things like this to enhance it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users