Photo

Bounty on your head? Go wait it out in your appartment

51 replies to this topic
AnthonyHelmsley
  • AnthonyHelmsley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

I hide in my apartment because it bothers people like you. 

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

The whole bounty system severely contributes to piss poor online community this game has. I know all online-communities have pretty much devolved into asshattery on top of asshattery, but creating a system that allows players to profit from being an asshat only creates more asshats. Personally I've stopped caring. I no longer even join non-private rooms. If it's not some guy in a tank blowing up everyone it's some six year old (whos partents should be in jail) yapping away about how big his tittays are... 

Friends and Friends of Friends is the only way to go... 

dvsntt
  • dvsntt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

No way, I love it. It's a lot of fun to have people after your ass and use your cunning to escape and survive. I play it up and give the bounty hunters a good run if I can, but I always get it in the end.

ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Lol, I'm smokin a bowl if you see me in my apartment with bounty ;P

glad to see that im not the only one :) :) :)

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

I wait behind the wall next to the entrance of the $400k tower when I have a bounty on me. i kill every bounty hunter until I need to call lester and remove my wanted stars. i don't care about being killed or collecting $2000 for hiding for 48 minutes. i still have a kd ratio over 2.

if someone was really griefing me I time it to where im going in my garage before they can get a kill. then boom goes the sticky bombs and i get hate messages on the fake cell phone.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

You know what's fun?  Making a GRAND ESCAPE on a subway train.

• ThatRandomGuy42 likes this

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

TnLRFG3.jpg

Ok this made me laugh. It fits the "badasses" who aren't "p*ssies" around here so perfectly.

Honestly, some people just don't want to play the game being hunted. If you enjoy that then great but who are you to tell others what they should want to do? Also, the fact that you have to pay the insurance on your PV messes it up too.

So instead of trying to outrun people in my entity and having fun with it I'm now having to risk 10k of my own money when I can't hide off radar and people relentlessly coming after me regardless of if I kill them over and over. Yeah, how dare I not love the bounty system?

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by crashhat69, 08 November 2013 - 07:26 PM.

it seems like mostly everyone that gets a bounty put on their head goes straight to their apartment now days. 

dvsntt
  • dvsntt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Oh I'm going to try and board a train next time a bounty is on me and see if I can last longer, and pull off some kills that way.

Skoader
  • Skoader

Session Captain

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I deliberately jack cars looking to get a bounty. One of favourite parts of FM. I've had some great chases particularly while riding the train. The real pussies are the ones that collect the bounty, spawn kill you, retreat to a safe distance and then leave the session when you approach. :/

• Tenebriox likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Lol, I'm smokin a bowl if you see me in my apartment with bounty ;P

Exactly... If I got a bounty and I am playing.. Ill run around and have a fun chase, but If I want to toke or make some grub hello crib here I come. And if making food lasts the rest of the bounty time? Then so be it.... I get that bounty for makin some grub or hittin the hash. 

A ti nail takes a moment or two to heat up so y'all just gotta wait sometimes. 

Adecool
  • Adecool

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

am i the only one who just lets myself get killed when the bounty is on me to get it over with. 

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

am i the only one who just lets myself get killed when the bounty is on me to get it over with. 

Erm.....yes? :p

But seriously, I know what you mean. It feels like a death sentence sometimes!

Having said that, I have survived two bounties without hiding out in my apartment - although I've done a lot of running.

Best bounty survival was my friend. He picked up a bounty because he shot some guy that just spawned before he even got to his controller. We had just started to attempt the five gang-wars in 24 hours achievement. After berating him relentlessly (for shooting an unarmed stranger and jeopardising our gang war achievement) we had to spend the remainder of the game day trying to dodge enemies and also complete the gang wars. Worst was the fifth and last gang war with just one hour of the day to go. Five blips were hanging around the area (Sandy Shores) for no particular reason. Luckily we completed the gang wars and helicoptered out of there! The bounty finally cleared while we were defending ourselves against a jet fighter bombing the buildings on the pier we held as our last stand.

It was a quality moment but so very rare due to the game design.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Why do people do this? Maybe if they are a skint legit player, and the bounty was $9k I would kind of understand... but you get people doing it for just a few grand when there is so much fun to be had.

My personal favourite is getting myself in a high position after strategically placing a sticky bomb and sniping the bounty hunters

I'm so disappointed by the fact that you can't hide in GTA: Online.

I mean - yes, you can wait a bounty out in your apartment for 24 hours - but you can't hide. Everyone can see exactly where you are.

It's because of the rudimentary "blip" system that people decide to wait out the 24 hours in their apartment.

Either they have to spend 45 minutes checking for blips coming, like a paranoid nut, and racing around the map - or they can accept they are about to be killed and attack people over and over until they inevitably die.

Some people don't want to get killed - they would prefer to live and be awarded the bounty for pride reasons. So they hide in the apartments.

Change the blip system, and people would be coaxed outdoors far more often. That's the solution in my opinion.

Well put. I hate the fact that you can see all players on the map. To make things even better, Lester has an ability to show people on the map, so if you do decide to hide yourself some f*ck out of the 15 chasing you can just call him up and completely negate that effect(at least I am pretty sure from experience, not 100% but this is how it seems but correct me if I am wrong).

It really takes a lot of fun out of the game. I was looking forward to being able to hide around the city or blend in with pedestrians by driving around mundane cars or just chilling in a random spot looking like an NPC.

People would be much more inclined to go out with bounties, and hunting them would be that much more fun. If anything it should be the complete opposite, having to call Lester to show bounties or other players for a minute and then have to actually try to track them down while they're on the move.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

Adecool
  • Adecool

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Well put. I hate the fact that you can see all players on the map. To make things even better, Lester has an ability to show people on the map, so if you do decide to hide yourself some f*ck out of the 15 chasing you can just call him up and completely negate that effect(at least I am pretty sure from experience, not 100% but this is how it seems but correct me if I am wrong).

It really takes a lot of fun out of the game. I was looking forward to being able to hide around the city or blend in with pedestrians by driving around mundane cars or just chilling in a random spot looking like an NPC.

People would be much more inclined to go out with bounties, and hunting them would be that much more fun. If anything it should be the complete opposite, having to call Lester to show bounties or other players for a minute and then have to actually try to track them down while they're on the move.

wtf have u seen the size of the map? having no player blips would make online feel empty and lonely. it would be like playing campaign basically. also it would make it easier for trolls to camp out areas and kill people, and the bounty system would be useless because no one would ever find the person who has the bounty, ever. 

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Why do people do this? Maybe if they are a skint legit player, and the bounty was $9k I would kind of understand... but you get people doing it for just a few grand when there is so much fun to be had.

My personal favourite is getting myself in a high position after strategically placing a sticky bomb and sniping the bounty hunters

I'm so disappointed by the fact that you can't hide in GTA: Online.

I mean - yes, you can wait a bounty out in your apartment for 24 hours - but you can't hide. Everyone can see exactly where you are.

It's because of the rudimentary "blip" system that people decide to wait out the 24 hours in their apartment.

Either they have to spend 45 minutes checking for blips coming, like a paranoid nut, and racing around the map - or they can accept they are about to be killed and attack people over and over until they inevitably die.

Some people don't want to get killed - they would prefer to live and be awarded the bounty for pride reasons. So they hide in the apartments.

Change the blip system, and people would be coaxed outdoors far more often. That's the solution in my opinion.

I'd suggest something like having bounties showing up as a search radius on the map, rather than an exact pin-point position. Once you get to the search radius you simply know they are somewhere within the radius. If they move away the search radius could update every one minute or so, and you could hone in your tracking further.

This would be assuming blips are removed from the radar by default.

Would make a more exciting experience for surviving or actually hunting a bounty.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you want to kill people so bad, kill them.

Or go steal a helicopter and get a high bounty put on you and fight off people. It's much more fun.

I always forget I have a bounty on my head after a while and get killed, lol.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yup any time i get a bounty i post up and start sniping.  Or drive around in my infernus and auto pistol people who come try to get me.

But yea i think people who do this are stupid.  Im thrilled when i get a bounty.  When i get a bounty my KD goes through the roof.  Allt he people i was chasing now come to me.  Makes it hella easy to get a lot of kills. 

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is something I need to try.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

This is something I need to try.

It's very fun, had two guys chasing me in a Buzzard in north Los Santos and I found a Subway entrance nearby.  I ran inside and down the stairs to the platform, lucky for me the train had just arrived and was coming to a stop.  I stepped inside and waited for the train to go, at this point the two guys had landed their chopper and were going down after me.  The train FINALLY began to move just as those guys were on their way on to the platform shooting at me.  I took one of them out as I was getting away on the train and I managed to escape.

Diggerdoug
  • Diggerdoug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

30 minutes to keep 9,000? whats the point, even if you have no money you can sell one car for 9,000 instead of trying to sit it out to collect it yourself. At very least jump into a session with and friend and let them kill you.

Sit in your appartment! wtf if you have an apartment whats 9k anyway. Anyone that sits out a bounty should go to a ''yellow belly coward lobby'' along with people that quit missions or call lester to drop the cops to often. :)

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

WELCOME TO THE TERRORDOME.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

A hacker set a bounty on me this morning for 2 mil...I waited it out... :whistle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users