Photo

Bounty on your head? Go wait it out in your appartment

51 replies to this topic
BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Why do people do this? Maybe if they are a skint legit player, and the bounty was $9k I would kind of understand... but you get people doing it for just a few grand when there is so much fun to be had.

My personal favourite is getting myself in a high position after strategically placing a sticky bomb and sniping the bounty hunters

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've only gotten bounties set on me, due to NPCs. There is no point in giving people a bounty, when I didn't do anything to actually deserve it. 

It's not fun driving around with a bounty, when the first thing people do is try and blow up your car with sticky bombs.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

just make a slow run to the airport, and grab a titan, then make an epic take off while they fail to sticky bomb you

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Lol, I'm smokin a bowl if you see me in my apartment with bounty ;P
  • ElBarrioKing and IOMDutch like this

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

I usually gauge the lobby i'm in. If they seem like they will go STRAIGHT for me, frothing at the mouth, you bet your sweet ass Ima hang out in my apartment. A special type of entertainment comes from wasting other people's times, while I browse the web. 

If the lobby seems like they're cool and only will go for the money if I'm close by, yeah, I'll stay outside, they seem like fun to play with.

ShadesofBlue
  • ShadesofBlue

Blue

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Usually I'll just drive myself straight towards others to save myself the frustration of being killed while in the middle of something. Earlier in play when I had less money I used to do this, so that would be my guess as to why others do.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Why do people do this? Maybe if they are a skint legit player, and the bounty was $9k I would kind of understand... but you get people doing it for just a few grand when there is so much fun to be had.

My personal favourite is getting myself in a high position after strategically placing a sticky bomb and sniping the bounty hunters

I'm so disappointed by the fact that you can't hide in GTA: Online.

I mean - yes, you can wait a bounty out in your apartment for 24 hours - but you can't hide. Everyone can see exactly where you are.

It's because of the rudimentary "blip" system that people decide to wait out the 24 hours in their apartment.

Either they have to spend 45 minutes checking for blips coming, like a paranoid nut, and racing around the map - or they can accept they are about to be killed and attack people over and over until they inevitably die.

Some people don't want to get killed - they would prefer to live and be awarded the bounty for pride reasons. So they hide in the apartments.

Change the blip system, and people would be coaxed outdoors far more often. That's the solution in my opinion.

• Hamsterbaffle, PaulDPearl, Suppa K and 1 other like this

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'm so disappointed by the fact that you can't hide in GTA: Online.

I mean - yes, you can wait a bounty out in your apartment for 24 hours - but you can't hide. Everyone can see exactly where you are.

It's because of the rudimentary "blip" system that people decide to wait out the 24 hours in their apartment.

Either they have to spend 45 minutes checking for blips coming, like a paranoid nut, and racing around the map - or they can accept they are about to be killed and attack people over and over until they inevitably die.

Some people don't want to get killed - they would prefer to live and be awarded the bounty for pride reasons. So they hide in the apartments.

Change the blip system, and people would be coaxed outdoors far more often. That's the solution in my opinion.

You never seen off the radar?

A bounty is meant to be killed, so people will hunt him down. That's the whole point of it. And what do you mean by hide? You can hide in tons of places it's just that players can see you on the map unless you use Lester.

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

The Panto Pigs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Wait for a few players to get close, then bike it to a subway entrance. Booby trap the stairs with sticky bombs. Hold out as long as you can then bike it through the tunnels and out somewhere else. Love this strategy.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Who gives a f*ck. Get the f*ck over it

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

need to take a break sometime..  might as well do it with a 9k bounty for some easy cash.   usually i just continue with what i'm doing tho

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I've only gotten bounties set on me, due to NPCs. There is no point in giving people a bounty, when I didn't do anything to actually deserve it. 

It's not fun driving around with a bounty, when the first thing people do is try and blow up your car with sticky bombs.

Not fun? Sometimes it's freaking hilarious!

Nanoteck808
  • Nanoteck808

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Why is it the topics about bounties are from so called “Bounty Hunters” bitching?

You want to know why people leave sessions or hide in their safe house, because there is no incentive for confrontation on the part of the hunted. The hunted can kill the hunter(s) several times in the scope of ten minutes and it doesn't mean anything. The hunters still have 38 other minutes to kill their target one time. The session becomes one long grief for the player.

Your are not a badass if it takes you several tries to get your target. If the hunted can successfully kill everyone else in the room within 48 minutes they deserve to have the bounties lifted and collect the money,

Bounties should be one chance, one kill. Then we will see who the real hunters are.

• WinterEdit likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 08 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Sometimes I feel like staying in Apartment regardless of how much the bounty is. I just don't want to have all the lobby after me all the time... especially when you get a NPC Bounty. If it's a player-given bounty, I prefer to drive around with Bati instead of hiding in Apartment, since it'd be unfair to the dude who put the bounty on me.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

How many more threads on the same boring subject? okay somebody went back to their house bohoo. go find another bounty who enjoys the chase. Moaning on a forum isn't going to make them stop. 

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I use to do this.  Now I enjoy trying to out run 2 or 3 people trying to claim it. 

BIEBERyoloSWAG
  • BIEBERyoloSWAG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

I only go to my apartment when i need to do something in real life really quickly. If i have a bounty on my head then oh well im in my apartment while i have a bounty on my head.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Anyone who prefers to spend 48 minutes by them self in there apartment deserved the bounty money...
$9000 must be worth the boredom of hiding alone .

For myself if I get a bounty I just keep playing as usual and fend off anyone who comes to claim it,.I come to play not sit in my apartment...

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

If I get a bounty I just let me friend kill me and then we share the money. When we're in free roam we're probably doing something specific so when I get a bounty and a player decided "lolz he's got a bounty" and tries to kill me in every way short of an atom bomb then I want to get rid or it.

It's because of a bounty that I ended up in that bad sport lobby too.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

That's a fag move, be a man and face your enemies

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Depends where I am when the bounty is set. My apartment is close to where the tracks go underground so I'll hide there. Find a good spot to hunker down, rig stickies and pull out the carbine.

I also like the bank next to the Chinese theater. From the main entrance, go left through the door, up the stairs, around the foray, through that door, left down the narrow hallway, taking cover around the corner. Laying stickies in the foray and keeping my assault shotgun in my hands. The hallway is narrow enough to blind fire.

And last, the pier near palmetto bay. Stickies of course down the narrow pier with a sniper rifle. Pay attention that the don't try to come by sea and climb up the ladder from the water.

TrueHayabusa
  • TrueHayabusa

Shot Caller

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I love bounties. Holding up in the bank is a blast. Especially when half of the players don't even know there is a bank interior and drive circles around me shooting random buildings and then drive away.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

yeah sitting around your appartemen for 48 minutes is way more fun /sarcasm
grow a pair

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 08 November 2013 - 04:05 PM.

When I have a bounty on me I camp on the train shooting cars that approach once it drives outsides cool part its across the street from my apartments

l Xstatic l
  • l Xstatic l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Why do people do this?

Probably because they're carebears, idk?

Myself I like having a bounty on me as it makes people come to me so I can kill them instead of the other way around.

Also waiting 45 mins in your apartment solely because of the bounty feel like such a waste of time lol.

anticon
  • anticon

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Is it really that big of a deal to some of you to die?

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:16 PM Edited by Entity9f, 08 November 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Is it really that big of a deal to some of you to die?

I need to protect my 9.2 k/d

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

TnLRFG3.jpg

• JustOneMonth likes this

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

OP; you're posing the wrong question. If something is in a game, players will do it. The better question is; why would Rockstar allow this?

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Doesn't staying in your apartment extend the time limit on your bounty?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users