» «
Photo

Rockstar - More sports classics please.

19 replies to this topic
darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by darkdayz, 08 November 2013 - 12:11 PM.

I totally love how they have put SOME older models of cars into the game. More would be good, as a possible future content for online.

Here's a breakdown of the cars in V now. Just for clarification purposes for the thread, and maybe for players new to the HD generation of GTA and don't know about previous 3D and 2D vehicles.

I will ignore most of the sports classics as they aren't relevant to past GTA. But with relevance we have the Z-Type and the Stinger as past GTA cars re-invented as sports classics in GTA V.

The Z-Type - Debuting in GTA 2 as the Zaibatsi Corporations signature car, we see it now in V in sports classics form. Completely replicating the original, which they have done an amazing job with.

Z-Type in GTA 2

Z-Type-GTA2.png

Z-Type in GTA V

ZType-GTAV-Front.jpg

The Stinger - A great car from the older generation games, remade for V in sports classics form. It has the same basic shape, given a few different because of obvious graphical updates.

It looks as though the model comes from the 80's, around the times of VC, when looking at the shape of it.

Stinger in Vice City

20100111113559!Stinger-GTAVC-front.jpg

Stinger in GTA V

stinger.jpg

I'm going to post a few requests for more sports classics, feel free to post your own from the 3D or even 2D era GTA's.

What I'd like to see as sports classics:

Firsly, I would post Mesa Grande, as that is one of my favourites from VC, but it has looked pretty much the same ever since, so I won't use that as an example. Same for the Banshee, they have stayed true to its original shape. Also, the old Blista Compact model needs to be back. It looked similar in IV to VC and SA.

The 80's Cheetah. It would be great if they remodelled this to HD for a sports classic. My favourite car from VC. The new Cheetah in V looks hideous I personally think.

gta-vice-city-deki-en-g%C3%BCzel-araba_4Cheetah-GTAVC-rear.jpg

3D era Comet - It needs to be done in HD as a classic. It looks fairly similar in the shape in the newer versions, but the 3D one has that old convertible vibe. The traction was great too.

Comet_(VCS).jpg

The Deluxo from the 3D era. (After completing Sunshine Auto's missions)

DeluxoVC.jpgDeluxo-GTAVC-rear.jpg

The 2-Stroke Sanchez. (Sound and Engine) - Purely technical, this would be a great classic. Remember what it sounded like in VC. This should feature colour customisation too, as the plain Sanchez in V doesn't have any customisiation.

918.jpg

80's Infernus - Picture says it all. The king of the 3D era.

092.jpg

What would you like to see as a sports classic?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

I wish I had a pic of it but the Tornado is a nice sports classic to own. LOTS of mods available for it and it looks badass.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

I want Ferrari Testarossa.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I wish I had a pic of it but the Tornado is a nice sports classic to own. LOTS of mods available for it and it looks badass.

Oh aye I missed the Declasse Tornado. It's a killer.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Not exactly a sports classic, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Jester from GTA:SA make another appearance.

Maybe something 'inspired' by a 1955 Cadillac El Dorado or 1959 Impala too. Even an older "Coquette", such as this would be nice.

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm not a big fan of classic cars.I like the Monroe and stinger though.I've only been playing GTA two weeks were there ever any other sports classics?

MKYR
  • MKYR

NiKKi

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

I want a 190e, E30, JZX30, A60 Celica, oh and while your at it, every cool car from the 80s.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by darkdayz, 18 November 2013 - 01:01 AM.

I'm not a big fan of classic cars.I like the Monroe and stinger though.I've only been playing GTA two weeks were there ever any other sports classics?

The sports classics in GTA (not all of them) are the best cars from the older generation GTA games like Vice City and San Andreas, hence 'classics' and hence the older games comparisons in my post. There are FAR MORE better sports cars from old GTA games that should be added I think, as posted in the OP.

As to the comment on the Jester above that one - yes. The Jester was awesome!

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

In a (hopefully) free DLC, they should release old cars in HD form. Some could be:

Sports/Super

Jester

Uranus

Infernus (GTA 3 version)

Cheetah

Stinger (GTA 3 version)

Sedans

Admiral (GTA VC/SA version)

Sentinel/Mafia Sentinel

Greenwood

Classics

Idaho

Tampa

Clover (PLEASE!)

Esperanto (GTA 3 version)

** cars only from 3D era

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Man, this just reminds me how much I hate what they did to the "Cheetah" in V.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:32 AM Edited by darkdayz, 18 November 2013 - 01:32 AM.

ESPERANTO. Needs to happen. I agree though that it shouldn't be limited to just sports classics. I really hoped with V they would further add to the car roster by adding older car models, 80's and 90's versions as like the 3d era.

And yeah DillBagnr, the Cheetah in V makes me cringe when I see how it has ended up. SO GOOD in Vice City.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

i would some sort of 70's style rotar added. 

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when i saw the new cheetah... i kept looking around for the old one for the first couple days.

I wish they had a mercedes sl300 w gullwing doors!

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

67 L88 Coquette is what this game needs =)

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

Even better a 1963 Coquette Grand Sport

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Please keep the classic cars classic............Nothing worse than going into someones garage on a apt invite  seeing a poor  Stinger GT  with whitewall tires and lime green rims

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:16 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 18 November 2013 - 04:17 AM.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Glendale,Tampa, and Deluxo come back. Maybe even a non-beater version of the Clover.

edit; I know they aren't sports classics, but still, I miss them. ;c

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Tampa was a slick ride based on the 66 chevy corvair

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 18 November 2013 - 04:21 AM.

True, but I did throw in the Deluxo, which isn't a sports classic.

The one thing I do miss about GTA4 are the vehicles. Most of the ones in GTA5 are okay, but eh, they don't leave much of an impression on me.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

Three sports classics on the right.

0_0.jpg

Missing is my Monroe.  Which I have yet to take a picture of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users