Quantcast

» «
Photo

Radio station behavior in Online

32 replies to this topic

Poll: What kind of a radio listener are you? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

When riding in a vehicle, I...

1. ...aggressively pick my favorite radio station (26 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

2. ...switch to something good but let other peeps choose stations too (21 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. ...hardly ever touch the radio knobs (5 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. ...turn off the radio 'cause it distracts my driving/passenger snoozing (10 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. ...always regret taking the backseat in a 4-door ride (8 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Non Stop Pop. I always love when they play "Work" "1 thing" and "Glamorous" one after the other. "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" is pretty good too.

Ayup. But then the passenger usually changes it to something else unless I'm with friends and they understand my needs.

Kraegos
  • Kraegos

GTA player since 1997

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I often play with the music muted (because of the terrible ambient music when doing a mission on foot).
When I do listen to the music, I alternate between VBR and Mirror Park.
I wish the game had a proper rock and metal station like Kerrang Radio.

SpaceCadet1
  • SpaceCadet1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

some wannabe douche

*looks at signature* Sounds about right.

Eagles swirl and they pick up the bones
I'll shut you down like a bank on a Sunday
The engine has no stories to tell because there's no-one to tell 'em to
The last drugstore has sold the very last pill

Out on the road and I am high enough, thumbs up
You're pullin' over, gonna pick me up, shut up
The rusty wiper blades move along, in song
Having a lonely body in your car, shut up

My piece is in your ear movin' fast, thinkin' clear
I'll squeeze if you don't steer and follow the line straighter, shut up
You are the bullet, I am the gun, I won
Screw on the silencer and have some fun

Banal drivel. I stand by my original point.

Thank you for your constructive comments! Umm, your original point being what again? Me being a douche for having a song in my signature, or something even more scandalous? I think that the lyrics and instrumentation are a dark, humorous take on the underlying perversions of small-town America (very Blaine County appropriate, in fact), which is the sort of over-arching theme of the band's excellent eponymous album. Mike Patton (also the lead singer of Faith No More, a band featured in the 90's soundtrack of GTA: San Andreas) has also mentioned that:

"...too many people think too much about my lyrics. I am more a person who works more with the sound of a word than with its meaning. Often I just choose the words because of the rhythm, not because of the meaning".

Which leads me to believe you did not appreciate the song words in its context (ie listened to the actual song), instead just resorting to a relatively banal, two-word review of the text :) I would, however, like to know what song lyrics you would rank over such banal, driveling mass.

If I get into a vehicle with someone else or other people, I will wait for them to turn on the radio them selves and quickly switch it to East Los FM. Sometimes I will switch it back and forth from East Los to the station they had chosen. I have been kicked out of  a personal vehicle for this once. 

Excellent suggestion, I'll have to check this out next time I'm on a mission with random peeps.

I often play with the music muted (because of the terrible ambient music when doing a mission on foot).
When I do listen to the music, I alternate between VBR and Mirror Park.
I wish the game had a proper rock and metal station like Kerrang Radio.

What what what, the ambient mission music is excellent! I particularly enjoy the jazzier tunes, quite a refreshing change of pace from the saturation of rock and electronic soundtracks in most shooters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users