Photo

Why Do People Follow Alex Jones?

80 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

But I do applaud him for not falling for government lies, like 9/11, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, and the OKC bombings.

Ha!

I'm not going to bother with that one since we already have another thread on it. And I take it you don't want to explain how we would be better off with anarchy in the USA besides "Other countries would like us more".

Well, I won't lay out every single reason, but I think that the decentralization of power (at least until some rebels formed a new government) would be a positive change.

Can I interrogate on what basis you feel that your opinion is valid and well informed, given that you've bought into propaganda around 9/11 at the very least which is entirely contradictory to all accepted and intelligent understanding of geopolitics?

What 9/11 "propaganda" did I buy into? There's no way Building 7 could have gone into free-fall if it wasn't a controlled demolition. In addition, Operation Northwoods leads me to believe that it's not too far-out to believe that our own government would kill American citizens. If it really was al-Qaeda, it was still our fault. See Operation Desert Fox and the Vanguards of Conquest.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Are you a Jones follower?

sivispacem is.

Spoiler

GMS is one though, he'll defend that hog until the day he dies.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

But I do applaud him for not falling for government lies, like 9/11, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, and the OKC bombings.

Ha!

I'm not going to bother with that one since we already have another thread on it. And I take it you don't want to explain how we would be better off with anarchy in the USA besides "Other countries would like us more".

Well, I won't lay out every single reason, but I think that the decentralization of power (at least until some rebels formed a new government) would be a positive change.

Can I interrogate on what basis you feel that your opinion is valid and well informed, given that you've bought into propaganda around 9/11 at the very least which is entirely contradictory to all accepted and intelligent understanding of geopolitics?

What 9/11 "propaganda" did I buy into? There's no way Building 7 could have gone into free-fall if it wasn't a controlled demolition. In addition, Operation Northwoods leads me to believe that it's not too far-out to believe that our own government would kill American citizens. If it really was al-Qaeda, it was still our fault. See Operation Desert Fox and the Vanguards of Conquest.

Is it a conspiracy theory or is it our fault that Al Qaeda did it? You cannot pick both. Have you ever heard of fire induced structural failure and looked into all the different reports about how that building went down and why or are you just rehashing what you've been told by someone?

• dtsmucker likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 08 November 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Ha!

I've always loved the controlled demolition theory. They love to spout that fire isn't hot enough to melt steel, but they seem to ignore the fact that it doesn't need to melt, just weaken. Instead they blame the collapse on thermite, of which there is NO trace of. My brother is a fire protection engineer and he's vehemently against the 9/11 conspiracy theories, and he's the one who finally got me away from them.

• dtsmucker likes this

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

It's depressing and infuriating to listen to an Alex Jones/Clyde Lewis type take a phone call from a listener that sounds like they have a mental problem and agree 100% with them no matter how unstable that person sounds, there is no way they can do that and believe their own sh*t they spew. It's a shameful way to make a living, I'd rather they be true nutcases rather than just a persona but then again that isn't just limited to conspiracy theory radio hosts. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by sivispacem, 08 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

What 9/11 "propaganda" did I buy into?

That it was an inside job, for one. Which is contradictory to all logical analysis. By your own admission, a controlled demolition theory which is so fundamentally flawed on every logical level that the only people who even begin to contemplate it are either ignorant, moronic or querulous paranoids.

There's no way Building 7 could have gone into free-fall if it wasn't a controlled demolition.

Yes there is, as the NIST investigation, numerous academic studies and every independent expert whose ever conducted a peer-review analysis of it shows. Forgive me if I don't trust your judgement on questions related to structural engineering or physics given that you've got absolutely no obvious prior credit to speak on the subject. I'll believe the experts thanks. If you want to allege they were in on the conspiracy too, 1) prove it and 2) snowball fallacy, you end up implicating basically the entire US civil engineering community and most of the higher education institutions in the world.

In addition, Operation Northwoods leads me to believe that it's not too far-out to believe that our own government would kill American citizens.

So, a project that never made it past the discussion stage is enough to convince you that the US government, who were the very people who actually ended that discussion, are culpable for the largest terrorist attack that's ever taken place? Yeah, that's totally a logical conclusion. Look, I'm not denying that the US government rubber-stamped some pretty f*cked up stuff. MKULTRA, COINTELPRO and Gladio were all pretty messed up. But the distinguishing feature of basically all of US domestic and foreign covert operation history is something that isn't applicable in the case of 9/11- the Cold War. These actions can be directly attributed to the existence of an existential threat- which by no means mitigates them but at least gives some context. Compare and contrast with 9/11. There's not a single rational political justification for 9/11 being a false flag attack which doesn't rely on another conspiracy theory and therefore result to fallacious circular logic.

If it really was al-Qaeda, it was still our fault. See Operation Desert Fox and the Vanguards of Conquest.

Right, so it's the West's fault that a Fasadi minority exists in Islam who seek violent subjugation of other people's and the establishment of caliphates as during the conquests of the 7th and 8th century? Doesn't that fundamentally ignore the fact that the largest cause of bloodshed attributed to al-Qaeda and their splinter groups is actually amongst Muslim populations, primarily targeting Shia minority groups but also moderate Sunnis and Sufis? Did it entirely slip your mind that the ideological conflict between Takfiri/Wahhabi/Salafist/Qtubist political Islamists and the wider, moderate Islamic community significantly pre-dates any Western presence in the East? Also, I really don't see what Desert Fox and the Vanguards of Conquest statement have to do with anything given that al-Qaeda had been involved in violent military action against Western interests around the world since the late 1980s? Are you also aware that Osama Bin Laden's Fatwah against the West predates Desert Fox by two years; the first operational use of what would later become al-Qaeda assets against the continental United States was in 1993, that they effectively performed their first operations inside the US in 1983-4, or that that Al-Quds Al-Arabi published al-Qaeda's strategic objectives, from the horses mouth as it were. Summarised:
  • Provoke the United States and the West into invading a Muslim country by staging a massive attack or string of attacks on U.S. soil that results in massive civilian casualties.
  • Incite local resistance to occupying forces.
  • Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. and its allies in a long war of attrition.
  • Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against the U.S. and countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the July 7, 2005 London bombings.
  • The U.S. economy will finally collapse by the year 2020 under the strain of multiple engagements in numerous places, making the worldwide economic system which is dependent on the U.S. also collapse leading to global political instability, which in turn leads to a global jihad led by al-Qaeda and a Wahhabi Caliphate will then be installed across the world following the collapse of the U.S. and the rest of the Western world countries.

• dtsmucker likes this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well, there are many issues with government that would take up pages and pages, but the most obvious one to me is the use of force on other countries. Imperialism. People wonder why the world hates us. It's because we invade their lands and kill them. 

And we'd be better off with anarchy how exactly? I should have known I'd just get a generic comment about the US government from an Alex Jones follower. Are you suggesting that we'd be better off as a whole if other countries liked us, even if the interior of the US looked like Somalia due to anarchy? I think we have to look deeper here , beyond a high school popularity contest.

If you're basing the idea of Anarchism on the situation in Somalia, then you probably have a limited scope on the subject.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you're basing the idea of Anarchism on the situation in Somalia, then you probably have a limited scope on the subject.

If you read an earlier post, I said it was not a total anarchy, but the closest real example we have right now.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

sivispacem is.

Spoiler

Uhh, no I'm not.

He has done interesting things like going into Bohemian Grove and filming the mock sacrifices world politicians attend but his rants drive even me up the wall sometimes. He reminds me of a drill sergeant shoving his fear mongering spiel down people's throats. 

I suppose people who follow fellows like Jones do so because he does speak some truth and the truth speaks for itself and grabs people attention. Jones is like a gateway drug, you're either going to fall into it for the truths or reject it because of the over the top flatout stupid things he says. It's a 50/50 toss up.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Uhh, no I'm not.

He has done interesting things like going into Bohemian Grove and filming the mock sacrifices world politicians attend

ROFL!!!

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

sivispacem is.

Spoiler

Uhh, no I'm not.

I could have sworn you were the one who had a sig advertising infowars...

And then you tried to warn people of conspiracies through sarcasam in the "I am honestly scared" thread a day or two ago.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Uhh, no I'm not.

He has done interesting things like going into Bohemian Grove and filming the mock sacrifices world politicians attend

ROFL!!!

Even our presidential advisor David Gergen attends bohemian grove which he claims to be a happy member of.. you can even see raw footage of the mock sacrifice around the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GHFoUZEjuNM

u2wHnuhkUeM

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Why does it matter if a bunch of rich people want to go to a forest and worship a giant owl? 

• boxmonster likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Al-Quds Al-Arabi published al-Qaeda's strategic objectives, from the horses mouth as it were. Summarised:

• Provoke the United States and the West into invading a Muslim country by staging a massive attack or string of attacks on U.S. soil that results in massive civilian casualties.
  • Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. and its allies in a long war of attrition.
  • Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against the U.S. and countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the July 7, 2005 London bombings.
  • The U.S. economy will finally collapse by the year 2020 under the strain of multiple engagements in numerous places, making the worldwide economic system which is dependent on the U.S. also collapse leading to global political instability, which in turn leads to a global jihad led by al-Qaeda and a Wahhabi Caliphate will then be installed across the world following the collapse of the U.S. and the rest of the Western world countries.

I hadn't read that before, nor did I know that their grand strategic aims had ever been published. Very interesting, and apparently it seems like they were doing a pretty good job of achieving their aims before NATO agreed the 2014 withdrawal date from Afghanistan. Thank you for posting that.

• Tyler likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by Raavi, 08 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Uhh, no I'm not.

ROFL!!!

Even our presidential advisor David Gergen attends bohemian grove which he claims to be a happy member of.. you can even see raw footage of the mock sacrifice around the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GHFoUZEjuNM

u2wHnuhkUeM

Let me let you in on a little secret. When you enter certain circles these types of happenings are everything but a rarity. Bohemian Grove is nothing more than a camp for a club of a certain group of people that share certain qualities; mostly older affluent gentlemen that have or have had a seat in the top levels of international business. The ceremony that is laughingly branded a mock sacrifice by some less than sane individuals, is one of where the attendees part with their cares for the duration of their presence at the camp. Furthermore the owl statue is not some sort of occult symbol, it's an everything but sinister symbol for knowledge. A quality you are devoid of, I'm afraid.

• dtsmucker likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Let me let you in on a little secret. When you enter certain circles these types of happenings are everything but a rarity. Bohemian Grove is nothing more than a camp for a club of a certain group of people that share certain qualities; mostly older affluent gentlemen that have or have had a seat in the top levels of international business. The ceremony that is laughingly branded a mock sacrifice by some less than sane individuals, is one of where the attendees part with their cares for the duration of their presence at the camp. Furthermore the owl statue is not some sort of occult symbol, it's an everything but sinister symbol for knowledge. A quality you are devoid of, I'm afraid.

Precisely this. I can think of team building events at my place of employment, that take place in parks, that I've been to that are just as "sinister". And i'm no where near the top level of international business or politics.

• Raavi and dtsmucker like this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Precisely this. I can think of team building events at my place of employment, that take place in parks, that I've been to that are just as "sinister". And i'm no where near the top level of international business or politics.

LOL if you think the Bohemian Grove is just some another company meeting in the park then I fear you've been listening to too much of Sivi and Raavi.. These are world leaders who dress up in hooded robes and partake in a mock human sacrifice.. You're only going to hear things like this are normal from your regular information correctors on this forum who go to the deepest ends to defend these people for god knows what reasons..

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by theadmiral, 08 November 2013 - 11:19 PM.

LOL if you think the Bohemian Grove is just some another company meeting in the park then I fear you've been listening to too much of Sivi and Raavi.. These are world leaders who dress up in hooded robes and partake in a mock human sacrifice.. You're only going to hear things like this are normal from your regular information correctors on this forum who go to the deepest ends to defend these people for god knows what reasons..

Provide a source outside of a fringe conspiracy theorist? I don't need to listen to Sivi and Raavi, even though I agree with them. I can form my own opinions, those just happen to be in line with the two you mentioned when it comes to these topics.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Al-Quds Al-Arabi published al-Qaeda's strategic objectives, from the horses mouth as it were. Summarised:

I hadn't read that before, nor did I know that their grand strategic aims had ever been published. Very interesting, and apparently it seems like they were doing a pretty good job of achieving their aims before NATO agreed the 2014 withdrawal date from Afghanistan. Thank you for posting that.

Yeah, thanks. Got a source though? My previous posts may not imply it, but I am very open-minded and am not afraid to admit when i'm wrong. To the best of my knowledge, I'm right, but if I see/hear something more convincing, I'm willing to listen.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, thanks. Got a source though?

Certainly.

One (academic).
Two (academic).
Three (non-academic).

Hope that suffices.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by Raavi, 08 November 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Didn't you know? I'm a direct associate of the reptilian world elite, send to indoctrinate you. I thought you had that figured out by now, I'm disappointed.

All joking aside, care to provide me with tangible evidence that refutes the Bohemian Grove happening being nothing more than a 'let-go' ceremony for industry leaders and supports your irrational farfetched allegations. Or are you just going to keep spinning in circles and referring to video material of scam artists a la Alex Jones.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Don't start this, he'll go on about Baphomet for ages, utterly ignorant to the fact Baphomet was a creation of the Christian church to justify subjugation of the Pagans and then the Knight's Templar during the 14th Century. He's ignorant of history and doesn't, as anyone whose ever studied Dark Ages history or religious philosophy should know, understand that it's a fictitious deity. 

• boxmonster likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Or are you just going to keep spinning and circles and referring to video material of scam artists a la Alex Jones.

Alex Jones makes 2.7 million dollars a year and has quite a fortune off stirring up the intellectually challenged masses with bizarre theories even he most likely does not believe. Talk about world elite and something sinister - You do not even need to look at the Rockefellers or anyone who made their money conducting business. You can find someone much closer to home that perfectly fits your description of a rich a-hole that has aspirations of, and makes money from, controlling the stupid.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, thanks. Got a source though?

Certainly.

One (academic).
Two (academic).
Three (non-academic).

Hope that suffices.

First link doesn't work. Second is a .org, which can never be considered too reliable. Not saying I won't read it though, I'm just saying that those were my first thoughts.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by theadmiral, 08 November 2013 - 11:49 PM.

First link doesn't work. Second is a .org, which can never be considered too reliable. Not saying I won't read it though, I'm just saying that those were my first thoughts.

Oh the irony.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Raavi, 08 November 2013 - 11:56 PM.

First link doesn't work. Second is a .org, which can never be considered too reliable. Not saying I won't read it though, I'm just saying that those were my first thoughts.

Oh the irony.

http://www.redcross.org

It can't get any more malicious.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Orgs almost always have bias. I didn't mean to imply that orgs can't have great information and unbiased research/studies/whatever, I'm jsut saying that orgs almost always have agendas.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Orgs almost always have bias. I didn't mean to imply that orgs can't have great information and unbiased research/studies/whatever, I'm jsut saying that orgs almost always have agendas.

Not that I agree with what I quoted, but conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones do not? You still have not provided one shred of evidence, biased or otherwise, for anything you have claimed.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

First link doesn't work

Yes it does. It's "The Secret History of Al Qaeda" by By Abdel Bari Atwan, hosted on Google Books. If you'd prefer, you could buy it here, or order it from any good store. ISBN-13 978-0863567605

Second is a .org, which can never be considered too reliable. Not saying I won't read it though, I'm just saying that those were my first thoughts.

And exactly what does the Top-Level-Domain mean in this context? A .org TLD is generally for non-profit organisations like think tanks. RUSI and Chatham House, which are the two most well regarded strategic studies institutes in the world, both have .org TLDs. If you wish to study the credibility of the Long War Journal (and I have no issue with you doing so as I have no interest in the institution aside from providing it as a source), it is primarily run by Bill Roggio, who was a US Army infantryman and whom uses the site to discuss his own personal interpretations of the War on Terror. He's served as a commentator for the New York Times, Reuters, Associated Press, Sunday Times, Washington Post and Time Magazine, and one of his colleagues at Long War Journal was a contributing source in Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Thomas Ricks' work "The Gamble". Which gives him far more credibility than any conspiracy theorist I can think of.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

I feel that I should point out that "anarchy" like in Somalia, is not a theoretical system that people advocate. You're thinking of anarchism which has nothing whatsoever to do with chaos, it's just another form of social organisation, one that doesn't involve hierarchy. 

• Tyler likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users