Why Do People Follow Alex Jones?

80 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

I used to be into the conspiracy sh*t myself back in the day (I've since moved far away from it), but the one person I refused to follow behind was Alex Jones. What is his appeal to the conspiracy movement? He's very short-tempered, rude, psychotic, and downright unpleasant. 

He goes on record to say he believes they put cancer viruses in vaccines and constantly interrupts the other guest, eventually having a full blown temper-tantrum and making an ass out of himself.

This also leads me to another question: What attracts people to the conspiracy movements in the first place?

• Ramyhyday likes this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by 018361, 08 November 2013 - 06:24 AM.

I used to be into the conspiracy sh*t myself back in the day (I've since moved far away from it), but the one person I refused to follow behind was Alex Jones. What is his appeal to the conspiracy movement?  He's very short-tempered, rude, psychotic, and downright unpleasant.

Like you said because "He's very short-tempered, rude, psychotic, and downright unpleasant." He is like a reality TV star. Nothing about it is actually real and they only do it for the money and fame. People like having stuff to blame their unfortunate circumstances on and he gives them just that. They don't want to take responsibility for their lives so they blame the ones who shine the brightest or have the most influence on people. People probably come in just to see the day that angry overweight man has a stroke or something and they just get pulled into his propaganda. If anything he is the exact same type of wolf that he has the rest of his pack barking at. He uses them for money, tells them what to believe, and tries his darnedest to crush anyone who opposes him. He is as much of a suit as the suits are.    

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

I hate to be rude, but stupidity is why, it's fair enough to question things, and some theories I buy into a bit (the powerful dairy lobby and how exaggerated the importance of milk is I'm sure it's good for you but not as much as they say) ,,, but some of these theories are so ridiculous and preposterous that only an idiot would buy into them.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Entertainment or stupidity. I can't think of any other reasons.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Because, while he certainly does have very many far-out conspiracy theories, the majority of what he says is true. I don't understand why there is a negative connotation attached to conspiracy theorists, considering, most of the time, the theories are true.

In fact, I'd take the word of any conspiracy theorist before the government. Just look at all the lies we've been told. And all the false-flags. 

I honestly think we'd be better off with anarchy, because at least then, chaos wouldn't be at the point of a government gun.

• Mr. Crowley likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by theadmiral, 08 November 2013 - 12:59 PM.

I honestly think we'd be better off with anarchy, because at least then, chaos wouldn't be at the point of a government gun.

I'm sorry, it is too early in the morning for me to be laughing this hard. You can't be past age 20 with a viewpoint like that, no insult intended.

• MadClownBadDub, Frank Brown and dtsmucker like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Vlynor, 08 November 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Alex Jones is Jesus' Second Coming, don't you dare talk ill of him, heathen.

Honestly, I don't know why so many people like him or any of those loud, obnoxious talk show hosts for that matter (Rush Limbaugh comes to mind).

Please, no.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

If anyone wants to examine the merits of anarchy, look no further than Somalia. Even there it is not 100 percent anarchy, but it is enough of one to give you a glimpse of what it looks like.

• dtsmucker likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

If anyone wants to examine the merits of anarchy, look no further than Somalia. Even there it is not 100 percent anarchy, but it is enough of one to give you a glimpse of what it looks like.

This. Government is a necessity in the modern world, there's no arguing against it. What is debatable is the amount of government that's necessary to create a functioning society without hindering freedoms.

• MadClownBadDub likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

This. Government is a necessity in the modern world, there's no arguing against it. What is debatable is the amount of government that's necessary to create a functioning society without hindering freedoms.

Certain freedoms have to be hindered to have a civilised functioning society. 

• Finn 7 five 11 and Frank Brown like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Certain freedoms have to be hindered to have a civilised functioning society. 

You mean it is not going to be a utopian society where we all have love ins, smoke marijuana, spray paint big A symbols on buildings, grow our own food, educate each other, and share everything we have with each other? Where the human nature to take advantage or even commit crimes will just fade away because we are so happy? A situation where no one will try to seize power and dominate the weak as has happened for century upon century?

No way. I heard on a punk rock album that everything will turn out perfectly.

• Frank Brown likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Government is a necessity in the modern world

Maybe it is now, but it won't be forever. If we survive for a long time and reproduce to outrageous numbers I don't see how governments will still be able to exist and control the population, especially if we move in space or on other planets. I think some form of anarchism will take over, at least in some places of the world\galaxy\universe.

• Tyler likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Maybe it is now, but it won't be forever. If we survive for a long time and reproduce to outrageous numbers I don't see how governments will still be able to exist and control the population, especially if we move in space or on other planets. I think some form of anarchism will take over, at least in some places of the world\galaxy\universe.

At no point in human history has society been anything other than hierarchical. In the loosest possible terms, government has always existed whether that's on a micro level or on a macro one. Future governance may or may not be on a small, introverted level, or on a huge international level, but it will always exist.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

What happened when people moved from Europe to America,Australia etc? They formed States and Governments there, sometime after revolutionary wars,sometimes with blessing from European centers. Same will happen if humans move to another planets,and storyline of Killzone might become true:

http://killzone.wiki...ory_of_Killzone

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Because, while he certainly does have very many far-out conspiracy theories, the majority of what he says is true. I don't understand why there is a negative connotation attached to conspiracy theorists, considering, most of the time, the theories are true.

In fact, I'd take the word of any conspiracy theorist before the government. Just look at all the lies we've been told. And all the false-flags. 

I stopped reading after the very first sentence.

If you truly believe that most of what Alex Jones says is true... this topic isn't for you.

• theadmiral likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I never said I wanted anarchy, however, I think it would be a morally superior system (or lack thereof) compared to what we have now. 

But I really think that we should become a minarchist society and draft a new constitution that expires every x amount of years (so as not to subject our offspring to the "social contract" BS).

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by W3BB13, 08 November 2013 - 04:34 PM.

lol nvm.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I never said I wanted anarchy, however, I think it would be a morally superior system (or lack thereof) compared to what we have now. 

But I really think that we should become a minarchist society and draft a new constitution that expires every x amount of years (so as not to subject our offspring to the "social contract" BS).

You said you think we would be better off with it. Would you care to elaborate on that?

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

You said you think we would be better off with it. Would you care to elaborate on that?

Well, there are many issues with government that would take up pages and pages, but the most obvious one to me is the use of force on other countries. Imperialism. People wonder why the world hates us. It's because we invade their lands and kill them. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well, there are many issues with government that would take up pages and pages, but the most obvious one to me is the use of force on other countries. Imperialism. People wonder why the world hates us. It's because we invade their lands and kill them. 

And we'd be better off with anarchy how exactly? I should have known I'd just get a generic comment about the US government from an Alex Jones follower. Are you suggesting that we'd be better off as a whole if other countries liked us, even if the interior of the US looked like Somalia due to anarchy? I think we have to look deeper here , beyond a high school popularity contest.

• dtsmucker likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

We'd stop invading other countries and killing their people and just start killing each other in a power grab.

• theadmiral likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

And we'd be better off with anarchy how exactly? I should have known I'd just get a generic comment about the US government from an Alex Jones follower. Are you suggesting that we'd be better off as a whole if other countries liked us, even if the interior of the US looked like Somalia due to anarchy? I think we have to look deeper here , beyond a high school popularity contest.

Where would you get the idea that I would follow that nutjob? His crazier theories are too crazy for me to take seriously. Same with guys like Jesse Ventura.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Where would you get the idea that I would follow that nutjob? His crazier theories are too crazy for me to take seriously. Same with guys like Jesse Ventura.

He is a nutjob now? I do not disagree, but you said the majority of what he says is true.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

He is a nutjob now? I do not disagree, but you said the majority of what he says is true.

It is. The majority of what he says is true. But the other sh*t he says like, "the aliens are coming to stick caddle prodders up our ass because Robin Williams made a reference to aliens in some random interview 15 years ago" is so ridiculous that I can't take him seriously. Do I think that there are some men that just want to watch the world burn? Yes. Do I think that every single person on the planet is out to get us? No.

But I do applaud him for not falling for government lies, like 9/11, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, and the OKC bombings.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

But I do applaud him for not falling for government lies, like 9/11, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, and the OKC bombings.

Ha!

I'm not going to bother with that one since we already have another thread on it. And I take it you don't want to explain how we would be better off with anarchy in the USA besides "Other countries would like us more".

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

LOL...

This thread just turned to win.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ha!

I'm not going to bother with that one since we already have another thread on it. And I take it you don't want to explain how we would be better off with anarchy in the USA besides "Other countries would like us more".

Well, I won't lay out every single reason, but I think that the decentralization of power (at least until some rebels formed a new government) would be a positive change.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by theadmiral, 08 November 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Well, I won't lay out every single reason, but I think that the decentralization of power (at least until some rebels formed a new government) would be a positive change.

Enough said, thanks for clearing that up for me. :panic:  :panic: :panic:  :panic:  

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Ha!

Can I interrogate on what basis you feel that your opinion is valid and well informed, given that you've bought into propaganda around 9/11 at the very least which is entirely contradictory to all accepted and intelligent understanding of geopolitics?

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by W3BB13, 08 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Are you a Jones follower?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users