» «
Photo

gtao new cities?

34 replies to this topic
Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by Forzum, 12 November 2013 - 09:31 AM.

Maybe in 2015 or so, but I think it will only be on/for the next gen version we will see the addons of new areas, and my guess of the city that would be added is Las Venturas.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by Huffin-Puffin, 12 November 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Well, it took me less than 3 minutes to totally discredit everything that you said, so regardless of where the information came from, it's wrong. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't really understand how games like these are put together, but without me having to explain to you at length why your assumptions are preposterous, I'll try to condense it.

GTAO has been designed in it's current iteration to run on the hardware available. This means that players of GTAO on the current hardware will NEVER see an expansion the size of Liberty City or Vice, simply because the machine has already had it's last drop of technical capability wrung out of it.

If you want to talk about next-gen hardware and it's capabilities then we're even further into baseless speculation. It goes without saying that the structure of GTAO in the future will be different to what we have seen so far, but for any of you to say that Liberty City has been confirmed as an addition is just utter nonsense. Even though R* have the basics of the Liberty City map, you'd have to be a total idiot to think they could just throw it together and tack it onto the end of GTAO. Do you have any idea of the scope that a project like that would entail? Apparently not. It isn't as simple as just copying the files from one game to another, sticking some water in between, et voila! It's funny that some of you are that naive.

I think maybe you've not got a great idea of how games are made. They could easily have a bigger functioning map than the one in V. The time consuming aspect of this work is the asset design and creation, and research. Whilst its not a copy and paste job, having assets designed to run in HD in the same engine as V makes the job and idea of porting Liberty a million times more realistic than then adding pretty much anything else of a substantial size. There's collision mapping and differences in movement and other physics simulations to implement but it's nowhere near the type of task you seem to think. Neither is getting a larger map than V to stream properly on current consoles.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

NO I actually meant an interview which was released after the game already came out. It was on R* newswire; not on gameinformer. 

I don't talk bullsh*t; I find information and I also gave the sites where I got the info. 

Sorry if the information turns out to be fake; but then you should look at them and not me. 

You made up the info, then put a list of sites without links to the actual information, then claim that major websites and Rockstar's news wire are carrying fake information that you definitely read there but is now gone? It sounds like that's your fault to me.

People should look up the word "confirmed" as well. Benzies saying they would like to maybe try something one day isn't him confirming it.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

I wonder if they will port IV's Liberty City or try to remake III's. I would be fine with any option, since I never played IV and I would like to see a HD version of III's, since it's my favorite GTA (apart from V).

They already did.iuy6.jpgn4or.jpg

You are wrong.

There is a thing called Image Manipulating.

They also used ENB Series for GTA V's Movies featuring Liberty City.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

it's not unlikely rockstar has said many times they plan on adding new maps new cities but they must take a long time to make so i don't think we will see them soon but with next gen out what's the point..having said that i think this is the last real gta game we will see i believe the future of gta is extensions of online meaning they will be no gta 6 well not for a good 10 yrs anyway   

yea dont expect new cities for xbox 360 and ps3,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users