Photo

gtao new cities?

34 replies to this topic
ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

When can we expect these? i think it's at least 18 months off by which time most ppl will be playing next gen consoles meaning hardly anyone will be playing gtao so what's the point? 

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

You do know GTAO is going to be the online version of all future GTA titles whether 7th gen or 8th gen..? GTAO will just be updated and refreshed like every other new GTA.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

i didn't know i would rather see rockstar put effort into a new game as opposed to working on gtao but from the sounds of it gtao is the future of the gta series & i do not think we will ever see a new gta game 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

i didn't know i would rather see rockstar put effort into a new game as opposed to working on gtao but from the sounds of it gtao is the future of the gta series & i do not think we will ever see a new gta game 

That's sad

ISSDJackson2
  • ISSDJackson2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

I remember reading somewhere they planned on adding to the map not just adding new features and items to online. Would be coool but prob. next gen stuff. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

When can we expect these? i think it's at least 18 months off by which time most ppl will be playing next gen consoles meaning hardly anyone will be playing gtao so what's the point? 

The question isn't when.

The question is IF, and even then it's very very unlikely.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

it's not unlikely rockstar has said many times they plan on adding new maps new cities but they must take a long time to make so i don't think we will see them soon but with next gen out what's the point..having said that i think this is the last real gta game we will see i believe the future of gta is extensions of online meaning they will be no gta 6 well not for a good 10 yrs anyway   

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

lol. Well if that's the case, farewell gents. It has been fun those last 12 years but I must attend something elsewhere, anything but that. Anything but GTA:Online.

• AlexL likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 08 November 2013 - 08:56 AM.

Answers here:

There will be new cities added; 

Liberty City is confirmed by Dan Houser;

GTA Online will come to Next Gen consoles expect a simultaneous release with the PC.

No one knows when there will be new Cities added;

Bothing else is confirmed but we can expect Las Venturas in the near future.

GTA Online is expected to survive at least 10 to 20 years. So NEW content MUST be added. Remember that with each new GTA game there will be a new island/city added to GTA Online

Upcoming DLC next week; Beach Bum Pack - featuring new weapons; new cars; new clothing items and hairstyles; new missions; new survivals; New parachutejumps and new races and DM/TDM.

information found at:

* Power Unlimited http://www.pu.nl

* IGN

* Dan Houser Interview a few weeks ago

* Gameinformer

* R* Newswire

Wolf Of Nibu
  • Wolf Of Nibu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

Personally im hopin they will make GTA online a big thing not that i want them to stop making SP games no,no. Theres just so much potential and everyone knows R* can make some epic stuff.

I do hope they take their time with the dlc, im in no hurry, polish. Day one dlc and map packs that cost 15€ can stay in other games.

Wolf Of Nibu
  • Wolf Of Nibu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

Answers here:

There will be new cities added; 

Liberty City is confirmed by Dan Houser;

GTA Online will come to Next Gen consoles expect a simultaneous release with the PC.

No one knows when there will be new Cities added;

Bothing else is confirmed but we can expect Las Venturas in the near future.

GTA Online is expected to survive at least 10 to 20 years. So NEW content MUST be added. Remember that with each new GTA game there will be a new island/city added to GTA Online

Upcoming DLC next week; Beach Bum Pack - featuring new weapons; new cars; new clothing items and hairstyles; new missions; new survivals; New parachutejumps and new races and DM/TDM.

information found at:

* Power Unlimited http://www.pu.nl

* IGN

* Dan Houser Interview a few weeks ago

* Gameinformer

* R* Newswire

Think about multiple cities, 50+ players, all out war ! * next-gen ofcourse *

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

50+ players? 32 is enough for me xD I mostly play with 6 people online, more players would be fun; but then there also should be missions which feature up to 16 players (AT LEAST!

You most likely have to purchase a ticket to another city. (by plane or ferryboat) 

It would of course be epic if you can fly in real time to it; but I guess that ain't possible in the near future, at least not on the current gen consoles.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think sometime within the next 6-12 months we will see the IV rendition of Liberty City added to GTA Online. Having already created it on current console, it should be a very easy addition in comparison to entirely new maps.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 08 November 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Niko Vercetti 112;

as I said (and what I quoted from Dan Houser) it is confirmed that Liberty City will be in GTA Online. 

But you can expect that we have to pay for the DLC :) but that's normal :)

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Where was all of this confirmed?

Does anyone have LINKS to confirmation of: 

• Las Venturas.

• Liberty City.

• The concept of new GTA games adding a new city to the current iteration of GTAO (which sounds like total bullsh*t to be honest).

• R* hoping that GTAO will have a lifespan of 10 - 20 years (also sounds like total bullsh*t).

• Simultaneous next-gen and PC release (another thing that sounds like bullsh*t).

I'm guessing that the article being referred to by ivarblauuw was this interview with Leslie Benzies (not Dan Houser) on GameInformer, which DOES NOT CONFIRM ANYTHING listed above. Benzies merely states that "Every part of Grand Theft Auto Online has been designed with expansion in mind. A dream of ours is to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them. The launch of Grand Theft Auto Online is a beginning for us; it gets us a little closer to being able to make that happen.

I also turned up another interview with Les Benzies here which states

"What scope have you got for expanding beyond the locations we're seeing already?

Well, one thing we've toyed with - and we've talked about this before, so it isn't a spoiler - is (the ambition) to grow this world until it's the world. We're just going to add on new things to it, new places all the time. We've set this up so there are no limitations. The only limitation is the size of the disc and how much memory we've got. We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using."

He also says it's been a dream of R*'s since the inception of GTAIII to be able to bring together all of the GTA locales including Vice and Liberty. He does NOT confirm that ANYTHING is being brought to GTAO in the near future, nor does he state that it's expected to last a ridiculous 10 - 20 year cycle.

So, in conclusion, none of what has been mentioned above has been confirmed by anyone at Rockstar Games, and is nothing more than stupid speculation based on nothing. Sorry to burst your bubble kids, but this thread is bullsh*t as it stands.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by darkdayz, 08 November 2013 - 03:54 PM.

The only way to add them really is if online runs on next gen and PC. The ram in current gen consoles won't be able to cope with any more than Los Santos / Blaine County. Especially if we are to fly seemlessly between them.

Especially with the above quote from Benzies makes what I said very clear. They have clear desire to make every GTA map in one game, or online.

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Let's be honest folks - it's a great idea, but to build an open world as big and as insanely detailed as Los Santos takes years and a very large team of people.

See this discussion with Art Director Aaron Garbut:

http://www.techradar...#articleContent

Just pre-production on Los Santos i.e. putting in the roads and terrain and ocean floors, took nine months. And then they started actually building the city.

They apparently spent 100 days on site researching LA and took over 250,000 photos to get the look right.

There's no way that Rockstar would want to add an inferior cityscape to GTA:O.

It's possible they could put the work in and transfer Liberty City over within a year or so. Maybe they could build out Ludendorff/North Yankton relatively quickly as a small add-on, as the pre-production is already done.

But Las Venturas or anywhere else? Unless they've already started, I think we'd be talking 2016 at the earliest. And that's being really optimistic.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by darkdayz, 08 November 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Let's be honest folks - it's a great idea, but to build an open world as big and as insanely detailed as Los Santos takes years and a very large team of people.

See this discussion with Art Director Aaron Garbut:

http://www.techradar...#articleContent

Just pre-production on Los Santos i.e. putting in the roads and terrain and ocean floors, took nine months. And then they started actually building the city.

They apparently spent 100 days on site researching LA and took over 250,000 photos to get the look right.

There's no way that Rockstar would want to add an inferior cityscape to GTA:O.

It's possible they could put the work in and transfer Liberty City over within a year or so. Maybe they could build out Ludendorff/North Yankton relatively quickly as a small add-on, as the pre-production is already done.

But Las Venturas or anywhere else? Unless they've already started, I think we'd be talking 2016 at the earliest. And that's being really optimistic.

Agreed, Liberty City wouldn't take long at all as majority of the structure is done, look how quick those modders for the PC version made it look more beautiful. As for the 3D worlds, Vice City and other San Andreas states. I don't think we'll be seeing any of those until a new game.

So like you said, Liberty City and N.Yankton for sure. But anything else will come and be added to GTA:O as new single player stories come out. Who knows they may have built one for a DLC though. It was a very very long development process.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, keep dreaming

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

NO I actually meant an interview which was released after the game already came out. It was on R* newswire; not on gameinformer. 

I don't talk bullsh*t; I find information and I also gave the sites where I got the info. 

Sorry if the information turns out to be fake; but then you should look at them and not me. 

Of course you can understand the information it in more ways; but that depends on the person. 

Like I said before; the big cities will probably arrive in GTA Online with a new singleplayer story. (A new game)

Rockstar is smart, it is a company; it's all about the money.

The way how Rockstar can get the most money is this way: (and very obvious)

- each 2/3 months a DLC (new missions; sometimes bigger dlc) some free, some paid.

- microtransactions to get items early/quicker

- each 3 or more years a new GTA, and that city is added to GTA Online.

This way they get a steady fanbase and they get a steady income. this is what every company wants.

The fans stay because GTA Online will stay fun and different enough with new maps, missions, items, cars etc. and Rockstar gets more and more money.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Lol, if R* can't even get one city to actually work online, how would they get multiple cities to work? While I haven't played GTAO yet, I've only heard negative things about it. If the future of GTA is online, then R* should begin digging their grave

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

NO I actually meant an interview which was released after the game already came out. It was on R* newswire; not on gameinformer. 

I don't talk bullsh*t; I find information and I also gave the sites where I got the info. 

Sorry if the information turns out to be fake; but then you should look at them and not me. 

Of course you can understand the information it in more ways; but that depends on the person. 

Like I said before; the big cities will probably arrive in GTA Online with a new singleplayer story. (A new game)

- each 2/3 months a DLC (new missions; sometimes bigger dlc) some free, some paid.

This way they get a steady fanbase and they get a steady income. this is what every company wants.

The fans stay because GTA Online will stay fun and different enough with new maps, missions, items, cars etc. and Rockstar gets more and more money.

Well, it took me less than 3 minutes to totally discredit everything that you said, so regardless of where the information came from, it's wrong. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't really understand how games like these are put together, but without me having to explain to you at length why your assumptions are preposterous, I'll try to condense it.

GTAO has been designed in it's current iteration to run on the hardware available. This means that players of GTAO on the current hardware will NEVER see an expansion the size of Liberty City or Vice, simply because the machine has already had it's last drop of technical capability wrung out of it.

If you want to talk about next-gen hardware and it's capabilities then we're even further into baseless speculation. It goes without saying that the structure of GTAO in the future will be different to what we have seen so far, but for any of you to say that Liberty City has been confirmed as an addition is just utter nonsense. Even though R* have the basics of the Liberty City map, you'd have to be a total idiot to think they could just throw it together and tack it onto the end of GTAO. Do you have any idea of the scope that a project like that would entail? Apparently not. It isn't as simple as just copying the files from one game to another, sticking some water in between, et voila! It's funny that some of you are that naive.

The bottom line here is that the top dogs at R* have done nothing more than voice what they would love to see in the future, it is not confirmation of anything. All this thread is serving to do is get people excited about things that are not even in the pipeline.

barbrady.jpg

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

First of all; I study game design, so I know a lot about it.

Next to that; 5 years is a very long time to create a game; even as big as GTA.

And the information may be wrong; but don't disregard me as if I don't know anything about it. The magazines and internet pages which I read clearly state what I already said. So sorry if you don't believe them; but don't kill the messenger (me)...

Next to that; It doesn't matter if you or me is right. It matters what is the topic; and that is the question if there will be new cities. And in my eyes (and many others) it is clear that there will be new cities.

PS: I didn't want to offend you in anyway. :) 

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

First of all; I study game design, so I know a lot about it.

Next to that; 5 years is a very long time to create a game; even as big as GTA.

And the information may be wrong; but don't disregard me as if I don't know anything about it. The magazines and internet pages which I read clearly state what I already said. So sorry if you don't believe them; but don't kill the messenger (me)...

Next to that; It doesn't matter if you or me is right. It matters what is the topic; and that is the question if there will be new cities. And in my eyes (and many others) it is clear that there will be new cities.

PS: I didn't want to offend you in anyway. :)

You haven't offended me mate, I'm just saying that what you've said is unsubstantiated. You said you had information from websites, where are your links? I linked the interviews I managed to find when I tried to research what you'd said and it turned up nothing.

I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm burning the message.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

I wonder if they will port IV's Liberty City or try to remake III's. I would be fine with any option, since I never played IV and I would like to see a HD version of III's, since it's my favorite GTA (apart from V).

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by gtarules_95, 09 November 2013 - 01:36 AM.

That's sad

indeed it is man wtf happened to rockstar?

GTA was always about the SP because of their new sh*tty direction the SP of GTA V already suffered

I really hope the SP also gets the new cities if they release them for online

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 09 November 2013 - 02:03 AM.

I wonder if they will port IV's Liberty City or try to remake III's. I would be fine with any option, since I never played IV and I would like to see a HD version of III's, since it's my favorite GTA (apart from V).

They already did.iuy6.jpgn4or.jpg

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

The question isn't when.

Its confirmed.... dumbass

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

The question isn't when.

Its confirmed.... dumbass

Was calling him a dumbass really necessary? 

Wolf Of Nibu
  • Wolf Of Nibu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Well, it took me less than 3 minutes to totally discredit everything that you said, so regardless of where the information came from, it's wrong. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't really understand how games like these are put together, but without me having to explain to you at length why your assumptions are preposterous, I'll try to condense it.

GTAO has been designed in it's current iteration to run on the hardware available. This means that players of GTAO on the current hardware will NEVER see an expansion the size of Liberty City or Vice, simply because the machine has already had it's last drop of technical capability wrung out of it.

If you want to talk about next-gen hardware and it's capabilities then we're even further into baseless speculation. It goes without saying that the structure of GTAO in the future will be different to what we have seen so far, but for any of you to say that Liberty City has been confirmed as an addition is just utter nonsense. Even though R* have the basics of the Liberty City map, you'd have to be a total idiot to think they could just throw it together and tack it onto the end of GTAO. Do you have any idea of the scope that a project like that would entail? Apparently not. It isn't as simple as just copying the files from one game to another, sticking some water in between, et voila! It's funny that some of you are that naive.

The bottom line here is that the top dogs at R* have done nothing more than voice what they would love to see in the future, it is not confirmation of anything. All this thread is serving to do is get people excited about things that are not even in the pipeline.

barbrady.jpg

I think that your '' Took less than 3 minutes '' Is more of an exaggeration than anything on this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users