» «
Photo

"You have been kicked from this job" -- literally every other

24 replies to this topic
altjx
  • altjx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by altjx, 08 November 2013 - 02:50 AM.

Is this a bug or something that it happens SO many times and so frequently?? Or are people really that annoying when it comes to doing jobs? Idk what the deal is, but just about every three or four jobs I try joining, I get kicked from it after like 10 seconds. 

It's annoying as sh*t and makes joining jobs via quick job almost impossible in my case. I've gotten kicked from the last 4 random jobs I've tried doing... 

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Let me guess, you are level 250 or higher?

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

I havent had this happen but its probable ppl doing jobs with crew mates or friends and really dont randoms and hadnt gotten the closed session part yet.

• DMC14 likes this

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

What are these jobs exactly? Are they races? I get kicked from a lot of races because the host wants to play with his friends and/or crew members only. Some missions too, but mostly races.

altjx
  • altjx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by altjx, 08 November 2013 - 02:58 AM.

I've experienced this on both missions and races. I'm only level 113. 

Doesn't turning matchmaking to "Closed" prevent people from joining via Quick Job? I'm guessing a lot of people just don't know about this or something. Sigh.

Bonkersberry
  • Bonkersberry

Gearhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I got kicked from 3 deathmatches in a row right after updating to 1.05. Then finally got into a small one. 

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Yeah I like to do the quick mission jump also. I mostly get kicked from crew jobs.

Most of the time I will say into the mic, please don't kick me I don't suck. Usually works. Having a mic as a random helps a lot. I will wait if someone quik joins a job I'm hosting to see if they have a mic. If not I kick them because I don't have time to waste if that person doesn't know what they are doing. Like not being a high enough level for the job the way it is. Or just a standaround until I get the job done type.
  • altjx likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

It happens because some of the idiots playing haven't quite worked out what the "Matchmaking" option does.

*sigh*

• altjx likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Not sure if it's already been said but the main reason is after a mission completes, a lobby becomes "Open" even if it's set to "Closed" - so you can accidently join private game sessions - and they need to kick you out and open/close it again.

Other causes are a) you make funny noise on mic b) rank scary high c) your gamertag is offensive or references  Ponies or Kittens d) your internet ranks between Poo and Unacceptable.

altjx
  • altjx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

It happens because some of the idiots playing haven't quite worked out what the "Matchmaking" option does.

*sigh*

Agreed. Wish this was a colored option or something to bring it to the host's attention. I'm finding myself being kicked out of more and more missions as time goes on.

Yeah I like to do the quick mission jump also. I mostly get kicked from crew jobs.

Most of the time I will say into the mic, please don't kick me I don't suck. Usually works. Having a mic as a random helps a lot. I will wait if someone quik joins a job I'm hosting to see if they have a mic. If not I kick them because I don't have time to waste if that person doesn't know what they are doing. Like not being a high enough level for the job the way it is. Or just a standaround until I get the job done type.

Yeah, I can definitely understand this as well.

FrEshBrEadStiCk
  • FrEshBrEadStiCk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

I kick players that somehow manage to join my closed matchmaking session while I'm in an invite only lobby.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

I routinely since patch 1.05 have been being booted to single player and its saying other players booted you from session when i know thats not the case it will even be mid job with friends and stuff in a private lobby.

rockstar just keeps messing up over and over and over again.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

I kick players that somehow manage to join my closed matchmaking session while I'm in an invite only lobby.

Same, always happens, I have matchmaking closed and people still join

Broken sh*t

altjx
  • altjx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Weird. I never have anyone join my lobby when I have matchmaking set to closed. I'm guessing someone possibly already began joining your game before you switched it to close? I can't recall if it stays the same each job.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

When I do a closed session no one ever joins it unless I invite them. Maybe i'm just lucky, I don't understand when I see all the fuss. I've seen it enough to believe there must be something to it though.

FrEshBrEadStiCk
  • FrEshBrEadStiCk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:12 AM Edited by FrEshBrEadStiCk, 08 November 2013 - 04:13 AM.

I'm guessing someone possibly already began joining your game before you switched it to close? I can't recall if it stays the same each job.

My matchmaking is always closed by default. It hasn't been open at any point since day one of online. Randoms still manage to join every other job I host. It's infuriating.

Shadow184
  • Shadow184

GTAO Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

Me and my friends kick random people when we are doing stuff together.

Solution: get some friends.

• DR1P likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've experienced this on both missions and races. I'm only level 113. 

Doesn't turning matchmaking to "Closed" prevent people from joining via Quick Job? I'm guessing a lot of people just don't know about this or something. Sigh.

yes but that option is on the second screen and sometimes people join before you can change it.

i've also seen people trying to join my game and then just as the should go from joining to joined it sez left.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm level 207. I decided I wanted to do Quick Job random Missions.

Got kicked from the first one.

Got kicked from the second one.

Now it says Quick Jobs are not available.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Maybe you're one of those people who has a microphone picking up either all the background noise in your house or the sh*tty music you like to listen to really loudly.

• who-dat likes this

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

It doesnt matter if you are in an invite only session. Jobs are open to anyone, even if they are in a different lobby than you. Its global 

Babyhandslamm87
  • Babyhandslamm87

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Same happened to me... Lvl 102 ..no mic... 5 capture "quick jobs" in a row.... 6th one I got into a massive one! Thought it had to be the game not players kicking me

Thedarkskar
  • Thedarkskar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

I've noticed I'm getting kicked a lot more lately (since the 1.08 patch.) Does get rather annoying when I'm actually a pretty decent player that always does the objective/waits to give people a lift if needed....

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Totally annoying. 

Join Quick Race.....first thing I here: "Who's this f*cking idiot? Why does he think he can race with us?! Kick him"......Da'fuq? Who is the idiot here? The one who is allowing randoms to join is who. 

• PreciousWall likes this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm level 207. I decided I wanted to do Quick Job random Missions.

Got kicked from the first one.

Got kicked from the second one.

Now it says Quick Jobs are not available.

Take 3 steps in any direction and try again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users