Photo

Society

11 replies to this topic
Cashy
  • Cashy

1983, that was the year son!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

I've been dead on here for a while, but I'm back just looking for a place to vent constructively. I have always found that writing down ones thoughts and feelings is the best way to deal with them but one can learn a lot about oneself by reflecting on these thoughts at a later time. 

I find myself becoming increasingly angry at the issues that are facing the once great British society:

• The rising cost of living
  • The poorer getting poorer and richer getting richer
  • Mass unemployment
  • Public depression
  • The public opinion on my generation
  • Bankers profiting off the recession
  • The wrong sort of attention on politicians for the wrong reasons
  • Servicemen being criticized for doing exactly what the taxpayer pays them to do
  • Poorly formed government initiatives that are being exploited by international corporations
  • The Intelligence services being penalized for "knowing to much"

But most importantly, I'm angry at the fact it doesn't seem to get any better. I can't help think that I'm crying over spilt milk, because I feel that I'm too young - at the ripe old age of 19 - to do anything about it. I try to focus on my own sh*t, deal with my own problems, but it's all you ever hear about these days. News isn't meant to be happy I know, and I'm not one of the fanatical kind who believes that the media is one massive conspiracy to keep the masses informed with controlled knowledge that is supposed to keep me in fear. After all, I'm not scared, I'm just angry. 

So, who am I? Well, I'm a 19 year old lad with a decently paid job (for the work I do), who goes to the gym in the week and drinks on the weekend, lives at home, plays Xbox, loves his mum and dad, hates his brother and lives for his friends. I'll join the Forces too, I just haven't quite got there yet. It's a normal life for a normal person. But I don't feel too normal these days; because I'm angry at what's around me. Surely a normal person wouldn't get angry at this, quite frankly, sh*te state of affairs my country is in? You tell me. 

When I'm not finding myself angry at these situations (or getting pissed off when I hear the theme for BBC News), I'm asking myself the questions "why am I angry" and "what can I do about it"?. I cannot come up with an answer for either, but only a best guess. For being angry, I guess I just feel helpless because I can't change it and it comes back to my desire for me wanting to help people - the people I will never meet, the people I just pass in the street and the people who I hold nearest and dearest. All I've ever wanted to do is help people, but how do I do it? Who the f*ck knows. 

What can I do about it? I wouldn't even know where to begin thinking about how to change the world, but I guess I'm gonna keep being angry at it until I see some f*cking change. 

I'm sure a lot of people are angry or minorly annoyed at the state the UK and the rest of the world is in, but does anyone feel like I do? Has anyone just woken up one morning, done their usual routine, but as they look at the TV or listened to the radio, have they had the thought of "What the f*ck has it all come too"?. Maybe some people feel like I do and just wanna try and make it better, but who knows.

Tell me what you think it is, cause I just do not know anymore. 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm no expert, but from reading what you have written, I think this.

You are a bit of a control freak. First, at the age of 19 you are at the start of taking an interest and becoming aware of how the world works, government, news etc. You don't feel that you can control it, this is what makes you angry.

I think you want to help people because you are fundamentally a good person, combined with your need to control and that equates to you wanting to help people.

Moving on, the idea that the world has turned into a load of sh*t is both right and wrong, imo. It is wrong because people in the developed world are still living with a better 'standard of living' than they were decades ago. They say that in a few years we (in the UK for example) will be where we were in 2001, or there abouts. Whilst it might sound terrible that we haven't moved forward in all those years, were times that bad in 2001? No.

As for the idea that the world IS sh*t now. People are less happy. Society is f*cked. There is no such thing as freedom. We are controlled far more than we realise. People surround them selves with too much technology.

The family unit has broken down because the natural hierarchy that life works to, is no longer in place. In home, business, animal kingdom, up until a few decades ago, things went as follows:

Man

Women

Child

Animals

Obviously that is a rough mould, but it works none the less. Because we have all this equality bull sh*t today, people are less happy. If you had a business were there were two CEOs, instead of one CEO and one deputy as things are, the business would not succeed. Because you need one person to ultimately call the shots. Families work in just the same way. When the man was in charge, the whole family was much happier. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if we could all be equal, but the truth is, equality as far as gender equality goes, makes us less happy. It would also be nice if no one needed locks on their front doors, but that will just never be able to happen. Because there will always be bad people out there and men will always be superior to women. Name one area in life where women succeed at over men? eg the greatest world leaders, most successful singers, most famous landscape artists, most famous astronauts?

I could rattle on about the lack of freedom coming through Political Correctness, which prevents us from saying and doing what we really think. The excessive Health and Safety, that must exist to protect us against liability. And the UK is one of the worst:

Ever driven down a road and had to stop at some road works traffic lights? Consider how much space is taken up by the actual hole in the ground, workers and diggers. Then compare that to the amount of space taken up by cones, warning signs and traffic lights. I go abroad to some other countries, and when they need to dig a hole in the ground, they put one sign up, two cones and get the f*ck on with it.

Most of this of course is based on the fact that happiness is the meaning of life, which it is, I think? Either way I wouldn't worry, you are 19 and in a few weeks you will be worrying about something else, lucky for you  ;).

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by AceRay, 17 November 2013 - 11:50 PM.

Name one area in life where women succeed at over men?

Child Birth.

Seriously, from a biological standpoint, men are physically stronger than women, and there's definitely differences between men and women that have to be taken into account psychologically, but in all honesty, your argument sounds incredibly misogynistic and I'm actually insulted. You want to go back to a time when women's place is in the kitchen and supporting the man? How about when it was seen as okay to beat your wife if they disagreed with you? Also, rape was legal in the 1950s in America. I guess that's a good way of controlling your less superior woman. That's some seriously backwards thinking. What are your thoughts on the LGBT community or mixed racial families?

People's value should be based on their actions rather than sweeping generalizations about their gender.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Name one area in life where women succeed at over men?

Child Birth.

Seriously, from a biological standpoint, men are physically stronger than women, and there's definitely differences between men and women that have to be taken into account psychologically, but in all honesty, your argument sounds incredibly misogynistic and I'm actually insulted. You want to go back to a time when women's place is in the kitchen and supporting the man? How about when it was seen as okay to beat your wife if they disagreed with you? Also, rape was legal in the 1950s in America. I guess that's a good way of controlling your less superior woman. That's some seriously backwards thinking.

People's value should be based on their actions rather than sweeping generalizations about their gender.

Child birth? Is that the only answer people can ever give me? [ <- rhetorical question]

Do I think it is okay for a man to hit his wife? No. But when you add all the pros and cons together of how things are now, and how they were then, I believe people were happier then. The lesser evil, if you will.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Child birth? Is that the only answer people can ever give me? [ <- rhetorical question]

Do I think it is okay for a man to hit his wife? No. But when you add all the pros and cons together of how things are now, and how they were then, I believe people were happier then. The lesser evil, if you will.

You're speaking over such broad generalizations that child birth is really the only viable option, but gender shouldn't even play that big of a role when judging someone. Either a woman or a man could be equally as good a manger, car salesman, artist, world leader etc.

Oh, so were you alive back then and could compare the two equally? Or are you just pulling sh*t out of your rear end to justify your sexist opinions?

I think the later. I'd like to see if you'd think the same thing if you were a woman or a minority.

You also mentioned how all the really successful world leaders, singers, artists etc were all male and not female. That's because women were subsided to family raising and being a wife by society and weren't allowed to be anything else by males, that's why.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by StormerBoy, 18 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

You're speaking over such broad generalizations that child birth is really the only viable option, but gender shouldn't even play that big of a role when judging someone. Either a woman or a man could be equally as good a manger, car salesman, artist, world leader etc.

Oh, so were you alive back then and could compare the two equally? Or are you just pulling sh*t out of your rear end to justify your sexist opinions?

I think the later. I'd like to see if you'd think the same thing if you were a woman or a minority.

You also mentioned how all the really successful world leaders, singers, artists etc were all male and not female. That's because women were subsided to family raising and being a wife by society and weren't allowed to be anything else by males, that's why.

No I wasn't alive back then, so I guess I must be pulling sh*t out my rear? If I were a women, I would obviously have a different perspective, but would it be an impartial one?

If women weren't allowed to be 'anything else', then why not? Because they are inferior.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

No, it's not because they were inferior, it's because back then child birth was a lot bigger than it is now, and here's why.

Way way back, the basic goal of life was live, successfuly reproduce, die. Men would impregnate women far more often than they do now because so many of the children would die of some random disease, or some kind of accident. That doesn't happen all too often anymore, as a matter of fact the world is becoming overpopulated.

These days we have the knowledge to keep the MAJORITY of sick children alive. I'm not saying EVERY baby lives to be an adult, but on average a family will have a few children, normally up to three, and that's it. They have regular doctor and dentist visits, and barring the situations where they're involved in some kind of horrible accident or obtain some heinous fatal disease, they grow up.

Now, when I said the world is overpopulated, I honestly think people are f*cking too much, and hear me out on this, I'm not saying to stop having sex but ffs pull out or SOMETHING, I mean, since 1999, a BILLION people were added to the world population, and that number isn't showing any sign of dropping. Imagine having to share your dinner at current portions with your whole neighborhood. That's what's coming.

I believe THAT is at the core of all our problems.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

No, it's not because they were inferior, it's because back then child birth was a lot bigger than it is now, and here's why.

Way way back, the basic goal of life was live, successfuly reproduce, die. Men would impregnate women far more often than they do now because so many of the children would die of some random disease, or some kind of accident. That doesn't happen all too often anymore, as a matter of fact the world is becoming overpopulated.

These days we have the knowledge to keep the MAJORITY of sick children alive. I'm not saying EVERY baby lives to be an adult, but on average a family will have a few children, normally up to three, and that's it. They have regular doctor and dentist visits, and barring the situations where they're involved in some kind of horrible accident or obtain some heinous fatal disease, they grow up.

Now, when I said the world is overpopulated, I honestly think people are f*cking too much, and hear me out on this, I'm not saying to stop having sex but ffs pull out or SOMETHING, I mean, since 1999, a BILLION people were added to the world population, and that number isn't showing any sign of dropping. Imagine having to share your dinner at current portions with your whole neighborhood. That's what's coming.

I believe THAT is at the core of all our problems.

Yep, it's time to cut the population, there just isn't enough for everybody!

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Blastoise1994, 18 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

I think I smell a troll, but at seven billion people and growing why not? No, I'm not saying just start straight up murdering people, I'm saying to regulate the population increase, stop rewarding these bimbos for having eighteen f*ckin' kids and then throwin' a goddamn bean n' cheese at 'em while she goes out to have her hair done.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 18 November 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Agreed, and I ain't trolling.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

I think I smell a troll.

That's been going through my mind recently as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users