Photo

Trolling Down the Drain & Criminal Records

33 replies to this topic
BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

I've had enough of everyone picking these sh*tty races all the time, so I've resorted to trolling them by going out of my way to pit them all. 

I absolutely despise pitting, almost as much as these races, but it must be said it is quite enjoyable when you're not taking the races seriously - and it's actually quite an effective tactic when catchup is on (which for most of these guys it is).

I've ended up winning a fair few, they end up swearing at me in French (why are so many of them French?) or their squeaky adolescent voices and then kicking me most the time - but it's a very successful trolling technique for those of you who like to troll - Ordinarily I wouldn't behave like this, but I would encourage trolling these farmers because it is ruining racing for everyone else.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

jump now

leeco
  • leeco

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Eh?  That's what ever body does on this track.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

When someone slip streams me I slam the breaks hahahaha

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

douche.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

I've had enough of everyone picking these sh*tty races all the time, so I've resorted to trolling them by going out of my way to pit them all. 

I absolutely despise pitting, almost as much as these races, but it must be said it is quite enjoyable when you're not taking the races seriously - and it's actually quite an effective tactic when catchup is on (which for most of these guys it is).

I've ended up winning a fair few, they end up swearing at me in French (why are so many of them French?) or their squeaky adolescent voices and then kicking me most the time - but it's a very successful trolling technique for those of you who like to troll - Ordinarily I wouldn't behave like this, but I would encourage trolling these farmers because it is ruining racing for everyone else.

Stop. Go start your own damn race. Your not sick of anything. Though the audience may be.
  • a20characterusername likes this

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Someone else posted a topic about this very thing. Might have been OP, not sure. 

To be honest, why are you worried so much about what other people do? If they wanna grind criminal records and down the drain, let them. At least they enjoy it. Not sure why anyone would waste their time griefing races. 

BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Someone else posted a topic about this very thing. Might have been OP, not sure. 

To be honest, why are you worried so much about what other people do? If they wanna grind criminal records and down the drain, let them. At least they enjoy it. Not sure why anyone would waste their time griefing races. 

It can take up to 20 minutes to find a race on a decent track, because so many people are farming the most boring tracks on the game.

If there were a decent search function, then there wouldn't be a problem - but there isn't.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

It can take up to 20 minutes to find a race on a decent track, because so many people are farming the most boring tracks on the game.

If there were a decent search function, then there wouldn't be a problem - but there isn't.

does my head in aswell,those tracks are dire,  though cant really blame people,rockstars fault for putting high rewards on them

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

OP dislikes criminal records, yet plays it anyway. OP dislikes people who PIT, yet does it anyway.

Clearly, the problem is with everyone else.

I don't see how people racing a certain way "ruins it for everyone else". Seems like you're the one intent on ruining other people's races, and that's fine too, but you're not any different than the people you're complaining about.

• bPiNs, crashhat69 and DarkReaper9429 like this

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

instead of doing the race just to pit people why not just not play it?

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

OP, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between what you're describing and what I would call "a stock-standard GTA Online Race". Everybody PITs, everybody rams. 

I guess what I'm really saying is congrats on perfecting the PIT and glad you're enjoying your game - no need to come up with a bullsh*t rationale to justify employing it - what, do you need our blessing or something?

But, hey, to each their own - if this is what you need to tell yourself to justify your assholery, then that's how it is.  Best of luck in your campaign to single-handedly end DtD race spamming. 

This thread brings to mind the LSC campers who say "I'm fighting the glitchers!". Sure, buddy. And I'm just giving this hooker directions, after which all prostitution will cease voluntarily. 

• a20characterusername likes this

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

PIT is too easy to preform in my opinion. Only good races are the bike ones and the GTA races where at least you KNOW you're meant to play dirty.

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

It's funny interacting with these internet police. Who cares what race they do. It's completely within the normal game play to replay missions. Rockstar has even said farming is ok. If you have played the game every race and mission. Sooner or later you start repeating missions and races.

The game is limited online besides creating your own fun on free mode. There are a limited variety of missions. Play the ones you like and quit being a douche to people who play the games they like.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Decide which race you want to do, pull up the map, highlight the race with your cursor and hit square on PS3 or (I'm assuming here) X on the Xbox, and you'll go to that race. It's one way you can quickly get to any race on the map without taking the random route via the phone. 

• gtapluralgerm likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

PIT is too easy to preform in my opinion. Only good races are the bike ones and the GTA races where at least you KNOW you're meant to play dirty.

I love doing bike races, but it's difficult finding others who do.

'GTA style' motorcycle races with traffic and wanted levels on can be great fun.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well the point of CR isn't winning, so doing a PIT there probably won't piss anyone off.

Ahuehuehue
  • Ahuehuehue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

I like to invite people to Criminal Records and have it on 1 lap, right before I start it I swap it to 99 laps.

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Well the point of CR isn't winning, so doing a PIT there probably won't piss anyone off.

don't you need to win to get unlocks for your cars though?

I assumed that's why people replay them ad nauseum

UNLESS winning just means finishing top 3 or something which would be great.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

It has to be an issue with match making. I host other races all the time and until just recently people were joining just fine. all of a sudden its a ghost town when I host now only people that ever join in are my friends or 1-2 people from the session im in. I get no quick match joins at all and match making is set to open. im perplexed.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 08 November 2013 - 02:19 AM.

don't you need to win to get unlocks for your cars though?

I assumed that's why people replay them ad nauseum

UNLESS winning just means finishing top 3 or something which would be great.

A lot of people do it just to grind RP and make some quick cash, winning just sweetens the deal.

Personally I don't grind CR much, maybe a few 3 lap races here and there with randoms.

Manic_Feer
  • Manic_Feer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Sorry guys :p

PETmyPUPPIES
  • PETmyPUPPIES

Dirty Glitcher - Lobby Griefer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

I usually just drive the circle and if someone gets in their way they get hit. But when people try to set a race a 50 laps or some other ridiculous amount my favorite thing to do is drive backwards and ram them to make it take twice as long.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

The French are wonderful people and there is nothing better than doing Down The Drain with them especially if it is on motorcycles or a GTA race. Easily my favorite group of gamers to play with.

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Down the drain I might play sometimes, but never Criminal Records. What I don't understand is that there's a lot of fun race tracks in this game, off-road and water races, yet no one ever plays them. And they all give a better payout than Criminal Records.

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Deliberately spinning people, basically.

The police call it the PIT manoeuvre

In this game the slightest tap of the rear wheel will cause you to spin.

gtapluralgerm
  • gtapluralgerm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Easy fix. Go to your map. Select the race you want and join it. Now stop complaining and let me get back to driving in circles

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

I like to invite people to Criminal Records and have it on 1 lap, right before I start it I swap it to 99 laps.

I strongly dislike you.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

I was in a race with just another guy earlier. He goes to pit me in the begining of the race so i hit the brake to try and avoid it since i knew even if he got a little ahead i could slip stream and be fine. He ends up still hitting the front of car and since i was slowing i didnt lose control but he did. He puts on his mic that was connected at start or during the race ust to rage that i pit him even though he just saw i was about to go by him and tried to turn into my car on a straight away. Such an awesome moment knowing he did it completely to himself then raged so hard.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Police Intercept Technique, IIRC. 

You use your front quarter to impact laterally the rear quarter of your target. If done correctly, they'll spin out 180 degrees (and IRL, the cop stops with you, so he'll be right alongside the whole way - it's very cool to see IRL - unless you happen to be the one running from the cops, I guess). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users