Quantcast

» «
Photo

What would GTA Online be like without the money glitches?

102 replies to this topic
Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Game would be insufferably boring.  Lets face it, racing over and over and over or doing missions over and over and over, only to end up with a mid level apt in a month and 2 cars isn't fun for most.  Being able to do what ever you want, when ever you want is.  Lets face it, in a game where the whole premise is to become a criminal success, glitching actually seems to fit the game.

Plus some of the things like paint and visual car mods cost way too much, it's not fun thinking you can either buy ammo or a sweet color for your ride.

No no no.

Your obviously an impatient phag.

It's way more gratifying earning something that's difficult then having your mom serve it to you on a golden platter ala glitchers

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by B3astGTS, 09 November 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Rockstar didn't "create a grind fest", they created a progression system. It's only because a proportion of their userbase can't understand that progress is meant to be slow (evidence: no real missions above level 100 - you think they want people to have nothing new to do from 100-999??), people are meant to enjoy playing the game, participating in missions etc. Unfortunately, a large number of people don't understand this, and want everything NOW, all the best stuff NOW, so call actually playing the game "grinding".

You know what guys, if you find the game a grind (synonymous with boring) there's plenty of other sh*t you can be filling your time with and maybe GTA:Online isn't for you. Eject the disc and return it to your vendor for trade in. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Wow, did R* pay you? Your post is ridiculous. First off, a progression based game purposely made to have slow advancement is basically the definition of a "grind fest". People often get bored playing these, but it's not an essential factor.

You know why people want stuff now? Because it gives you the freedom to play the game the way you want and have fun. If I feel like going on a minigun rampage, I shouldn't have to play through hundreds of missions to rank up, or have to repeat a small set of races over and over again. However, that's what the design of GTA Online makes people do. It went from being focused on fun in IV, to another hamster wheel game that purposely holds back the fun to try and get you to spend more money.

Also note, this from someone that hasn't glitched.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

GTA Online without the money glitches? It would be exactly the same.

Some of the top items are too cheap (i.e. apartments) and some people have a lot of time on their hands, and are dedicated enough, to earn high RP and cash whether there are glitches or not.

I've not glitched, and I've played at a very casual pace but I've earned (checks R* Social Site) $864,694 from the game so far. I've chosen to put most of that on modding my free Elegy RH8 but instead I could have bought the top end apartment, if I wanted.

My opinion is that the game should always leave you wanting more. I think the low end apartments should be cheap (even cheaper than they currently are, but you should be able to live in trailers, like Trevor does) but the top end apartments with 10 garages should cost about $5 million. Something to aim for. And maybe even have mansion houses at $20 million.

I'm assuming the heists are going to deliver big payments so I was prepared to be patient until then before living the penthouse dream.

Now with the cash incentive I guess I don't have the option to be patient anymore. I'll live in the same high-end block as everyone else. Sigh.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yeah, I glitched... only about 5mil. It made the game fun for me buying some cars I wanted and not worrying about losing money everytime I die. I guess it's different for some people, but if I didn't glitch 5mil this game would be alot LESS fun.

Ahuehuehue
  • Ahuehuehue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Everyone would be getting roflstomped by all the nerds that played 24/7 when it came out.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

i-dont-care_3.png

JRC99
  • JRC99

Head of the Road Rashers MC

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

The game is better without cheating plain and simple.

If your so overwhelmed, distraught and defeated by a virtual gathering of pixels that you resort to cheating...that says more than is necessary about how mentally fragile you are. How weak and feeble you must be...

Just think about it for a second. You are so defeated by a GAME, that the only way to get your jollies is to do a workaround of the games code to give yourself the advantage. You find a computer generated image and random coding is beyond your intelligence and has you crying in a corner, diabolically scheming to get your virtual revenge ?? Wow just wow. I believe these people deserve a new definition to the term fail.

Can't say I can fathom such a worthless existence...

Dude, It's a F*CKING GAME! Either you're a troll, or an idiot with a half decent vocabulary. Chill out. Make real friends. Just stop b*tching as if the world is ending.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

I see the pros and cons.

I also see R*'s purpose of attempting to create an actual online economy.

The only problem is, they haven't done a very good job at all in creating one. They def over reached their vision and that's too bad because if it was implemented correctly things may be a bit dif.

after saying that, I'm confident that the in game economy will never be fulfilled like R* intended and what you see is basically what you get. Everything has already been ruined.

Hopefully R* sees this is a learning curve and makes the following GTA much better with it's actual economy. aka TEST IT.

Shdwplayer
  • Shdwplayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

Have never felt the need to glitch and still have a healthy wallet even after getting most everything I want, so in short even without glitching money is not an issue for me. I dunno where all this bitching comes from that you can't make enough money without grinding and therefore glitch. Try checking the very valuable payout mission guide here in the forums. Sell cars regularly (some of those missions even give you cars you can sell more than the 9k you can get from ballers or felons in free roam, shocker!).

OT Every purchase means more (I'm talking about the actual stuff you get not the goddamn bullets and explosives people complain about, i regularly keep my ammo above 1500 rounds for most guns and keep at least 10 nades and stickies on me when I can. The f*ck are these whiners doing, shooting in the air or something?, that they would complain about the prices in ammunation). Cars apartment boats planes, even contact services.
You can play at your own pace relaxed. I can only imagine that most glitchers who feel the need to "top up" every now and then have grown accustomed to a style that bleeds money, that their enjoyment now rests on their next fix. If ever glitches do get fixed (which won't be soon and personally I don't mind since glitchers don't really affect me) these people with either quit or become some new anxious farmers. Either that or maybe find a way to have fun anyways as so many have done.
All that and everything else OP mentioned.

We've also got to remember that this game was designed with a certain pace in mind. People were progressing faster and getting bored faster so rockstar made the mistake of trying to adjust things (though I can't really think of a solution either) that only pushed some people to glitches to blow their measured pace completely out of the water. And guess what most of those people are now bored thus feel the need to go chasing more highs/fun needing to do glitches to fuel them.
The exploits only exacerbate the problems that rockstar needs to fix btw and could be an addition to the delays of content we're all having. GTA online would be different maybe we'd have some content out by now, no one knows

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

I glitched on my last account (money only) and started  legit account yesterday. I had everything and wanted the progression feeling again. Its ok for me because I know what there is now.

I know what I like (cars and what not) so I don't have to waste money. It was what all my friends were doing, watching tv and farming criminal records. But I have no problem making money now that I know how to do it. Gang wars, crates, and selling vehicles in between missions

I guess my point is I don't mind glitching or farming and everyone is different like one person said. I did it to get the most out of vehicles and that's why I play the game really. Its my open world race track lol.  

I play with friends all the time so I don't really know how glitchers are the problem. If they didn't tank your ass they would snipe your ass or something else you know.

Glitch on - Or not, what ever you want to do

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Forever hungry

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

There's no con to me for glitching.

I regret nothing, nothing at all.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Every player would be dressed in rags eating out of the trash can. And our homes would be cardboard houses

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

This game without glitching? Well, I would like to think that they would get massive complaints about the reward system and then alter it, but they probably would lower it even more instead of raise it.

Also no police cars in your garage? Lame and no point in prohibiting such a thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users