Quantcast

» «
Photo

What would GTA Online be like without the money glitches?

102 replies to this topic
SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by SkyWest1218, 08 November 2013 - 04:19 AM.

Honestly, it doesn't matter whether there are glitchers or not, because the fact is, either you have to devote hours upon hours to grinding, possibly for several weeks depending on your real life commitments (something that I, as a mechanical engineering student, can't really do) to get those millions, or you spend $20 and get it anyway (on that note, with prices for things in the game being as high as they are, it's easy to blow through two million in just a few hours. That means if you buy two cash cards for $20 each, that's essentially the same as buying the game twice, and you only get made up money. $40 in real cash for something that doesn't give you much to begin with. I can't be the only one who thinks this whole concept is idiotic). And it's for this very reason that saying the glitching is wrong is a steaming pile of turds. Granted, it's not what Rockstar intended, but if you can be a mere level 3 and shell out a bit of dough for those millions, then the point is moot. Does having all that money give you an advantage? You're darn right it does! Which is why some of us have done all the farming/glitching. In my case, I did it because I was sick of being killed constantly for no reason other than I couldn't afford any decent weapons/ammo (ironically, because I was being killed so much for no reason. It's a vicious cycle). Glitching was basically the only way I could get on even ground with either the people who had spammed the living daylights out of missions before Rockstar nerfed 'em or with the others who had glitched like crazy. It was that or spend night after night being spawn killed with assault rifles and blown up with sticky bombs every two minutes. So which do you think I chose? It might not have been the "right" way, but neither is buying it rather than earning it. If you got everything you have legitimately by doing tons of missions and races, then good for you. It's respectable, it's playing the game the way it's meant to be played. But if you glitched your cash, then I can't say I blame you, it's completely understandable with things the way they are in GTA online.

With that being said, chew me out all you want.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

I dont glitch or cheat. hell. i havent even traded race wins yet for car mod unlocks. I have grinded my way to a 10 car appartment ( the 240k one) and i have 6 cars in it all modded as far as the unlocks will let me. Its hella fun for me. Wouldnt be fun if i could just buy the best stuff without effort

• vw11 likes this

vw11
  • vw11

Simply me

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Non-glitcher, always broke, but I really love the challenge. I feel proud accomplishing my goals (level 50 today) driving my gauntlet, elegy, and my big purchase, an Akuma. Thought about buying a supercar with my 500k, but I couldn't afford upgrades.

I spend lots of time free roam. I like the challenge of out driving super cars. It doesn't always go my way. I find a new session if I'm becoming tank fodder.

Overall i'm Simply Growing my skills using Patience, strategy, and determination: kind of like life. It's interesting how everything in life can further ones learning including video games and in particular how easy it is to undermine ones own integrity following the path of least resistance or the herd.

Easy peasy isn't engaging for very long.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Without the glitches it would be fun, I'm enjoying it.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

This is not a thread complaining about the glitches, I have done the glitch, and I earned hundreds of millions from a bounty that a hacker put on someone, this is just a thread to talk about how the game would be if the money glitches never existed.

-You would have to think before you throw a sticky bomb since $500 cuts into your mission pay.
-You would have to contemplate every large purchase as it took you days to acquire the funds.
-Seeing a supercar would actually mean something, and they would actually be rare.
-Bounties would not be set at $9k all day in every lobby.

What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?  

Not as many Tanks/Buzzards/Bad Sports :D

If GTA O was glitchfree from release, we wouldn't even have a Cheater's Pool :D

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by iPsychoM, 08 November 2013 - 07:11 AM.

All the "legits", non glitchers are like f*cking 30 year old virgins, who say "I never f*cked anyone and I'm proud, not having sex is soooo fun"...
Yah.. keep fooling yourselves, while I'm having all the bitches and ganking you with my tank..

I dont really have the tank yet, just said that for the exaggeration :D
  • Khaos89 likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

More ppl would play missions. Besides my crew members seems like I'm the only on doing them while everyone else free roams

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Annoying, due to the low-payouts.

• willeyj likes this

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

It's all down south now.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Annoying, due to the low-payouts.

This.

Holy crap, it's such a grind to earn cash in this now. Especially the missions that are hard as f*** yet you still get paid 1,500-3,000$. It's freaking ridiculous.

Not sure how they thought cutting payouts in half would benefit this "economy" they praise. :rol:

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

What economy? The one they have so far failed to get working in multiplayer? Or the actual one via them making more actual money through cash cards? Because the latter I would agree with :yawn:

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

I feel bad for R*

Glitches were not intended and I doubt spenting 70-120 dollars for the game left you homeless or something. You could atleast be grateful and not ruin their stuff?

Money isnt magic. They cant just make all the dlc and fixes appear in a second.

I'd have bought a cash card but couldn't.

pakovrs
  • pakovrs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

GTAO without glitches would be a bunch of homeless who can't even afford a supressor for their weapons, or looking for the cheapest paint job, everyone driving fusilades and dominators.... yeah, that sound fun as hell

Every cash card sold makes us, the glitchers, more proud of our easy-earned millions. So please, buy as much as you can!! They are avaible now!! In addition, Rockstar needs to be rewarded for the "700 hundred missions" "the content creator" and "HEISTS avaible next week"

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think we can already see a change from the 1st part of stimulus.

There is less grinding going on, and more players are doing the missions. I previously struggled to get missions with more than one other player, but yesterday was in several 8 strong teams, which was great fun.

It proves more than anything that R* got it wrong when they created a grind fest.

Everyone has more fun when nobody worries about grinding (or glitching).

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Rockstar didn't "create a grind fest", they created a progression system. It's only because a proportion of their userbase can't understand that progress is meant to be slow (evidence: no real missions above level 100 - you think they want people to have nothing new to do from 100-999??), people are meant to enjoy playing the game, participating in missions etc. Unfortunately, a large number of people don't understand this, and want everything NOW, all the best stuff NOW, so call actually playing the game "grinding".

You know what guys, if you find the game a grind (synonymous with boring) there's plenty of other sh*t you can be filling your time with and maybe GTA:Online isn't for you. Eject the disc and return it to your vendor for trade in. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Alot less ten year olds and alot less complainers.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

I was just looking at the definition of a glitch: A sudden, usually temporary, malfunction of a computer.

That doesn't seem to really fit reselling cars. It's definitely an exploit. Since it isn't a malfunction of the game but a way to use the game how it was certainly not intended.

On topic, if I lost all the time that goes into a character, exploit or no, I'd be pissed. There would have to be have to be some mind blowing dlc like I've never seen.

Zombiejaeger
  • Zombiejaeger

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?  

Boring. It would be boring. Everyone would be broke, which while it sounds like a good idea, it isn't. 

Free Roam would be a ghost town. Everyone would be out doing races. Even most of the missions would be empty because they give such little pay.

While glitching isn't the 'admirable' thing to do, it is a sure-fire way to have some fun. 

Speak for yourself, I'm not broke, have a nice apartment, all weapons availible to me and maxed out ammo. Have a fully modded super plus four other fully modded cars. And 150k still in the bank.

And I would have had much more if it wasn't for the fact that I DO spend a lot of time in free roam.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

most of the idiotic swagfags would have left by now

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by iPsychoM, 08 November 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Oh, ok then.
You wouldnt have all that if you had a full time job + family + real life, would you? If you could play just about an hour a day and you wouldnt want to spend real money on cash cards , you would be running around with one pair of T-shirt with the pistol and unmodified sh*t car.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

The use of services and bounties would be totally different. Same as people nonchalantly going through ammo like it's free.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who hasn't glitched. :cry:

Memememememe pick me pick me. I played clean minus some xp farmin` on Criminal Records.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

um it would be the opposite dudde, the cheaters would be the ones using their hands and pretending they had real sex, sure you get a lot of it but its not legit (the real thing)

All the "legits", non glitchers are like f*cking 30 year old virgins, who say "I never f*cked anyone and I'm proud, not having sex is soooo fun"...
Yah.. keep fooling yourselves, while I'm having all the bitches and ganking you with my tank..

I dont really have the tank yet, just said that for the exaggeration :D

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

This is not a thread complaining about the glitches, I have done the glitch, and I earned hundreds of millions from a bounty that a hacker put on someone, this is just a thread to talk about how the game would be if the money glitches never existed.

-You would have to think before you throw a sticky bomb since $500 cuts into your mission pay.
-You would have to contemplate every large purchase as it took you days to acquire the funds.
-Seeing a supercar would actually mean something, and they would actually be rare.
-Bounties would not be set at $9k all day in every lobby.

Wrong.

I've never glitched and I have the $400K apartment, an Adder and a Buzzard Attack Chopper.

I also haven't bought any cash cards.

People who really enjoy the game, glitches or not, will play enough to legitimately earn everything that they really want in time, and it really doesn't take much time.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Without money glitching, early mission farmers would be kings.

Without early mission farming, racers would be kings.

GTAO's progression system just isn't balanced whichever way you cut it.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

It would be the best online game ever.

Nullaboy
  • Nullaboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by Nullaboy, 08 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who hasn't glitched. :cry:

I havent either & wont. I prefer to play legit.

I have never glitched,I have tho had someone randomly put an excessive amount of money in my account.

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by Panicbacon, 08 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

This, a million times this. I grinder Rooftop Rumble for an afternoon and make about 10 mil and went from lvl 45 to 107. Even before the money glitch was well known, I was well off thanks to one lazy Sunday. Glitching hasn't had that huge an effect on the game. There would still be the rich and moderately wealthy driving Infinitys and the poor shooting randoms in the street.

money glitches such as the LSC one being gone would have no effect on me..

i would still have a tank, buzzard, 10 garage that is full of fully modded cars including 4 that cost nearly 1m easily on the inital purchase.

i would still have grinded missions untill i hit 120, and even with the current payouts would still have pretty much everything i do.

i worked for my stuff... it pisses me off when people complain about it or label me a cheater for doing the work i have done.

Ice Tytan
  • Ice Tytan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Boring.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

It'd be a lot better.

But you still would get the same retards voting for the same map over and over like Criminal Records which ruins it just as much imo

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Game would be insufferably boring.  Lets face it, racing over and over and over or doing missions over and over and over, only to end up with a mid level apt in a month and 2 cars isn't fun for most.  Being able to do what ever you want, when ever you want is.  Lets face it, in a game where the whole premise is to become a criminal success, glitching actually seems to fit the game.

Plus some of the things like paint and visual car mods cost way too much, it's not fun thinking you can either buy ammo or a sweet color for your ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users