Quantcast

» «
Photo

What would GTA Online be like without the money glitches?

102 replies to this topic
SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't really care what other ppl have, I have all the cars I like, no supers, 400k apt, all the weps, tank, maverick, velum, and a suntrap.  95% legitimately obtained including my 132 rank.  I just have a lot of time to play online.  But if someone wants to glitch their way to a fortune in a short time it doesn't bother me especially like my friend who works 12 hours a day and only has an hour a day to play.  He doesn't glitch but if he did he would get more enjoyment out of the game.

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by GlaciusTS, 08 November 2013 - 12:04 AM.

People would be farming Violent Duct without using the exploit. And Rockstar wouldn't have cut the pay down so significantly. I would have sufficed with that actually, but after rockstar patched the exploit, they cut down rewards and got greedy. That's when I got pissed off because making money became a grueling process. Originally I planned on buying a card or two, but once they tried to force it down my throat, I quickly changed my mind.

So F*ck em', I'm not support R*'s decision to force cards down our throats. Now I earn money the same way the R* decision makers do, by doing relatively little for way more than I've earned.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Boring as f*ck I tell you h'wat.

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

don't think it would be massively differernt. people who glitched basically own the 400k apartment and adder+entity etc. neither really bother me in anyway, im level 97 and ive only seen 2 people in tanks.

with the stimulus package ive even bought a tank now, and ive done it all legit. by just doing missions.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Boring. It would be boring. Everyone would be broke, which while it sounds like a good idea, it isn't. 

Patently and risibly false.  I have never glitched and I'm not broke.

Just another glitcher looking to justify their poor behaviour.

• MoeBeerz likes this

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Troll thread imo.

OP has it in his head that it wouldn't be fun (for any of us) to play if we didn't cheat.

Well it is fun, Get over it.

Excuse me?  I just asked what the game would have been like, how is that a troll thread?

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Honestly? I think there would be a lot less money glichers had they not taken away the ability to replay missions and didn't cut payouts in half. This is why I don't really blame glitchers, it's R*'s fault for taking away incentive to play missions.

• who-dat likes this

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

I would give a hoof and a hoof if all these cheaters would be dealt with correctly.

Not just a "oh, you'll play by yourself for 3 days and then you can play with others ago and keep your stuff".

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

This is not a thread complaining about the glitches, I have done the glitch, and I earned hundreds of millions from a bounty that a hacker put on someone, this is just a thread to talk about how the game would be if the money glitches never existed.
-You would have to think before you throw a sticky bomb since $500 cuts into your mission pay.
-You would have to contemplate every large purchase as it took you days to acquire the funds.
-Seeing a supercar would actually mean something, and they would actually be rare.
-Bounties would not be set at $9k all day in every lobby.
What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?

So you're starting to see the light... good for you!

You may miss out on instant glory and that feeling extreme wealth must provide but the game will be 10x more fun since you're just playing it for fun. Cheating never turns out well even if you get waway with it for a while, just ask Lance Armstrong... he glitched his whole career :)

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

I play daily and I've come across maybe 2 verified glitchers.

Percentage wise there really aren't that many. Id doubt even 15% of players glitched. You meatheads are the minority not the majority. Not everbody deliberately searches for glitches on youtube and forums.

Y'all act like its some huge phenomenon.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Pretty much the same.
There are always going to be richer people with more stuff glitching or not.

Axton
  • Axton

Vault Hunter

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Boring. It would be boring. Everyone would be broke, which while it sounds like a good idea, it isn't. 

Patently and risibly false.  I have never glitched and I'm not broke.

Just another glitcher looking to justify their poor behaviour.

I have no need to justify anything. If everyone had as much money as R* intended us to have, it would be boring. No way around it.

By this I mean all money earned was done so completely "legit", as in no Criminal Records, no LSC, races gives much less money, no replaying missions, half-slashed mission payouts, and so on. The game would be, in my opinion, horribly boring. This game is supposed to last R* 4-5+ years, they certainly did not want everyone have endgame commodities a month in. They also didn't want all the saving issues and the plethora of glitches. Yet, that is how it happened.

You're free to disagree with me, as it is only my opinion. 

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

I play daily and I've come across maybe 2 verified glitchers.

Percentage wise there really aren't that many. Id doubt even 15% of players glitched. You meatheads are the minority not the majority. Not everbody deliberately searches for glitches on youtube and forums.

Y'all act like its some huge phenomenon.

I actually agree with this, I run into so many poor people on the game, but every lobby will usually have about 1 or 2 who glitched at least, so out of 16 people it is a small enough percentage, however just about EVERYONE has heard of the glitches.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

This is not a thread complaining about the glitches, I have done the glitch, and I earned hundreds of millions from a bounty that a hacker put on someone, this is just a thread to talk about how the game would be if the money glitches never existed.

-You would have to think before you throw a sticky bomb since $500 cuts into your mission pay.
-You would have to contemplate every large purchase as it took you days to acquire the funds.
-Seeing a supercar would actually mean something, and they would actually be rare.
-Bounties would not be set at $9k all day in every lobby.

What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?  

I find even the stimulus package to kind of kill it for me...I wass easily able to buy my modest apartment.. And have upgraded the 2 cars and bike I own...but I still have more money than I need...for now...I still want a big place with 10 car garage..and a tank...and a fleet of planes...but eventually...by working my way up to those items...that's what will keep me interested in this game or any other is the quest to those high end items...once that's done..for me I lose all interest...
Games more fun and will continue to become more fun by going at it the proper way.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

there wouldnt be anyone playing. Only a small percentage glitched because they are lazy to grind and farm missions. Everyone else because they lost money or whole characters. After they patched the missions and lost my fully modded entity i finally went ahead and did it. Then they halved even after people were playing legit and calling contacts and that felt like a huge "F U". Well screw you too, ill earn my money just as easy as you.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

-Tank griefers definately will  not be as  much as common as now.

and chopper/military aircraft to that

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

What a surprise. The losers who glitched millions found their way to this thread as well, and most of them seem to be claiming the same nonsense: "The game would be boring, and no one would play it". Funny that I have 20 something friends who all enjoy this game the way it's supposed to be played, and have never done the money glitch.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

My car modification budget would be a lot lower, which would suck because thats what i spend most my time doing

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

I tell you one thing, we would have far less people derping around in free roam with expensive stuff, less glitchers at the LSC. Those players would be in the jobs instead, so the player activity in the jobs section of the game would be far more active. 

This would be a good thing imo, as I think the jobs should be the a huge part of the game. I find while you invest yourself one specific part of the jobs, when you come to free roam things feel more alive because people are coming and going from all sorts of things you had yet to try.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

I haven't glitched to get any money so for me it would still be the same. Not bragging, but I really enjoy online and I'm on there a lot after work. I have 3 characters and three 391K Garages and 30 custom cars. I've earned my money doing missions and races. 

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

The glitchers are going to have to slave away for a hard earned dollar like the rest of us.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

Items would actually mean something. People would say, "Oh cool you got an Adder, or Tank, etc" rather than, "nobody cares what you have, glitcher". 

High End Vehicles/Planes/Tanks/Apartments could be used to identify elite gamers instead of glitching whores.

Working hard for something would feel rewarding.

Lastly, you wouldn't see the disgusting comebacks these people have,"You Guyz EeZ JeST JELOS dAt YoU DonT HaS MONIES" or the most disgusting, inconsiderate response ever "It's my game, I can play it how I want to"... It's an online game and these people broke it. There's no sense of pride in unlocking anything... Even the racing mods...

I hope that Rockstar learns from this... The game is basically a free roam of glitchers and griefers...

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Hypertion, 08 November 2013 - 03:16 AM.

money glitches such as the LSC one being gone would have no effect on me..

i would still have a tank, buzzard, 10 garage that is full of fully modded cars including 4 that cost nearly 1m easily on the inital purchase.

i would still have grinded missions untill i hit 120, and even with the current payouts would still have pretty much everything i do.

i worked for my stuff... it pisses me off when people complain about it or label me a cheater for doing the work i have done.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

i would still have a tank, buzzard, 10 garage that is full of fully modded cars including 4 that cost nearly 1m easily on the inital purchase.

i would still have grinded missions untill i hit 120, and even with the current payouts would still have pretty much everything i do.

i worked for my stuff... it pisses me off when people complain about it or label me a cheater for doing the work i have done.

You also seem to have no contact with the outside world. Go outside, shake somebody's hand and introduce yourself.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by Hypertion, 08 November 2013 - 03:21 AM.

You also seem to have no contact with the outside world. Go outside, shake somebody's hand and introduce yourself.

heh. you think i spend all my time on this game?

yep. tho i only actually grinded missions for a single day. by the end of that day i could no longer form straight lines of though but i had gone from lvl 30ish to 114.

that said i still do stuff with family, went out to dinner at a Indian restaurant last weekend. (i love spicy foods) but as for strangers they can stay well away from me... i trust no one at a glance...

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Lunytunes, 08 November 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Why is it that once you call somebody out on their life situation, they feel the need to tell you a story that happened sometime in their life?

"I have no life? I went to the park yesterday with my girl and we went to the movies and then I had freaky buttsecks all night long because I TALK TO PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW ME!"

I'm just saying that a person who played legit (No grinding or glitching) could not have all of the things you mentioned unless they put A LOT of hours into the game.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

The glitchers are going to have to slave away for a hard earned dollar like the rest of us.

or just buy it for $20.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who hasn't glitched. :cry:

nah the glitchers are def in the minority. Most players dont join forums and dont cheat lol. I dont know anyone from rl who glitched. And i know ppl who earned millions without cheating at all. I have a mid level 10 car garage and have only purchased 2 cars the vacca being the most expensive. And it would be awesome without glitchers. And the posts about it not giving ppl an advantage is so laughable. Being able to have all the fastest cars and unlimited ammo for all the guns at your level is a big advantage over someone actually earning everything and having to use money wisely lol

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

The game is better without cheating plain and simple.

If your so overwhelmed, distraught and defeated by a virtual gathering of pixels that you resort to cheating...that says more than is necessary about how mentally fragile you are. How weak and feeble you must be...

Just think about it for a second. You are so defeated by a GAME, that the only way to get your jollies is to do a workaround of the games code to give yourself the advantage. You find a computer generated image and random coding is beyond your intelligence and has you crying in a corner, diabolically scheming to get your virtual revenge ?? Wow just wow. I believe these people deserve a new definition to the term fail.

Can't say I can fathom such a worthless existence...

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 08 November 2013 - 03:30 AM.

or just buy it for $20.

at least they'll be doing it LEGITIMATELY  this time around. :lol:

But odds are they can't afford to buy them and/or don't care to buy them.  So after their last chrome adder gets sticky bombed, there is a good chance these folks will be moving on to other greener pastures.  Like CoD or SR4. Or perhaps even AC Black Flag, assuming they're emotionally mature enough to play a game like this that is..... :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users