Quantcast

» «
Photo

What would GTA Online be like without the money glitches?

102 replies to this topic
GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

This is not a thread complaining about the glitches, I have done the glitch, and I earned hundreds of millions from a bounty that a hacker put on someone, this is just a thread to talk about how the game would be if the money glitches never existed.

-You would have to think before you throw a sticky bomb since $500 cuts into your mission pay.
-You would have to contemplate every large purchase as it took you days to acquire the funds.
-Seeing a supercar would actually mean something, and they would actually be rare.
-Bounties would not be set at $9k all day in every lobby.

What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?  

• ShinobiFixer and Phyxsius- like this

KING01
  • KING01

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by KING01, 07 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.

-Tank griefers definately will  not be as  much as common as now.

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Fair points.

But this is GTA, it's supposed to be mayhem.

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by SocalZHP, 07 November 2013 - 10:01 PM.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who hasn't glitched. :cry:

• saintsrow and Jedi Master Tom like this

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

There's still an option to, and now that over-priced shark cards are out there's no feeling bad for it.
  • Legendstig likes this

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

It would be a different different game. A lot of people would actually be living in the cheaper apartments. More people would be doing races, missions and all the different things to earn their money. But obviously the biggest different would be seen in free roam. No more lvl 20 kids with their chrome Adders. Most of lvl +70 players wouldn't have a tank in their back pocket. And overrall, someone with a high rank, expensive apartment, nice car collection and a tank would be a rare thing.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Instead of lots of people doing short car races and survivals/deathmatches they can restart, everyone would be.

Once you have enough money from glitching or GTA cards, you tend to go back to playing the missions for fun and enjoying the game the natural way - without feeling compelled to repeat or only participate in jobs with high payouts.

I was loving playing missions with my crew memebers to earn my money - but halved payouts, no more quick restarts, progress became frustratingly slow (especially since I like modifying vehicles, and messing around in free roam).

• JustOneMonth likes this

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

It wouldn't be as fun for me....having to hussle missions over and over to buy a car isn't how I play gta....

As I've learned from previous gta titles, it's easier to steal a car (whether it be literally stealing a car or using the broken system to sell a car over and over to get $) than it is to save and purchase one.

Axton
  • Axton

Vault Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

What are some of the things you think would be different if everyone had to earn their money the way rockstar intended?  

Boring. It would be boring. Everyone would be broke, which while it sounds like a good idea, it isn't. 

Free Roam would be a ghost town. Everyone would be out doing races. Even most of the missions would be empty because they give such little pay.

While glitching isn't the 'admirable' thing to do, it is a sure-fire way to have some fun. 

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Not sure if I understand this thread.

Maybe you should title it:

What's it like playing this game without cheating?

-Its fun :).

-

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

it would be fun for the first week then collecting dust the second week.
  • saintsrow likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Even. Anyone who says that them having glitched themselves more money doesn't give them an advantage must be trying to fool themselves. 

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Not sure if I understand this thread.

Maybe you should title it:

What's it like playing this game without cheating?

-Its fun :).

-

No, the money glitch affects you whether you do it or not because the world around you is changed.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

I havent either & wont. I prefer to play legit.

ParlorTrix
  • ParlorTrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Easy fix, rockstat just needs to boost the price of everything coming out. Then the balance will be there and the poor people will remain poor, just like the real world. Yay for rich peoples economy.

dwallen
  • dwallen

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

I have thought about this a few times.

I glitched, not a whole lot but enough that I dont have to worry about dying all the time in free roam, buying the parts for my cars, and grinding away on missions.

Before I glitched, a buddy and I would run invite only sessions to grind missions, races, survivals, and what ever else it took to buy what we wanted.

After I did the glitching, we now run around in free roam having a blast, starting wars with randoms, chasing the bounties, and having... what is that thing we are supposed to be having when we play video games.... oh yeah, FUN.

I am not saying, go glitch, but it made my experience on GTA:O a lot more fun.

• saintsrow likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Boring.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

if i didn't glitch millions then i'd never have any money to the point where i'd think the game sucks.  then i'd probably sell the game.  having to constantly work around this lame bad sport sh*t is also making me think about selling the game.

when i get to roam around and do whatever i want it's great!  getting punished by the occasional bad sport and constant expenses ruins the game for me.

• saintsrow likes this

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

I haven't glitched and I'm having fun. It's good running around keeping to a budget. Like real life.

Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

I have 10 car garage with a bunch of stolen, half modded cars in it and on average less than 30k in the bank.  Every time I think I'm gonna save up for a buzzard or some other high end purchase I wind up blowing the cash on new vehicle/gun unlocks.  It is a rough climb that I'm hoping heists will serve to lessen some.  But overall it has been fun.  Although impromptu crew wars definitely serve to cut into my finances.  

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Canucks555, 07 November 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Troll thread imo.

OP has it in his head that it wouldn't be fun (for any of us) to play if we didn't cheat.

Well it is fun, Get over it.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

It would be pretty much the same except less chrome...

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

I feel bad for R*

Glitches were not intended and I doubt spenting 70-120 dollars for the game left you homeless or something. You could atleast be grateful and not ruin their stuff?

Money isnt magic. They cant just make all the dlc and fixes appear in a second.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Play for a while, buy a cash card. Play for a while, buy a cash card. And on and so forth lol

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

i don't glitch ether, the gta online world would be way better without glitchers. :cry:

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Thered probably be more knife fights since most of us would eventually run out of money for ammo.

• saintsrow, who-dat and vw11 like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Troll thread imo.

OP has it in his head that it wouldn't be fun (for any of us) to play if we didn't cheat.

Well it is fun, Get over it.

playing legit is fun!!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

The game would be better.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

if there wasnt so much cool, expensive stuff to buy... it'd be cool for everyone. but since there is, i got 3mil in the bank and plan on upping that tonight to stay ahead of the curve. wooo wooo

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

f*ck you all, glitchers. Play the game as intended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users