Photo

I really dislike liberty city

38 replies to this topic
Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

before u flame me hear me out, i live in rockford hills and will never ever come back to
that grungy, crime riddled, freezing cold, vermin filled city, just thinking about it gives me the creeps

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I will always have a place in my heart for that penthouse loft in that corner of Northwood. Cruising down 5th Avenue (can't remember what it's called in the game, I just know what it is IRL since I live in NYC lol) in my gold Infernus. Getting dressed up for my date with Kiki. Then when the sun sets, change into my vigilante outfit, hop in my NOOSE Patriot and go out on patrol. 

GTA 4 will always have its charm for me. NYC is my home, so I guess I'm biased when it comes to whether I like Liberty City or not :p

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Well, only 1 block in LC is more detailed than San Andreas, keep that in mind.

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I love Liberty City, Los Santos just feels fake

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Good for you. :cookie: Nobody gives a flying rat's ass about how you prefer superficial, almost bankrupted, celebrity crazy lands with more foreclosed homes than the amount of abandoned buildings in LC. :sly:

• bunzubs likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Well, unless the Big R changes the things, I don't see myself changing LC for LS...

Anyway, once you get used to the dark and gritty atmosphere of the city of Liberty, is not that bad. Besides, do you even have there in LS bowling alleys? :p

GúnZinEss
  • GúnZinEss

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

LC is so beautiful, so well made, i love cruising around it, i love the gritty feels, it fits the game vibe.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

I love Liberty City, Los Santos just feels fake

Well it *is* supposed to represent Los Angeles... ;D

Never could get into GTA 4's gameplay or story, but I like the setting.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

That's because you're not man enough to handle the dark, cold streets son. I mean at least in LC we can enter restaurants and such. You guys have to stand out side in the pissing down rain without umbrellas because apparently no one in LS/SA knows how to use an umbrella...

• MindCorrupt and ThroatSlasher2 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

The reason L.C feels detailed is because every damn block is the same thing there were few unique buildings 'around, most of them are on Algoquin anyway.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 8

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

The reason L.C feels detailed is because every damn block is the same thing there were few unique buildings 'around, most of them are on Algoquin anyway.

...what?

• ThroatSlasher2 and Mr_Goldcard like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by Tenxax, 08 November 2013 - 03:21 AM.

What im trying to say, is that people say L.C is overall even more detailed than LS, but Literally what makes it feel detailed is the fact that you can see the same building every 10 seconds or the same prop being heavily used.

Algoquin was the only one with unique places, with the exception of some Projects and other buildings around and a couple of warehouses.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

What im trying to say, is that people say L.C is overall even more detailed than LS, but Literally what makes it feel detailed is the fact that you can see the same building every 10 seconds or the same prop being heavily used.

Algoquin was the only one with unique places, with the exception of some Projects and other buildings around and a couple of warehouses.

Where do I begin? :yawn: Just-just shut up dude. Have you thoroughly explored each neighborhood, have you just cruised around observing most of the buildings, have you looked at Google Maps & Streetview to compare or find real life counterparts? NO! So shut up. I'm sick of these clueless haters making up sh*t like "all of the buildings look the same" just because other people say it. That is complete and utter bullsh*t. Why don't you take some time out to actually look at the city and all of it's different unique buildings.

Every neighborhood has it's own unique buildings -- most of them never repeated -- and different feel just like in Los Santos. Yeah the variety of buildings in better in Los Santos, but that does not mean Liberty City just has the same sh*t all over the place outside of Algonquin.

Look at Willis? It has the most unique train station dubbed in Dutch architecture. There are tons of real life Forest Hills, Queens buildings in Willis. Look at Meadows Hills, many of those wealthy Dutch styled tudors are in Forest Hills, Queens. Just-just look dude, before you talk sh*t.

And just to show you how many buildings in Liberty are unique/real here is a thread made a year ago, shut up and educate yourself:

http://gtaforums.com...e +counterparts

Here's another!

Make sure you know what you're talking about before you diss it. :colgate:

• Tycek and PaletoChickenCapo like this

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I like LC when I'm in a sadder mood (usually around late fall or early winter) but otherwise I like the landscape of LS.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

I like LC when I'm in a sadder mood (usually around late fall or early winter) but otherwise I like the landscape of LS.

Thank you! :^: Sort of how I feel.
  • Sasqui likes this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'd take LC over LS anyday. The city itself is much more detailed, and it just feel more like GTA to me. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

Where do I begin? :yawn: Just-just shut up dude. Have you thoroughly explored each neighborhood, have you just cruised around observing most of the buildings, have you looked at Google Maps & Streetview to compare or find real life counterparts? NO! So shut up. I'm sick of these clueless haters making up sh*t like "all of the buildings look the same" just because other people say it. That is complete and utter bullsh*t. Why don't you take some time out to actually look at the city and all of it's different unique buildings.

Every neighborhood has it's own unique buildings -- most of them never repeated -- and different feel just like in Los Santos. Yeah the variety of buildings in better in Los Santos, but that does not mean Liberty City just has the same sh*t all over the place outside of Algonquin.

Look at Willis? It has the most unique train station dubbed in Dutch architecture. There are tons of real life Forest Hills, Queens buildings in Willis. Look at Meadows Hills, many of those wealthy Dutch styled tudors are in Forest Hills, Queens. Just-just look dude, before you talk sh*t.

And just to show you how many buildings in Liberty are unique/real here is a thread made a year ago, shut up and educate yourself:

Here's another!

Make sure you know what you're talking about before you diss it. :colgate:

Generally speaking every neighbourhood in GTA IV is unique. I don't understand it when people say they all look and feel the same because that's a load of sh*t to me. Sure there a few repeated interiors and such, but most if not all buildings are different. Can you honestly say store fronts repeat themselves?

Compared to games/franchises like True Crime, Assassin's Creed etc that are notorious for copy & pasted environments GTA IV's LC is a marvel of modern video gaming.

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

Above: Exactly! There were a lot of unique storefronts. In fact, I still am discovering some I've never seen before.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 21 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

I think when you compare LC to LS, Tenx has a bit more of a point. Not every building looked the same in LC (that's exaggeration at work), but a lot of the larger 'just for atmosphere' buildings felt the same. They were either cold, gray or red brick with a fire escape and windows, or else the standard cross-shaped public housing buildings. In a lot of areas this wasn't true in the slightest, but there were a lot of areas that would have felt like that if you weren't paying much attention. Some parts of Broker and Bohan are especially bad like that.

And when you compare it to the real NYC it's really lacking in architecture and storefronts.

ViceCityMobster86
  • ViceCityMobster86

One crazy mofo

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

I personally like Liberty City better then Los Santos but we all have a right to our own opinions.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

And when you compare it to the real NYC it's really lacking in architecture and storefronts.

Well that's a fair comparison. Comparing a video game reimagining to the real thing. R* always said they wanted to make something closer to NYC than what was in GTA III, but of course it's still not block by block and lacks things the real NYC has.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

My biggest gripe with LC is the gritty mood spread throughout the whole map. I would of thought some places would be alive and colourful, like Times Square, but that was a dissapointment in my eyes because it lacked flavour and was bland because it felt like the urban areas of LC.
LS, on the other hand, has a good contrast of dark and bright. First moment you're in a bright and sunny Rockford Hills, next you're underneath the bridges and freeways with the homeless and the gangs, with the sound of gas guzzling trucks above you.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

My biggest gripe with LC is the gritty mood spread throughout the whole map. I would of thought some places would be alive and colourful, like Times Square, but that was a dissapointment in my eyes because it lacked flavour and was bland because it felt like the urban areas of LC.
LS, on the other hand, has a good contrast of dark and bright. First moment you're in a bright and sunny Rockford Hills, next you're underneath the bridges and freeways with the homeless and the gangs, with the sound of gas guzzling trucks above you.

GTA IV is naturally a gritty and moody type of game. Also I can't say I agree with you about Star Junction. IMO it has more character and flavour than anything LS offers.

The traffic jams, all the gleaming billboards, saxophone players busking, people doing different things etc. I've never really understood why people complain it really. It's like they expected it to be exactly like Times Square. Yet I think it's one of the most characteristic and alive locations any GTA city has ever had.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

I love LC. It captured the feel of old NYC perfectly. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 21 November 2013 - 04:18 AM.

GTA IV is naturally a gritty and moody type of game. Also I can't say I agree with you about Star Junction. IMO it has more character and flavour than anything LS offers.

The traffic jams, all the gleaming billboards, saxophone players busking, people doing different things etc. I've never really understood why people complain it really. It's like they expected it to be exactly like Times Square. Yet I think it's one of the most characteristic and alive locations any GTA city has ever had.
LS has all of those things IMO (street performers instead of saxophone players)
I didn't expect LC to be an exact copy of NYC but I did feel like Star Junction/Times Square could of had the alive and bright mood you see in cliche ridden movies.
I was also dissapointed that there wasn't any musical theatres in SJ, or many interiors for that matter.
I don't know, I guess I got bored of the gritty mood after a while.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 21 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

I love Liberty City. Flying between the skyscrappers in Algonquin was something else. Feels huge compared to Los Santos. I wouldn't mind if R* used some mountain space for extra city volume for GTA V.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Well that's a fair comparison. Comparing a video game reimagining to the real thing. R* always said they wanted to make something closer to NYC than what was in GTA III, but of course it's still not block by block and lacks things the real NYC has.

That was a joke compaison. It was meant to humor the reader. :colgate:

If Rockstar wanted New York I feel like they went a little too far on the 'dark and gritty.' It looks a lot more like New York, but it feels off. I feel sad when I play in South Algonquin, because the real financial district (and especially Battery Park) feels a lot more alive and cheery than IV's version.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

So ... are these suggestions that we will see yet another modern re-interpretation of Liberty City in future GTAs ?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

So ... are these suggestions that we will see yet another modern re-interpretation of Liberty City in future GTAs ?

I hope so but they should set in the 70s when NYC was really grimy and dangerous. It would be the perfect setting for a GTA game.

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:44 PM Edited by StingrayX, 21 November 2013 - 07:50 PM.

I hope so but they should set in the 70s when NYC was really grimy and dangerous. It would be the perfect setting for a GTA game.
I actually agree, that would be pretty interesting.

@Joe Chip, I disagree. When I go down to South Algonquin's financial disctrict, it feels awfully serious, executive, and kind of accurate to the real financial district -- albeit the real one has an area where the grids are uneven with some interesting and tall old structures.

The Battery Park area feels heartwarming. I drove a Turismo and Infernus down there and parked them by the fountain near the Poop Deck building. It looked gorgeous. The views were lovely, it was clean, there was actually quite a lot of people walking by, and I felt like I was in the real place. The architecture was executed well in Southern Algonquin too, I was amazed. I still love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users